Attention Please...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Sep 17, 2011.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, OC/DC are now ok to take. Its apparent that the CC doesnt work all that great with one star teams. So at the end of season 3, you can take an coordinator job if you like. mboda already has one so ask him about it :)

Im retracting my frustration with the CC for now...you can take a coordinator job if and only if you get fired or its the last job available, like Boda got stuck with. For now, thats how we'll proceed.

2. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

So for user games people who become an OC/DC get to play both sides of the ball?

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Yes

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Why do you say it doesn't work that great with 1 star teams? Whether you're a 1 star program or a 5 star program is irrelevant to your coaching prestige. Prestige is what the coaching carousel is based on. We all started as D coaches, so the playing field was level.

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

it will take years for most of us to move somewhere from a 1 star. that's what he meant by it. Most of us have improved our prestige a great deal, but when we try to move there is just not enough jobs available.

Basically, he came around to the argument I've been making since the beginning of the dynasty :)

6. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Your argument not based on realism even though you used realism to shoot down MexiRican35 wanting to change the conferences.

7. Cheez

my argument that was shot down via realism. Notice how I pretty much clammed up when the point of people leaving head coaching positions for coordinator positions was brought up :)

I still think that this is for the better of the league though. CC takes way to long and this will open up jobs and potentially speed things up.

8. dakota7

I don't like changing the rules midstream like that. I understand the frustration in not getting a job yet, but realistically lower tier coaches do not move up to the bigger programs in a year or two. Having the twelve of us in big time schools would be kind of comical at this point. Urban Meyer had just about as meteoric of a rise thru the head coaching ranks as anyone in recent memory and he spent 2 years at Bowling Green, then 2 years at Utah and only after winning a BCS bowl game did he get big time interest, and actually could've named his job at that point.

9. Cheez

Ok - then how would you compare whygodwhy1111 to Urban Meyer. Back to Back BCS berths with Army - and would have won the NC had he not gotten a transfer failed (i know the game cannot compensate for that, but still). Yes, the time is a little yes, but the production is on par with Meyer. So he should have been able to name his job - yet he gets stuck at another dead-end job.

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

It goes back to my point yesterday, if we know going in what jobs are open that would make it easier in doing the CC, and my whole idea about having rounds where we can apply for jobs, and then CPU would be a lot better.

11. Cheez

and more realistic

12. dakota7

I agree there are flaws, this is just the first version. They should add some type of "rumored vacancies" or "hot seat" feature.
    WGW did get the short end here. He has had the most success but hasn't gotten the most prestige. He's been hurt by the inability of Army to win a conference championship. And the two bowl losses have really hurt him, mainly because the game puts too much importance on winning that game. The over-importance of a bowl victory applies to everyone, so in the immortal words of Al Davis "just win baby".

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheez

In all fairness... he did win.

It just didnt count :p

14. dakota7

I know it, you know it, WGW knows it, but the game doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  15. aarondramp

If it was possible for the commish to change it and put boda as a head coach somewhere we could fix it, but you can't. We are just going to have to deal with the growing pains of the game. Overall, I like the CC, but it has plenty of flaws, and WGW has gotten the short end. We'll just have to deal with it and hope for the best. There should be more and more jobs opening up, so we'll get to some new jobs eventually.

16. dakota7

I disagree, boda made a choice to risk it and not sign his extension. Then he passed on a number of head coaching jobs, I know because I passed on most of them right after he did. It is what it is.

17. mboda

mboda Walk On

What i didnt get about the CC is how i got 3rd or 4th crack at the jobs. I had the best overall record out of any coach, user or cpu. Won 2 conference championships, won coach of the year this year, won both my bowl games. Yet other users got offered the jobs before i did. But yeah i did fuck up by not accepting a job, and ill have to pay for it this year with UAB.

18. dakota7

I was sitting there waiting for that first good BCS job to come to you, hoping there would be a second one for me...lol. Did you get offensive coordinator or defensive? It will suck watching those high powered CUSA offenses roll up and down the field if you're the OC.

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Apparently you should only look for jobs while your already under contract.

Also never use an independent team.

at least boda will still have an A+ coach next season. My coach did not improve during season 2, started a B finished a B. I honestly only wanted a Coordinator job so I would only have to play half my games and possibly not do recruiting. I have been playing this dynasty for 2 months and my coach has barely progressed at all. I am right where I started.

20. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

It may be because you left a job already in the dynasty and teams were worried, but I dont want to give EA that much credit.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mboda

mboda Walk On

I think reese left his school after the first year too and he got to go before me

22. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Good point, see why I didnt give them credit.

• Like Like x 1
  23. dakota7

I know the loyalty thing applies to recruiting, but I don't know about the CC.

24. aarondramp

Is there any possibility of finishing the offseason tomorrow night maybe? It would be just a few weeks of recruiting and position changes.

25. sreese

sreese Walk On

im down to knock this out. I have to work but should be home by11 pm cst at the latest.