ATTN: Cap guys/FA guys

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

ATTN: Cap guys/FA guys

I don't know if it's stated in the rules, but a team cannot bid a modifier that is higher than what the starter can call for.

I was looking through and cleaning off numbers from cap books (stray $0 values and FALSE statements only), and I noticed that the Browns have safeties with 3 modifiers.

I went back and found the bids, and the bidder bid them at a 3 modifier. However, the highest a FS should be bid is a 2 modifier.

This was not caught by the FA awarder nor the cap guys.

It's not a big deal, but FA posters, make sure that modifiers do not exceed the levels we have set. If they do, it's an invalid bid.

Cap guys, if you catch these things, let the team know that they are stuck with it for now, but can correct it by cutting the player.

So far it's just one instance, but I did notice it. If I find anything else I'll let you know. :)

2. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Thanks Win. Sorry I havent been here since Thursday, the wedding was this weekend Im all hitched up. I will make sure and keep an eye out for this.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Your assistant went Hulk on this and was crazy this weekend. He has your back too. :)