Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wajomatik, Oct 16, 2009.

1. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Atlanta Falcons

Coach Waj Brings A Promise To The South
    Braves and Birds-The Atlanta Sports Blog
    Xavier Washington

Excellence. This is what coach Waj has promised to bring to the Atlanta Falcons franchise. Hailing from New Mexico Coach “Wajomatik” has relocated to Atlanta with one thing on his mind, success. “I give my personal promise to instill a hunger to this team. A hunger for victory in all facets of the game.” Falcons’ owner Arthur Blank said at this morning’s press conference, “Coach Waj’s work ethic is second to none. He brings a passion for the game and a philosophy to Georgia the likes of which have never been seen here before. We are very happy to announce his tenure as the Atlanta Falcons head coach.” Some say coach Wajy’s approach does not bring the discipline needed to be a head coach in the NFL. “I believe I can inspire these guys to follow me. Now while my code of conduct my not be as totalitarian as other coaches in the league, every player on this team knows what I demand week in and week out. Excellence and that I can promise.” The new coach is off to a great start winning the first game of the season in dominating fashion, now lets see if the team can maintain that dominance throughout the season.

2. wajomatik

Falcons fire defensive coordinator Brian Van Gorde
    The Birds and Braves Blog
    Xavier Washington

In a surprising move the Atlanta Falcons have fired defensive coordinator Brian Van Gorde. Last season the Atlanta Falcons were 24th in total defense in the league. They surrendered a lot of yards (348.2 yds/gm) but were pretty good at not giving up a lot of points (20.3 pts/gm). Another bad statistic that haunted Atlanta was the 109 penalties they committed during the season (don't know the exact stats, but I would bet a good portion of them were on the defense). Head coach Aaron Kahwajy plans on taking the defensive play calling into his hands for the duration of the season. “Brian is a great coach and we wish him the best of luck. But the performance of the defensive over the course of last year was pitiful” coach Wajy said at today’s press conference “I want to give these guys all the tools they need to get the job done.” Coach “Wajomatik” is converting the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4, so he has his work cut out for him. Add to that the departure of key players Keith Brooking, Grady Jackson, Michael Boley, Dominique Foxworth, and Lawyer Milloy, and this defense is definitely going to have a new look.

3. wajomatik

Coach Wajy Resigns After 2-1 Start
    Birds and Braves-The Atlanta Sports Blog

After a strong start to the season at 2-1 Coach Wajomatik announced his sudden resignation as head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. "I came to Atlanta with a good feeling in my gut. This is a great group of guys, the front office was behind me, and the city welcomed me with open arms. But due to leauge rules about that I was not aware of at the start of the season I will not be able to run a successful defense here. Without being able to properly coach I must turn the rains over to someone else. I wish the "Dirty Birds" the best."

4. wajomatik

Dissappointing "D"
    Birds and Braves-Atlanta Sports Blog
    Xavier Washington

After starting the season off with 2 solid performances the Atlanta defense wilted against the high powered New England Patriots. Tom Brady picked the defense apart going 31-47 for 426 yards and 4 TD's. "We just played a terrible game, and I put the responsibility squarely on my shoulders. I just did not have these guys prepared," Coach Wajomatik said after the game. "We have to be more effective at getting to the QB and be able to hold up in coverage."

Atlanta looks to bounce back from the gut wrenching loss by getting things together defensively after the bye week when they travel to San Francisco to face the 49'ers