ATTENTION: ALL READ

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Oct 28, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

ATTENTION: ALL READ

Guys, some of you are still doing it, and while it isn't a big deal it is kinda frustrating to repeat over and over.

1. When you make an update to your playbooks you don't need to say "update" or make a post with your new playbooks.

The very first post should just be edited when you make a change, and should always be current. This way someone looking to get information on you doesn't have to look around every where for it. Eventually, the threads will be cluttered enough where it'll get tough/confusing.

2. When filling out a scouting report on someone else...copy and paste their current playbooks. Please review the sticky "Rules to posting a scouting report."

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

please read. it's obvious no one has.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I take offense to that mine is updated

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yea Im still the same ol' G over at Rice.

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Mine has been the same since week 1 of season 1.

6. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Same here....

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

it isn't just about keeping yours' updated.

There are people, when doing a scouting report, that fail to post the other persons playbooks that were used.

and there are still playbooks like are like this..

Playbook: Hawai'i
    Offense - balanced
    Defense - 4-3

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

In all honesty how do we know what playbook was used. And why does it matter. same with the defense. I think the person should post what playbooks and defense they use but the guys writing a scouting report should just post about what they saw you don't have to go too indepth but just a little snippet of what playing them is like. I for one do not know what anyone else plays for an offense because you can change it before kickoff anyway.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

how do you know what playbook was used? it's in their first post and should be current.

why does it matter? because you want to know what playbook they were using when you are reading the scouting report posted by someone.

you also want to know what playbooks so you can go in practice mode and practice against it if need be.

there are a lot of unique plays found in only certain playbooks.
    - Air Force has the speed option out of spread (as well as fleXbox One)
    - Houston has the a WR reverse type play out of shotgun I believe
    - Florida and Miss St are similar in a lot of ways (both have gator/bull dog heavy), Florida has some plays with a WR counter, and Miss St has a WR option where the #1 WR will motion and they also have wildcat
    - South Carolina has the emory and henry and wide receiver reverse type play out of ace.
    - etc, etc...

If the original post isn't updated, we won't know which playbook to prepare for for that week. Also, if the person doing the report doesn't post what playbooks were used how would a person reading know where these certain plays/formations were coming from?

Personally, I do go through other people's playbooks.

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

OK fancy pants

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

hey..name calling = no no