Atlanta Falcons Free Agent Tags

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CaddilacRockBox, Aug 28, 2009.

1. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Atlanta Falcons Free Agent Tags

26yr olds to be

Kevin Robinson WR 60ovr
    Sam Baker LT 89ovr**
    Thomas DeCoud FS 71ovr
    Matt Ryan QB 90ovr**
    Courtney Bryan SS 64ovr
    Trey Lewis DT 67ovr
    Chris Houston CB 75ovr

30yr olds to be

Harvey Dahl RG 89ovr
    Julius Jones HB 74ovr

33yr olds to be

John Abraham RE 94ovr**
    Thomas Jones HB 87ovr

36yr olds to be

Chris Naeole RG 70ovr

5/5 tagged*
    1. Peria Jerry DT
    2. Terrell Owens WR
    3. Matt Ryan QB
    4. Sam Baker LT
    5. John Abraham RE

2. CaddilacRockBox

Falcons release WR Chandler Williams and sign WR/KR Kevin Robinson.

3. CaddilacRockBox

Falcons release WR Aaron Kelly, sign HB Julius Jones.

4. XtHcX519X

XtHcX519X Guest

Ok guys I am the new owner.

GT: XtHcX519X

AIM: XtHcX360X

5. XtHcX519X

XtHcX519X Guest

Sorry it didn't work out.

I played Saints and ran for 100 each with Turner and Jones and passed deep to White and Owens and apparently that's not how football is played here. I also moved my SS presnap deeper on Colston's side and switched back to FS and apparently this is why he lost and quit in the 4th Q after he called Goaline and I scored a TD on a run play.

Stats will speak for themselves. Anyways good luck with your league guys sorry I couldn't stick around, just can't stand quitters.

6. CaddilacRockBox

It does say in the rules that if you move a defensive player, you have to control that player the whole following play.

7. XtHcX519X

XtHcX519X Guest

I understand entirely why a rule like this is in place, to prevent nano blitzes and gap shooting. I honestly didn't think me moving my SS deeper to cover Colston was gonna be an issue but apparently this guy is a sore loser and needed some excuses.

I made my FS Declood look like Ed Reed out there, batting balls, manual INT and even stuff runs in the backfield, controlling him presnap till the end of the play. This is why he lost. All while he calls Goaline D all game and sits on a DT and wonder why I keep running toss plays and scoring.

The he even says I run 5 plays on O and D. I take that as a complement that just because I use one set alot that I have you things its one play. My blitz schemes had him flustered as I would have every guy covered 1 on 1 and he couldn't get the ball off. At some points he was running around like Brees was Mike Vick.

Wish I would had had a better experience here as its a decent site.

8. trutest

trutest Walk On

moving on....

Next time read the rules before you play your 1st game for a new league.

9. XtHcX519X

XtHcX519X Guest

I would never agree to move secondary AWAY FROM THE LOS as a rule, I don't care what you posted. Moving them away is not the issue, overloading gaps and trying to nano is the issue and you know it. Now run along and play favorites because I spanked your boy and would run the train on the entire league. We both know moving a SS farther back in coverage is not an AI issue or any kind of flaw, please come up with something better then that.

This league = joke

This league = quitters

10. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Hey man, the rule says if you move a player you stay on the player. If this is how you want to act instead of being respectful then maybe it's good that you aren't in the league anymore.

11. trutest

trutest Walk On

yeah seriously... what an asshole

12. XtHcX519X

XtHcX519X Guest

He did the exact same thing, cept he would take Vilma put him in a gap and then grab a d-lineman. But I'm sure that will go unpunished. Guess that's what you gotta do when you have two backs go for 100 each on you.

I think your rule should be modified all being a jerk aside. There is no reason that moving a guy back so you don't get beat is cheesey or in somehow abusing the AI. All I did was move my SS over and deeper on Quads Bunch Shotty plays because he was trying to roll and hit corner routes. I can only defend one side manually. Your honestly gonna say thats bad sportsmanship and rule breaking? I'm just adjusting and trying to play coverage, not shooting gaps and nano.

And he quits when I score a rushing TD to seal it and that's ok?

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Your not a good fit for Tradition football, the rules of this league are the rules. Cya.

14. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Nobody is saying quitting is ok. The fact is if the rule is there for everyone to see then it's expected for people to follow it. If you don't feel like the rule is suitable enough for you to play your games then the league isn't for you. That is why we have new members look at the rules of whatever league they join. Not everyone is going to agree with the rule but we have enough guys to play and follow it to have this league along with many others. As far as your opponent I'm sure something will be done for him as well as he showed bad sportsmanship on his part. As a new player, questioning the rules that have ben in place long before you got here doesn't leave a good impression on anyone.

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't think anyone here is talking about the Saints owner. He quit in the middle of a game, which is against league rules and I trust the commissioner will step in and make the appropriate sanctions.

So let's talk about you... There are ways to come about talking about the rules, this is not one of them. Regardless of why you think the rules are there, they are there for a reason. The rules is simple, you move a guy, you control him. There is a 'soft coverage' pre-snap adjustment if you wanted to move your DBs back and then control your FS.

Since we are talking about the FS play, keep him away from the line of scrimmage. He is a FS, not a strong safety. Although it's possible to record a couple, a FS shouldn't be breaking running plays up in the backfield.

Please, loose the attitude and be respectful. Pointing fingers is not the mature thing to do.

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

And since you are so good at math....

Being a doucher + arguing + insulting the league + pointing fingers = Banned.

17. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

This is maybe post of the league so far! "being a Doucher" I'm just sad I missed all this drama while I was at work!!!