Attention VFL - Commissioner

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Guys,

Hello to everyone. I'm Shaun Mason, one of the owners of TSO. The reason I am here is because I feel this league needs a little bit of direction.

A little background:

Here at TSO we do things differently. Most of you don't quite yet understand that concept, but in time you will. Because it takes a while for new members to gain this understanding, we typically do not let new members be commissioners. This Madden cycle has caught us a little short on help on the PS3 side, so we put feelers out looking for someone capable of leading a league on PS3. We came up with SaintRaw. He had previous league experience, was well spoken, etc. Since he cannot perform the duties of commissioner, we need to find a new one.

TSO doesn't give leagues to commissioners. Leagues are not fiefdoms. Commissioners report to TSO management and in the end, we reserve the right to do what needs to be done. It is my understanding that Crespo6 is the choice of SaintRaw in regards to succession. If people feel that is a good fit, that is fine with me as long as he does a good job. What I am getting at is, we need to determine who is going to run this league for TSO. Frankly, I am not a fan of running things as a democracy, because all it leads to is a two party system where the decisions end up being detrimental to everyone because the commissioner was trying to please the greatest number of people.

That said, you guys are going to vote on a commissioner. He is going to be the SOLE AUTHORITY in the league. He can ask for opinions all he likes, but in the end, the health of the league and the decisions in the league will be his responsibility. He will, like every other TSO commissioner, report to Drifterbub and myself.

Vote wisely.

Since I don't know many of you, we are going to determine the potential candidates with the tried and true nomination method. For those of you who don't know what that is, if someone is going to be in the vote, at least one person has to nominate them. You cannot nominate yourself.

After we determine the candidates, I will put a poll up, the winner will lead the league. This person will remain the commissioner until I say otherwise or they decide to step down.

You may start nominating people in this thread.

Thank you.
    Shaun

Edit:

Nominated Members
    Crespo6
    majesty95

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Alright, I have a nomination for Crespo6.

4. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

Shaun Mason. And his chin beard made of Hershey's syrup.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm not going to be the commissioner. I have my own league and this site to run.:)

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

majesty95

This cat is on TSO all day, everyday, and has the most opinions related to a madden league i have ever seen in my life lol...to keep the number of headaches for a new commish down, why not make him the commish to avoid the torture of another? lol. In all seriousness he should be considered. He is very dedicated to the league.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Is that a nomination for him?

8. RightWingPigeons

RightWingPigeons Walk On

I'm not sure if I still have any say here. I stepped down from the Saints after Madden 13 kept shutting down my internet service and I knew I didn't want to hold up the league from getting a good start since I knew it'd be at least after next week that I'd get it figured out (a decision I'm regretting after seeing how this has all played out). Since I know a new member has declared the Saints, I wouldn't think of trying to get them back, but since the Vikings are still available, I'd like to try and come back as them as long as I can get those problems figured out. Throughout everything though, I've been checking the forum like crazy and trying to stay updated. From what I can see, I trust majesty95 and Cole Copeland the most to run the league. They're always around and picking up all the slack. I know Majesty95 requested the job, and for that reason, if I still have any say at all, I'd nominate him. I know because of my decision to back out for the better of the league that I may have no say at all right now since I'm between teams, but I hope my opinion will at least be taken into consideration by other members.

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Yes sir

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'll take that into consideration. I would prefer only people who are actually in this league to participate.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Thanks.

12. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

13. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

nomination for coachgaddy

14. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Thanks for stepping in Shaun ... appreciate the clarification on what is expected at TSO

• Like Like x 2
  15. slicknick202

slicknick202 Walk On

crespos doing a great job but majesty95 seems to know what he wants and is more active as a user

• Like Like x 1
  16. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I don't think there is a need for a full voting poll. Give the job to majesty95 changes need to happen now in time for CCM rosters drop so we can start on either Sunday or Monday.

17. Kyle-702

Kyle-702 Walk On

We are starting the league over????

18. Crespo6

Crespo6 Walk On

I don't mind if majesty95 is commish as long as the league is running smooth without so much complaints of the league. I don't want a dictator but someone that can just put up a league and let the fellas have fun and enjoy their time. Play their games and keep advancing. Leagues should not be as difficult as this one has been. Lets just move on, have fun and play our games.

• Like Like x 2
  19. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I appreciate the support from everyone. I watched these forums for two years before I actually had the nuts to submit my application and join one of its leagues. It has been one of the best decisions I have made. If I am fortunate enough to be handed the reigns to this league, my #1 goal will be to create an environment which will allow everyone else on here, especially the new guys, to fully enjoy what a great experience a TSO league can be.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's my point. You guys have to live with this decision. If you choose a dictator, or someone who is going to be argumentative that is on you.

Like I said, you guys are going to vote, that way no one can say they didn't have a voice if you pick a tyrant.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    What leagues have you been in here? I don't want you presenting yourself as an established member when you aren't. I'm not trying to be mean when I say this, but 600 posts and 3 months here don't make you an authority on TSO.

Frankly, half of the struggles getting off the ground is you being argumentative.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Did you miss where you can't nominate yourself?

• Like Like x 1
  23. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I don't mind majesty95 being commish. All I ask is that we don't completely start the league over. We have made too many transactions and that would cause too many problems IMO

• Like Like x 1
  24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If I were appointing a commissioner, you would be my choice. You seem to be level headed and smart. The only reason I didn't just appoint you was because I imagine you will end up in a Premier League soon.

• Like Like x 2
  25. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I'm part of the blue chips and was part of the pride before we had a quasi-reboot in the league. I was losing interest in NCAA and decided to part with that league when it rebooted.

FWIW, I think you misunderstand my point of view. I'm not trying to represent that I am some authroity on TSO. What I am trying to say is that I watched this site from a far before joining. I don't know everything there is to know about TSO, but I know it beats the hell out of joining an unorganized league on another site or trying to organize your own. I also know many of the members on here are hardcore and are dedicated to sim gaming, wich was my biggest draw. From my short time here, I cannot begin to tell you how much more fun a league can be when there aren't stat mongers and win-at-all-costs cheese graters populating its member base. That is my impression of TSO and that was the exact reason I decided to join here.

I will be the first to admit that I have been argumentative and have been overbearing at times in stating my points. That is my fault and I cannot blame anyone else for that. However, that passion was derived from what I perceived (and later experienced) as being what TSO is all about. A hardcore sim gaming community free from many of the issues you experience on non-TSO sites. That experience is what I wanted to have with this league. That is the experience I would like the new members (and veterans) to be able to enjoy as well.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.