**attention** Thanksgiving Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 19, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

**attention** Thanksgiving Week

What is everyone's availability throughout this upcoming week?

Dakota7
    Huronia8
    MurkYa21 - I will be available to advance through out, and will likely still be playing football.
    SPatin
    Schmeezil
    hornfan
    Papa Perry
    KennyLSU
    jmillhimes
    Wader49
    Jman
    Dru50

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10 Column 11
    Thursday 19 Friday 20 Saturday 21 Sunday 22 Monday 23 Tuesday 24 Wednesday 25 Thursday 26 Friday 27 Saturday 28 Sunday 29
    Week 3 Advance to Week 4 Week 4 Week 4 Week 4/Advance Advance to Week 5 Break Break Break Advance to Week 6 Week 6

User vs User games/BYE weeks
    Week 3 - Papa Perry has a BYE, SPatin vs KennyLSU
    Week 4 - Shmeezil has a BYE, Dru50 vs KennyLSU
    Week 5 - dakota7, hornfan & Huronia8 have a BYEs
    Week 6 - Shmeezil vs hornfan, Murk vs KennyLSU, Huronia8 vs wader49

Looks like this schedule would work pretty well. We've got 3 BYE's over the course that most people will be gone, and we've got 3 user vs user games when everyone gets back.

Please post your availability so I can make this run smoothly.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Schedule would/should be perfect for me.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I guess a better question would be is..."Can everyone get their Week 5 game in before 8 pm central on Saturday?"

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That schedule is going to be a bit agressive for me. I'm out of town for a week and will try my best but my availability to play may be limited. Anyway we can advance to week 4 and then not have a hard advance deadline till the sunday after thenksgiving?

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I need specifics, what day you are leaving and what day you get back. Looks like you have a user game week 4 that I would want played prior to you leaving if possible, and then we'd advance to week 5. Then we'd advance to Week 6 Saturday.

6. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

I will be busy all this weekend. Next week I will be unavailable Wednesday through Sunday afternoon.

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm gonna be gone beginning of next week (Leaving late Monday or Tuesday night) until sometime Saturday but I just found out I'll have access to my cousin's Xbox and I'll be able to get my games in and I'll post a short summary and then fill in the details when I get back.

8. Dru50

I leave tomorrow evening (late - around midnight) and will be out of town at relatives until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Unless we are going to advance sometime tonight, it's going to be tough for me to get in a user game friday night with no real flexibility. I can hopefully play some during the week, but it's going to be hit or miss, since I'll be at someone elses house without control over the TV.

Is there a reason we can't just slow down the hard advance deadlines for a week until after the holiday? We're basically ahead of schedule right now anyway, having gotten through nearly 3 weeks in 6 days.

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I leave on Tuesday the 23rd and won't be back until the 29th or 30th. I can get my game in on Tuesday morning if we have advanced already. My little brother is going to housesit so he can get my recruiting done. I trust him for that. If we could hold off on the next advance til Monday night Shmeezil and I could get our game in either late Sunday night or Monday.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm around during the next week, I don't have any special travel plans for the holiday. I don't have a problem slowing down over the course of the next week or so, we all have families we want to spend time with. If we all just get our stuff in as soon as we can, we can just advance when everyone is ready. I'd hate for someone to have a game simmed or miss recruiting because they were eating turkey with Aunt Ruth. Just my opinion.

11. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I think maybe....

Advance Thursday, Nov. 19th (after/if everyone is finished - me and KennyLSU are playing at 10:00 PM CST)... That way, Dru50 could hopefully have pretty much all Friday to get a user game in quick. Then, have the next advance on Tuesday, Nov. 24. But after that, wait until the Sunday, Nov. 29 night - as it seems most of us have some sort of 'holiday' obligation over that period.

If we do that, Dru50 can get his recruiting/user game in tomorrow... then we advance on Tuesday, but he can just finish his next week's stuff on Sunday and same with KennyLSU (if he doesn't get it in on Tuesday after we advance). It seems like this might slow things down ONLY slight but still accommodate everyone. Anyone I'm forgetting about or questions/concerns?

12. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Also, if we do it that way... Its a bit of a "long" delay per advance, but thats ONLY if everyone doesn't get their stuff done sooner. As Dru50 said, he might be able to get more in over the week (he's just not sure)... So, the schedule I posted is more of a "worst case scenario, accounting for everyone" type, but has the potential to come along quicker too.

13. dakota7

I can't finish week 3 until tomorrow morning. I'm at work tonight until 7am

14. wader49

wader49 Walk On

nothing different in my schedule next week here. Im Canadian lol.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We are slowing down there is basically a 5 days between advances during Thanksgiving.

I don't care what we do. I could just shut it down until Saturday, that's fine with me.

Like I said, this is a fast as we can go dynasty, there is a lot of flexibility. 72 hour advance is expected, but if I see you on live every day and you are the last one to get your game in that gets annoying. We will advance as soon as we can, but we will also wait for people if they get caught up with things. I will not wait for people who are on live all the time, and just fail to play/recruit with out a reason.

So, do you guys want to shut it down starting after this next advance..?

16. dakota7

I don't want to "shut it down". But I do think we need to slow it down. If dru can get his game in tomorrow night, awesome. If not, then we just wait until he's done. If its a week, then its a week. I'm assuming wherever you're going dru, you could still get on a computer and post updates? If we see dru on xbl all day saturday, sunday, monday...and his game isn't done........we boot his ass!! lol

17. dakota7

and who agreed to let the canadian in??? did I miss that vote?

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol blame it on canada

19. Dru50

I can't really commit to getting a game in tomorrow night. I work all day, and then the family and I are hitting the road to head from NJ to St Louis at about midnight and driving straight through. I get home from work at 7pm and likely have to catch some z's before midnight. I can try, but planning anything on me and Kenny getting a user game in tomorrow night isn't realistic in my opinion.

Saturday and Sunday are going to be totally out for me until maybe Sunday night late. Monday - Wednesday I'm hoping to be able to play some at my relatives house, but as I said, I'm not sure what the timing would be.

I'm not recommending a complete shutdown, just no hard deadline until after thanksgiving. If everyone (including me) can get stuff in and keep everything moving, cool. If not, we catch back up once the holiday weekend is done.

PS - If you see me online and I'm not getting my stuff in, totally boot my ass.

:D

20. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

In Canada we had our Thanksgiving a month ago, its beyond me why you Americans have Thanksgiving so close to christmas.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Well yeah, I'm going to advance some time tonight or tomorrow (just waiting on dakota to get his game in), and if everyone plays their games over break I'll advance again. That is unlikely it sounds, so we'd basically be shutting down for a week.

22. danielm025

danielm025 "Wreck 'em Tech!"

I will be gone from Wednesday to late Saturday so if we advance tomorrow night, I would be able to get week 5 in before I leave.

23. Dru50

I posted this in the scheduling thread with Kenny as well, but I've unfortunately discovered that while I have access to an Xbox here at my relatives, their internet connection blows. I can access the online dynasties, and play CPU games, but every time I try to play an online game it crashes before I get out of the first half. I've tried 3 times and so far no dice. I really think that the only options for me are to either put me on auto-pilot so Kenny can play the CPU (if the group doesn't want to wait) or I can play when I get back to my house on Saturday night.

Sorry everyone.

24. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

I will leave that decision to the Commish. I don't mind either way. I can wait or play the cpu.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're advancing Saturday night. It says in the weekly thread.