ATTENTION: Please Read and Respond

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

ATTENTION: Please Read and Respond

This is a repost from the bowl thread...please read and respond.

Regarding the off-season though, I simply do not have the time to commish this anymore with selling my house, track in full bore, and football meeting with practice starting in mere weeks. I feel I've neglected and cost the dynasty and that simply is not right for the rest of you.

I talked about this with Murk early in the season and he convinced me to stick the year out, but, the fact of the matter is that I really don't think I even have the time to play in but one league and that will be the 4th Horseman.

There is a few possible paths to take here...

1) Retire it after the NC - too many of you enjoy it too much to do that IMO.

2) Someone DL the dynasty before Hur plays his NC game and the I retire it and someone uploads and invites people back in.

3) I host it until we get to the beginning of next season and from there someone else DL's it and I retire so they can host/invite everyone back in.

I'm sorry gents but at this point life/work/coaching is too much for me to be able to do this, the fact that we're winding down on 10's life-cycle and encroaching on the release of 11' may play a part in it for me as well.

Please discuss. Sorry again all, I really am.

2. Jman

Murk, you're still the puppetmaster of this unit. What say you?

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I will likely stay if everyone (except Jman of course) stays in. If the OD drops below 8 people I don't really see the point, so I would probably drop out.

4. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I will stay if enough people remain.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I can go either way on this. I really like my team and the competition we have in the Big 12 and I'd hate to see that end. The other side is that I'm really busy too and finding time for video games is tough. It was a lot easier when the weather was crappy.

Its kind of like I abstain

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

its seems like I'm not the only one doesnt care either way. not a good sign.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I would like to see it keep going.

This would be a good oppurtunity for a new guy to take up the role of commish heading into 2011. I'm not sure who that person would be..

8. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm going to go ahead and be the bad guy here. I'm dropping. This OD has been fun but I don't see us getting back to full strength for a number of reasons. Not calling anyone out because y'all have had to wait on me on different occasions but it seems every week is delayed. The only team that could draw in a user for the ACC is Miami and they are at the end of their talented starting roster so there isn't much interest because of that and like it has been mentioned the life-cycle is at its end. I have had fun playing against the ones that I have and I hope I end up in a OD with some of you that I'm not in one with. Sorry guys. This is Coach Papa and the Wolfpack signing off.

9. Dru50

Based on Perry leaving and the general ambivalence of the others who've posted (except for Murk), I think I'm out as well.

I just don't see the point in continuing with 7 guys, when 3-4 of those guys seem like they would be fine with folding up shop. It just seems like it's delaying the inevitable.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I don't want to seem ambivalent......I'm just trying to be realistic...with summer here, there's a lot more for me to do during the day than sit and play xbox. Not that I won't be, its just harder now than in December, etc.

I really like this league and enjoyed the competition in the Big 12. Thanks everybody.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

So, a decision?

12. Dru50

I'd say that the lack of responses from anyone outside of Dakota/Huronia in the Big 12 for more than a day would indicate that this OD may have hit it's last legs.

13. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Its been fun, but this will give us an opportunity to put the game down before 11' comes out.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Alright well I'm going to retire then the next time I log in.

15. Jman

Alright then. I'll tell the powers that be that this forum can be removed.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's been real..

See you guys for 2011