ATTN: Roster Maintenance "How-To"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by klaximilian, Apr 5, 2011.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

As you may notice, there is a thread for each team in TBL under "Team Management/Roster Maintenance." This thread is designed to track your ballclubs roster moves (Trades, call-ups, Free Agent Acquisitions, releases, injuries).

Additionally it will track your pitching rotation to ensure that we all stay on track with our 5-man rotations.

Here is what each owner will be asked to do:

1. Declare your entire 25-man MLB Roster (All on your first post in the thread. It will be post #2 after my initial post to start the thread)

2. In the Post after your 25-man MLB Roster(post #3), I want you to declare your 5 man rotation.

Follow this template:

After each game they start, I want you enter the game # that they pitched, against who, and what the score of the game was. (The game # is what game it was on your schedule, not in what order you played it.). This will help keep you on track for who is supposed to pitch each game so you don't skip anyone in your rotation. This is what it should look like:

3. Track all roster moves. If you need to call up a player from the minors, we need to see it in this thread. Note all your roster moves in their own posts. When you declare a roster move, make changes to the 25-man roster in the 1st post to reflect it's accuracy. You're initial post of the 25-man roster should change as your roster changes. It needs to reflect all player acquisitions, call-ups, and injuries.

It should look something like this

*A roster maintenance thread should take no more than 5-10 minutes to create and a few moments to maintain at each roster move or game you play when you note what pitcher started your most recently played game.

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

3. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Good stuff, easy to follow and good to have

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Gotcha...will do.

5. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Oh so to clarify...we won't be able to do this until the league stops "forming"?

EDIT: Because it won't let me access my roster.

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I saved the latest online roster and was checking it out for my Rangers. It appears it may not have the latest changes on some teams.

Example for Rangers:

On January 21, Napoli was traded to the Toronto Blue Jays along with outfielder Juan Rivera in exchange for outfielder Vernon Wells.[3] Four days later, he was traded by the Blue Jays to the Texas Rangers in exchange for pitcher Frank Francisco.[4]

The latest rosters don't have Napoli on my team and still have Francisco

How do i fix this??? Maybe just do a trade with the Jays to get the correct players on each team??

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

the roster does not load by itself if you saved a new file. Im guessing you were looking at the old file.

EDIT: Confirmed. The new roster is accurate.

8. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

OK cool...must have loaded an old one I guess

9. Merenguito

Merenguito Walk On

I remember last year if you used a SP in a game he would not be at full strength for 5 games. If this year it still does this, there might be no need to keep track of who pitched because in essence the game already does.

10. Pacalon

Pacalon Walk On

Can we make it so we can edit older posts, so we can just keep updating the pitchers post with updated scores / stuff?

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

@JCspartan2

Take a look at how to maintain your roster and try and get one done when you get a moment.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Alright, I'll do it after work this evening. Thanks.