ATTN all those who have a week 2 save

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by shadowofanubis66, Oct 29, 2009.

1. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

ATTN all those who have a week 2 save

I'm going to be the "acting" commissioner which will be basically me advancing and hoping that the bug doesn't carry over which has haunted our advances. The problem is of course that i need someone with a week 2 file... preferably near the advance but anytime will do i guess.

I hope that this will help end the issue we've been having.

2. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

let me know.. so i can do my recruiting..

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I saved the file just before advancing but for some reason when I try re-setting the OD the advanced file is the 1 that comes up. Hopefully someone has a week 2 save file or we are in trouble..

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

For whoever will be commish. Shadow or whoever, I have sent invites to the dynasty file to all accept Dean and My boy Jfunk because you were not on my freinds list yet.
    You can only have whole week dynasty files so this is start of week 2 even though i saved after all the games were played accept one..
    All games will need to be replayed for week 2. It will be like that for all who try. You can not have a partial week from other players when loading a new dynasty. The game only recognizes the current users action until you advance.

Sliders-
    A thread was started on this and nobody really got involved.
    There are a few rules or norms that guys who posted sliders have-

Test sliders with default or cpu built teams- User teams are always so much better than cpu teams even if the cpu team is ranked #15. There is a reason user teams are all the top ten teams in the dynasty. Noknees Notre Dame team is the Best team ratings wise in this dynasty/ game. Better than 09 Fla or every other team ratings wise. You want default also because you know how those teams performed and you can better judge if you are getting sim results.
    You also want all users to get the same test sample. If have all users test 09 USC vs Ohio st, They all get the same conditions and get a feel for the sliders the same way. Having noknee use his 2011 ND and T2 using 2011 vandy will not get the same feel for the sliders.

Slider testers like to have even / rivalry games and mismatch games from the default rosters. This is the best way to test sliders.

You also have to decide if you will have CPU sliders or user sliders.

If i have user pass rush at 70 and user pass cov at 40 and you have user pass block at 50 cpu pass block at 0 thats great against cpu settings but when i play another user you are going agaist user vs user sliders. If i lower user tackle or rb ability when i play another user we will go up against those lowered abilities.
    To try to test these you have to put cpu settings at the same level as user settings. You still have to realize a user will make better decisions and can make user plays on top of the settings.

To get what im saying. If you lower user settings to let cpu not get blown out, like lower user tackle or user coverage or whatever. when you play another user you will have those lower abilities against your user settings. If you play alot of user games you need to have the sliders more balanced and allow good user games and blow out the cpu more or have good cpu settings and understand the handicaps when you play a user, like bad tackling and coverage and overpowered pass rush.

Again my point is to test sliders, you need to use default roster matchups. Control even teams, a strong team vs a weak team, and a weak team vs a strong team. The settings that get the realistic sim results can be determined from those tests.

The cpu break tackle was out of control. even thogh i won 42-16. the cpu broke 17 tackles and on guy broke 6 with a break tackle rating of 68. i raised the tackle rating 5, but everything else should be the same as it was wk 2, so lets see how that works.

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

When i get home today around 3pm est i'll try and start implementing this. I'll accept the invite, save as offline dynasty, then make an online dynasty based on that file and invite everyone. That is the correct way i believe.

6. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

If i understand this correctly you should have just sent the invite to me so then i could start the dynasty as the commish at week 2 instead of now people joining for no reason and then having to quit to join my dynasty file which is basically the same one.

I'm working on it now and will be sending invites to the actual one in a few moments.

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

hey guys im leaving for all of saturday and sunday until like 10pm my time. hopefully we can have something worked out this evening so that i can accept and get whatever things done i will need to have done. feel free to text me with developments if it will streamline the process cuz while at work im not able to get on cpu much right now.

8. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I'm making the league rules now and will be sending out invites momentarily, ill text and let you know trude