Attention Required

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Oct 4, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I wanted to highlight something for you guys from the TSO General Rules and Expectations.

"O.8.0 -Running Up the Score: Good sportsmanship is a major part of TSO, so running up the score on user opponents will not be tolerated. This includes both User and CPU games. Please use good judgment when leading by a large margin. There isn't a reason to see multiple 70-80 point scoring games.

O.8.A - There are things you should do when on the positive end of a blow out. Removing your starters, punting, running the ball and chewing the clock should be staples of your gameplan. Starters should not be scoring when up by four scores. Late scoring will also not be tolerated. When up big, there should not be a reason to score in the closing minutes of the game."

This is specifically from the VFL Rules/Guidelines.

"LEAGUE RULINGS

All rulings of the league are final. All issues that arise within the league will be investigated, discussed and resolved by league leadership. League members are not permitted to circumvent or otherwise neglect any ruling of the league, nor the rules and guidelines outlined in this handbook. Failure to comply with the rules and guidelines outlined within this thread will be grounds for removal from the league."

Why am I bringing this up?

NYJ vs IND 2012.jpg

Kyle-702

What was this likely in response to?

Skelton Record.jpg

Crunk_Ness

Do you guys see what happens here? One guy breaks a league record and possibly stretches the limit on what is "sim" and then another user feels he is justified in stretching the bounds even further. This is non-sense and is not allowed in ANY TSO league.

In Crunk_Ness defense, his game was versus a user and it was a close game. However, I would have liked to see both teams mix up their playcalling and not get into a "let's see who can complete the most deep passes" battle. However, Kyle-702 really has no defense. This is clearly a violation of a TSO site rule.

So where do we go from here? We end it now. I understand that both myself and coachgaddy violated TSO site rules and quit games that had already been started. We were BOTH wrong. I also realize that EVERYONE is human and that there are A LOT of rules. I certainly did not realize I was breaking a site rule when I quit against Ninersfan80. There's no excuse and I, more than anyone, should have known that I should have just completed the game and addressed the issue afterwards.

OK, so well make mistakes. Let's ALL learn from these mistakes made by our fellow members AND let's NEVER repeat them. I have linked both the TSO site rules and the VFL league rules in this thread. EVERYONE needs to re-read them if they have any doubts as to what is allowed. Then we need EVERYONE to post in this thread "Agree" stating that you have no more questions. I also need EVERYONE to "Watch Thread" for the VFL Rules and Guidelines so that anytime a rules is updated or amended you will be notified.

For the most part, EVERYONE is doing very well. I'm seeing a lot less complaints and players that have had complaints have greatly improved their play. Let's ALL keeping working together to get better and keep improving the experience of EVERYONE in the league. Agreed?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. majesty95

3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

I have read the above post and sign off on it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jshaver

Jshaver Banned

Read and Agree

5. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Agree

7. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

Agree.

8. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

In my defense I was losing in that game from 5 mins left in the first Quarter by 2 scores or more and he was not going to let me run the ball. My opponent shocked me when he was up by 2 scores (11) and kept throwing the ball with a little over 3 mins to go and I intercepted it and was trying to win the game. I scored first then he scored, I punted, he ran it back, the next play was a pick 6 and then I was behind the whole game. Hard to run so much when the lead is so large. The last play of the game was 97 yds and I had a 72 yd rec and a 62 yd rec. Thats 230 yds on 3 plays. The game seemed like it was super long and thats because my opponent kept throwing even when he had the lead. I was not even aware of how many passing yards I had I just did not want to lose within my division and my opponent kept letting me back in the game by not running the clock and continuously passing. Oh yeah and if you check my Yards after catch in that game I believe it was over 200 yds or pretty close to that as I had almost 200 yds after the catch with Andre Roberts alone which clearly means the throws weren't all deep bombs.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

I just played him last night, and can vouch that it was a pretty balanced game. I'd been worried beforehand after checking his previous game stat, but I saw none of that when I played him. Not that this thread seems to be putting anyone on trial, I just figured I'd give my 2 cents for a good opponent. That 639 yard game appears to have been a situational thing

I also read and agree with the original post

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Rules have been read and totally agree.

11. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

12. Richard hunter

Richard hunter Walk On

So what do we do about the update that's suppose to come on the 16th I think cause it will allow us to do things we couldn't do earlier in the season like change your scheme etc ? majesty95

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Thx for vouching for me bro. I appreciate it much. That 639 yd game was crazy and definitely situational. Thx again.

14. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I think the key to eliminating outrageous stats is to control the tempo of the game. One of the owners has to be dedicated in making sure the tempo of the game is at a pace that stats will be realistic. Everybody that plays me knows i push the tempo of the game but at the same time I control the tempo so stats don't get outrageous. Then again I know at times it gets hard to regain control of the game when its gets fast pace.

• Like Like x 2
  15. jeb4056

jeb4056 Walk On

Read and agree

16. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Read and Agree

17. majesty95

I was not trying to single you out. I hope you understand that. I know the game was close and you were losing for much of it. I have no doubt that IncrediTony holds as much responsibility as you do. I just want you BOTH to know that stats like that are generally frowned upon and that BOTH opponents need to try to control the temp as coachgaddy stated. At this point we're just going to use it as a learning experience. I just wanted to make everyone aware of how others can perceive things and how it can cloud their decision making. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Read and agree

19. majesty95

That's a good question. I'll post something here shortly.

Oh, and glad you decided to stay :)

20. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

It's understood and I see how others may look at a stat like that and question it. Trust me I do not plan on 600 plus yards ever. Controlling the tempo of the game is definately something I am going to implement in my game play and plans.

• Like Like x 2
  21. slicknick202

slicknick202 Walk On

Read and agreed

22. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

23. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

24. Kyle-702

Kyle-702 Walk On

25. thoov08

thoov08 Walk On