ATTN: All Read

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

ATTN: All Read

Alright guys, we're nearing the end of this season. Here are our situations

- DJ just informed me he is leaving the OD due to a new job.

- Noles and Dru are also leaving at the end of the season which I already knew.

- We do have a new guy wanting to use Nebraska

This puts us at 10 which is very manageable. But I need to know that everyone is still in for the long haul or if we are pulling a dead cow. I'm fine either way and I know I haven't shown the enthusiasm and dedication for this league but I'm willing to pull this on through if you all are.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I won't lie, I've lost my enthusiasm and really don't see myself here in the long haul. Probably won't return for '11.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm in till the league folds or 2011 comes out, whichever comes first.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm in it until we finish with '10. When '11 comes out I'm trimming to 2 ODs.

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

i'm in it for it for the long haul, same as brave.

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Sounds like we are losing 2 of our most active players, I'm fine with calling it quits till 11 comes out.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

This one looks like it is going the way of Victory Road. Looks like this season may be my last shot at a title, I better not lose.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I know I am the new guy, but I have no problem not playing this year as long as you guys save me a spot for when 11 comes out.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

If we continue, I'm staying.

edit: If masler and dj quit, that leaves me alone in the SEC. I'm not crazy about switching schools/conferences, but that would probably make the most sense.

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

If it helps thing I can take an SEC team. I like the Miami team I inherited but I joined in the middle of this season so I'm not too invested. I'll let Perry make the decision but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm not even sure the Rivalry will be around. The turnover in this league has been very high and I'm not even sure who would run this league when 2011 comes out.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

excuse my lack of vocab, but turnover?

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Lots of people who come in and play a few weeks and drop out.

I am in for the long haul, this is my only OD and I don't want to give it up. I have had issues lately, but those are done with (hopefully) and I should be good to go until '11 comes out.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Just going to put this out there. I would be more than happy to run/host a dynasty similar to this.

Only thing about me though is I'm a huge fan of having everyone in the same conference, I think all the user games make for a really fun time.

and fwiw I would like to host a Big 12 dynasty

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Kasperson, I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself. New OD's have to be approved by drifter or ryno, and I believe they aren't looking to add new ones with the number of OD's that are not running at full capacity already.

Plus, I think you'll need to be here a bit longer before you can be a commish of a TF dynasty. I would recommend you contact drifter to express your interest but I'd be surprised if any new OD's are green lighted before ncaa 2011 drops.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Exactly what I was referring to. The league had 3 different commissioners since the release and countless users coming and going. I think Gwill has the longest tenure, followed by Dakota and me. I know HornFan has been here for a few seasons too but almost everyone else joined last season or this season.

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Masler has been in and out also

18. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Yeah I've been here since the league was formed in the summer. this is/was my first TF dynasty so I want to see go as long as possible; if necessary i'd be willing to host the OD.

19. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I'll be in.

I joined this a couple months ago, and now it is my only TF OD. I like it a lot and enjoy it.

What are the odds of starting over with the first season to garner a bit more interest in welcoming users who may be in for the long haul if they get to start with a program from the ground up?

Regardless, I have grown tired of winning with Michigan, they do not deserve my contribution, LOL.

I would be open to switching teams, to whatever format the Commish decides.

Just my 2 cents

20. hornfaninbama

I really like where this OD is, and I really like the team I have built. But with interest lagging, I don't think a reset would necessarily be a bad thing. I have an idea I really like.

I am a huge Texas fan (obviously) and I remember the days of the SWC. What I have thought would be cool would be to have a dynasty made up of only the old SWC teams. If we can realign conferences we could just throw them into the Big XII. If not it would give a good mix of BCS teams and busters. For those that don't remember...Texas, Texas A&M, SMU, Rice, Houston, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU and most don't know but OU and OSU were members way back in the early 1900's. That's 11 teams, we could add someone who is close enough (LSU, Tulane, Nebraska, Mizzou, Arizona, ASU etc.) It would be interesting to watch the recruiting battles, as most coaches would be going after the same players.
    The problem is that there are some teams that will take years to build (Rice, Baylor) and others that are ready made for a title. There are ways to remedy that, but it would be difficult (let whoever takes that team create that team themselves)

I wouldn't mind seeing us split into 2 conferences either. I don't know which ones play the most bowl games against each other every year, but it seems like the Big 10 and SEC play at least twice. I think it would be good to see every one matched up against a user in bowl games, but that's not realistic. I have sucked lately in user games, but those are way more fun than stomping the CPU 59-14.

All that said I am not advocating a reset, nor am I advocating us staying the same. I am just trying to put some ideas out there. I don't know which way I am leaning. There is one thing I am sure of...we need new sliders. :D

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well Perry just changed the sliders this week so must of us did not notice since we either played user games or had bye weeks.

As for a restart, I love the team I have built at OSU but I'd be willing to do a restart if it kept the league going. It would be fun to try out some conference realignments if we were to start over. Could mess around with some of the proposed mergers talked about in past few months (Pitt/Mizzou/ND/Rutgers to Big 10, and Texas/Texas A&M/Boise State to Pac 10). If we did it this way we'd have 2 strong conferences and it would be possible to meet in Rose Bowl if one or both teams didn't get to National Title. I'd still like to stick with Ohio State if possible, but that isn't a deal breaker. I'll play with pretty much every team.

We would need at least 8 people to make this dynasty stick, but it seems there is at least some interest in keeping it going.

22. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Conference Realignment could be cool, such as Brav proposes. I will play with whomever, just not Michigan. (y)

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm aware, I was just saying that if this one folds I would be willing to be the commish of one.

Was just putting it out there, bud.

24. hornfaninbama

I didn't know papa changed the sliders. They seemed the same to me and I had a CPU game. They got up 21-0 early then I outscored them 59-14.

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The sliders were changed during week 13, meaning they didn't take effect till week 14. I'm not sure which set he ended up going with but I think it is either Victory Road or Coast to Coast. I'm not saying they are significantly different but they should be similar to most other T leagues. Before we were using some sets created over at Operation Sports but they all had issues.