Attention: League Restructuring 2010 (TT only)

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Drifterbub, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Attention: League Restructuring 2010 (TT only)

After examining our leagues from top to bottom and discussing it with the management team, we have decided to propose some restructuring to the functionality of our leagues. The idea was to create a 'two-tier' system that accomplishes a few things:
    • Reward dedicated members
    • Develop a placement system for new members
    • Encourage people to actively participate and meet league requirements by providing incentives
    • Create an environment for new members to play with veterans and increase the continuity of our league as a whole

Basically, the top half of the TT leagues (currently TTI, II and III) will become Premier Leagues. Spots in these leagues are only to be awarded to active, proven members who have contributed to help make this community what it is. With this being said, there will be no duplicate spots allowed in the Premier Leagues, with the only exception being commissioners. Commissioners will be allowed to serve as the commish of a Premier league and occupy a spot in another Premier league, if desired. It is a way of awarding our commissioners for taking a step up, committing their extra time, and becoming a leader in our community.

The bottom half of the TT Leagues (currently TTIV, V, and VI) will become Feeder Leagues. These Feeder Leagues will provide new members their first attempt at coaching in a TT league. All members wishing to enroll in multiple dynasties are encouraged to do so here. This is where we ask for help from our veteran members. It's extremely difficult for a commish to establish a new dynasty with a full group of new members while monitoring the health of the dynasty. Therefore, it is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED that you veteran guys step in to these dynasties and provide a strong model for how to conduct yourselves in a league here at TF. As Ryno has stated before, we are only as strong as our members and we have confidence in our guys to help develop new, solid members.

I feel like this new structure is more fair to all members. It provides everyone who is deserving a strong league to participate in without having to worry about cheesers or immature people who aren't TF material. I feel that this could really strengthen our community. Right now I feel like we are top heavy, with very few veteran guys taking a whole lot of interest in how our lower leagues are progressing. I think it's time we start leading by example.

**** Note: This will take effect when we launch or 2010 dynasties. ****

Please feel free to chime in with any questions comments or concerns!

League Rosters for 2010

TTI
    Ryno
    Jms
    Juggs
    Helli
    Bruce
    Mo
    Rhude
    VaSteel
    Kinger
    Fosh
    Rameriz
    -Open-

TTII
    Drifter
    JrRawlins
    OmLawdog
    Muttcope
    HoosierHoo
    Khaalis
    Sandman
    Bondzai
    BBJ
    Bogey
    DigginGraves
    Flo

TTIII
    RaveDown
    HotRod
    MarcMan
    EaglesIrish
    Colemanchu
    MazzMan
    CribbsStyle
    MatrixMonkey
    Pryor 2
    mcyork
    Blaza
    -1 open-

TTIV
    LSUtiga21
    Ur Stoopidity
    Lucid947
    CasterTroy
    1ke
    The Parrothead
    Riptide
    Murkya
    Mcyork
    Mr Cornhusker
    Go Gators
    NatiSaint

TT V

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Hey Drifter, quick question - any idea when you'll be announcing who is invited to the Premier Leagues?

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Should be quick. There are a few question marks that we are working out as a management team.

I would say by the end of the week most likely.

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

so i'm in TT1 & TT3, does that mean I have to pick one since like top 36 guys get spots?

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, you can only have one spot in a Premier league.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

IMO take out the "commishes get 2 teams in the premier leagues" thing. It's fun being a commish, not work, and I honestly don't think it's necessary or worth it to give extra incentive to a commish for doing this job. We have enough leagues/options that everybody should feel fine about having one spot in the top three leagues - join an OFFL league if you're in the Tradition, or a lower level team or whatever, but don't give out perks for being a commish, that's silly and a little transparent

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I was mainly talking about guys like JR and Sanders. Those guys were in TTII and were willing to step up when we expand. I don't think they should be penalized and stripped from TTII or another league because they were willing to take on additional duties.

Plus, when leagues expand and move to the Premier leagues, the commish of that league would have to give up his existing spot. Also unfair, IMO.

What's transparent about it? I'm not trying to give extra perks to myself or anything...

8. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

So I'm in TTII & TTIII so I have to pick which Premier League I want to be in or do you guys decide which Premier League I'm in?

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you will pick, and then you can pickup a feeder league team as your 2nd dynasty.

I hope everyone understands that this will strengthen us as a whole and get the feeder leagues a nice mixture of old school and new guys to make sure we break in new members the right way. Having 12 new guys in a league is not an ideal experience for a new member to TF to walk into IMO. I want them to see what were about and get their feet wet with some vets too.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It will be up to the member which league to roll with. No one is going to place anyone anywhere. That's lame.

11. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

IMHO just too big of a perk. If it's not o.k. for somebody to be in two premier leagues fine, but leave it that way. It's like having two salaries as a perk instead of health benefits or something... Just not proportionate to the job. Either make the rule or don't is my take.

