ATTN: All PMFL Owners - Draft Day needs to pick up the pace...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Nov 6, 2010.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hey Guys,

As you all may have noticed, we are moving as the pace to have this draft done by the year 2014. We all know today is the first day of the draft. I think many of the guys are here are ready to make their picks, but they/we are constantly waiting around. Is it too much to ask that if you aren't going to be readily available to make you pick when the time comes, to please PM a draft board to Eddie or anyone else that you trust so that we can keep this draft moving and finish it before the next Haley's Comet comes to visit?

To be honest, I woke up early this morning in fear that my pick may have already come up and that I was holding up the process. We'll, it wasn't thankfully, we were stuck early in the draft. 7 hours have passed and merely 9 picks have been made. Lets pick up the pace please, this is getting ridiculous.

Thanks all. Carry on....

:cool:

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yep alot of it was my fault i am down with the flu woke up about 2 am with the exorcist flu bug hitting. and didnt wake up will 10 minutes before my pick i made

3. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

The draft usually takes a few days Scikotic. It sucks but that's just how it goes. That's why Doug and Eddie put a ? on the schedule when this would end. It should be simple but it isn't...

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

quote of the day...

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I didn't expect this to get wrapped up today, but I did expect everyone to have their boards submitted or be present to made their selection. It took 7 hours to get 9 picks. Calculate in the time to sleep, and at that pace we would have been done in 2 weeks. The pace was a little ridiculous. Some guys were leaving and others were nowhere to be found. We all knew today was the first day, and the draft boards were released at least a month ago. I don't see any reason why it couldn't have been running with some degree of fluidity.

It's cool though, our other fearless leader has arrived and we're up and running. Don't mind my gripe, I just prefer a certain degree of order....

6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Welcome to the PMFL, while we would all like it to go faster, this isn't unusual. Still beats any other draft process I've ever been a part of.

7. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

and were stalled again.....

8. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Yea, headed to bed I suppose.

9. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

part of the reason i prefer to trade my picks. well a side effect, i dont have a pick untill the 5th round, and b then the draft goes super quick.
    as for the speed of the draft, we did get through the 1st. and sunday people will be around watching football and on their computers, so we should be able to eat up a ton of it tomorrow.

10. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Same people every year anyway so we just have to deal with it.