Atlanta Falcons Trading Block

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by antcap24, Jan 18, 2012.

1. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

The Atlanta Falcons are going to attempt to emulate their real life counterparts and try to make the switch to a 3-4 next season if they can obtain the right pieces this offseason.

To do so the following players are on the block:

DE J. Abraham (93)
    DE R. Edwards (88)
    CB B. Grimes (83)
    FS T. DeCoud (80)

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I may be interested in Edwards, what are you looking for in return?

3. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Looking for:

G, FS, MLB, a 3-4 DT, or draft picks.

4. fuzzyl0gic

Do Jordan Gross, Travelle Wharton, or Geoff Schwartz interest you at all?

5. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Gross is too expensive for my cap situation. Did not care too much for Wharton. Schwartz is pretty equal to my current G Blalock.

After looking at your roster, I would be interested in OLBs J. Anderson or T. Davis if you would be trade one of them.

6. fuzzyl0gic

Hm, Edwards for T. Davis straight-up seems like a pretty fair trade to me for both teams. What say you?

7. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I like it. My only reservation is next years progression as Davis is turning 30. Edwards is going to be 28 so there should not be any worry to his rating dropping.
    Also, looking at the cap situation, we are both better pressed to wait until the year advances for cap hit issues(both of us will save money)

To take a straight up trade, I would need to see he did degress first.

8. fuzzyl0gic

True, we can wait it out if you want.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Are you looking for depth or huge upgrades?

10. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

At this point I am trying to explore making the switch to a 3-4. If I can find some key pieces either from a trade or a through the draft then the other pieces would not have to be upgrades.
    I feel that I have some DTs on my roster that could play DEs in the 3-4 system in Baibineaux and Peters, and feel my biggest concern is to find then 3-4 NT to solidfy the posiition. My biggest trade bait would be DE Edwards or Abraham to do so. Unfortunately trading 4-3 Ends for a 3-4 NT might be a pipe dream. I may have to find the right fit in the draft.
    So I may have to settle for a G out of the trade for the DE, which is in my eyes a spot I need to upgrade.

As far as executing the right LB crew, I feel I could leave Lofton at MLB and try to either move Weatherspoon inside and trade for an OLB or wait and see if A. Dent progresses well enough to fill the MLB position.

Grimes and DeCoud are most likely not Falcons next year in real life, so Id rather have them off my team... Grimes decision to not play against the Giants has left a bitter taste in my mouth for him, and DeCoud does not project well in Mike Nolans new 3-4 D.

11. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Spoken like a true fan right there!