ATTENTION: Change to Punter & Kicker cap hits.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

ATTENTION: Change to Punter & Kicker cap hits.

This will go into effect in Year 3.

Kickers & Punters cap hits will now be one-half of their original values.

Ex.:

P Shane Lechler-96ovr

15pt cap hit - now 15/2 = 7.5 (rounded-up) 8 pt cap hit

This will also affect Minimum Bidding on FA punters and kickers. Their starting minimum bid is 1/2 their original value.

Ex.

K John Leadfoot-71ovr

Minimum bid 6 divided by 2 = 3pt minimum starting bid.

Note: Once a player is won in FA, his cap value remains whatever the winning bid was. IT IS NOT AGAIN CUT IN HALF.

Also remember when figuring your Top 20 average for mandatory offseason cuts, Punters and Kickers overalls are not figured into your top 20 average.
    This also means punters and kickers cannot be counted as a mandatory cut.

Changes have been made to all non-playoff team cap books. Use your new cap space wisely. (y)

2. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

nice i was gonna release elam because of the hit cap i took for him. ill keep him now!

3. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

never mind i did not read the rule about them not being part of your manditory cut......still a little confused

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

shuff, when you are figuring your top 20 average for offseason mandatory cuts exclude punters and kickers from being used in the averages. Thus, when it comes time to cut the required players per our league mandatory cut rules, punters and kickers cannot be used as cuts.

You can still cut your punter or kicker, they just wont count towards your mandatory cut number.

5. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

okay i got it now makes sense. punters dont effect your top 20/Mandatory Cuts reguardless and with the new rule they just count Half there previous points towards your overall cap.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

GOOD rule change here. Always felt that was stupid to have 15 point kickers. Just never voiced it. Just cut my high priced guys and signed cheaper ones.