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Obviously, you guys make the decision so I'm not going to step on any toes here. But personally, think this sucks. I'm obviously a TT1 guy, would never give up that spot. But I was really enjoying playing with guys like Jr, lawdog, khallis, graves, and all the others in TT3. And the odds of us all getting in the same feeder league are nil since you want a mix of new and vets

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That doesn't mean that you can't. We wanted to offer the opportunity for other guys to be in a solid league.

We aren't placing anyone in any feeder league. So if you guys want to get together and do that, that's fine. I do encourage you to stretch your wings a bit, though (meaning not to just horde guys from TTI and TTII into one league). I think we have become sort of click-ish. With the same committed guys sitting in spots in all of the well maintained leagues, we are shutting the doors on members who could bring a lot to the table.

You're not stepping on any toes, Juggs. I asked for everyone's opinions. This isn't a dictatorship. (y)

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I forgot to add this, but it's extremely hard to find good guys to run the leagues. We were lucky that Bogey joined and has done a fantastic job down in TTVI.

In our struggle to find a suitable commish, we could end up asking a great member to have to step down from a Premier league just to run another premier league. Can you think of anyone that would leave TTI to do this? Same goes with the guys in II...

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i doubt it. i think being the original one (TT1) plus the fact that everyone likes each other and we have developed genuine rivalries...don't see anyone leaving in 2010

17. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

If it comes to me having to choose between the TTII and running the TTIII, i am taking the TTII all day..... the Tradition III is cool but im not giving up my spot in the TTII for it..... I dont understand how it is a perk to run a league? especially for Sanders, he is gonna have to filter new guys deal with god knows what when it comes to the new guys...... for myself i am somewhat protected from that as the TTIII has guys who have already been here before....

18. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

Will created teams be allowed (or even usable as dictated by EA), or will this be up to each individual league?

19. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i believe it will be up to the individual dynasties to decide if i am not mistaken..

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

There will be custom team dynasties that are not a part of the current re-structuring plan. Those are new to the arena so we are figuring out the best way to implement those.

As far as customizin a teams uniforms in a current Tradition League? I wouldn't be against it, but uniform would be the only thing allowed to change.. and then it must be approved via vote of the league as realistic and something viable for that university.

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

If I am being considered for any spot in the premier Tradition leagues, that is cool, but please withdraw my name from any consideration. I am not planning on participating in any of the Tradition leagues in NCAA '10. This has nothing to do with the Tradition leagues -- TTIV and VI have been/are GREAT experiences! It just comes down to having to spread myself through different dynasties. I will be in two OFFL dynasties (blog-oriented and CAS), and will remain in a dynasty that I participate in off-site.

If any consideration was coming my way, I appreciate it, but figure that letting you guys know my plan now will allow for a potential spot to open.

Thanks!

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I never said that, I said that being exempt from the "only allowed to be in one of the top three leagues" because you're commishing a league is a perk.

the way it should work is this.... For the Top three leagues, pick the 36 players that you want to allow in. For the three leagues that result, have a vote on who is gonna be the commish, or of course go on who was commish in the past if everybody agrees, but what I'm saying is this.

Being a commish is not difficult enough, or some irreplaceable role, to where a commish in one the top three leagues should automatically qualify to be in another premier league. If you're gonna make this rule, fine, just make the rule. It's not like we have people that are so incredibly "good" at being the commish that they deserve any type of perk. In the Tradition 1 we've had three different guys handle the chore and none of us cared other than the fact that our players didn't get progression in season....

In fact, the rule is also dumb because what about situations like we had this year, where the commish has his profile corrupted or whatever and can't host the file anymore. Is he booted from a top three league? if not, why not?

In any 12 guys there is gonna be a guy who totally doesn't mind the slight additional responsibilities and/or taking an hour to do a schedule once per in-game year, it's just not that big of a deal.

I'll be totally honest, I think the idea of making the Top 3 "tradition" leagues a "premier" league is disrespectful to the other leagues. Yes, the newest and least tenured of the leagues will automatically act as feeder leagues just by the nature of how they are formed and they tend to result that way, we don't need to identify it as such or name it. If we insist on naming these premier leagues, at least make it 4 leagues and include two tradition and two OFFL leagues.

23. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think the word "premier" is throwing you off Helli. I look at this as more of a consolidation of the most committed members. Premier describing the quality of experience in the league over-all. Bringing the people who enjoy the game the most and add to the league experience for everyone.

If there are duplicates of TT1, TT2, & TT3 players and there are guys in IV, V & IV that could be assets in those leagues lets swap the duplicates out. If not then you have guys that will eventually leave those leagues because the quality and depth of the tradition at some point drops off without all coaches being engadged.

I think we should be able to guarantee a certain experience here at Tradition Football. You would find this in the "premier" league.

24. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

OFFL is their own entity, this structure has nothing to do with them.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    QFT.

To be honest, the real basis of this rule is from experience and how hard it is to find people that will volunteer for the task of leading a league as we expand. Note that four of our current six commisioners are from TTII. Ryno and I asked for leaders and they stepped up. As more leagues move up, eventually people that already have a premier spot will be asked to serve as the commish in another premier dynasty. I just don't want to hinder the chemistry and continuity of a league they are already in just for helping out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.