ATTN THESE OWNERS-

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jul 17, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ATTN THESE OWNERS-

These owners are on the verge of being discussed about being dropped from the OMFL for lack of activity in our OMFL Cup system.

You need to NOT post here and contact dunlap or myself or jeremy about why these games are not in.

IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET YOUR GAME IN AND IT JUST HASN'T HAPPENED THEN FINE.

You have been warned.

Here is the list:
    Mustang - 2 of 5 games in
    Bruce - 1 of 5 games in
    Gaddy - 2 of 5 games in
    Savaunte - 1 of 5 games in
    Chrisdstand - 2 of 5 games in
    Frisk - 3 of 5 games in
    Sammy - 0 of 5 games in
    Tank - 1 of 5 games in (family emergency pass)
    GABeast - 1 of 3 games in
    Web - 1 of 3 games in

Again, myself, dunlap (he's running this), or jeremy need to hear from these owners ASAP.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Frisk has reported in, waiting to hear from others. Please let us know where you stand.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

PM's sent to my group. awaiting responses.

4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

We definitely need to rethink how we approach this? You have a mandy tournament during a high season right now.(NCAA 11, Summer and Madden 11 release).

5. Jethro

Jethro Walk On

I agree. I thought this tournament was to bridge the gap between the end of our season and release of the new game. Most of the groups will be done playing within a couple of days and we will have almost a month until we begin our season on 2k11.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

If you have time to play your playoff games, you have time to do this.

Our plan was to bridge the gap until the release of Madden 11 Tnot necessarily the start of the next season). Madden 11 drops August 9th or 10th....this tournament should end literally right before that.

7. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

This pisses me the fuck off

I posted my schedule on July 6th, and got no responses from anyone.

Chridstan and I played, only because my scheduled opponent flaked out on me for that week...but o-well. Ive tried to use AIM to contact some of my opponents but I NEVER see any of them online..the only one I see is Frisk...but I have yet to catch him either.

I dont know about your all work/ family schedules but mine sucks!! I leave my house at 5 am and dont walk back through the door until 8 pm that nite. I dont get to sit in an office all fucking day either...I work thousands of feet underground....I have no access to a PC and the internet while im at work...I cant check in avery 5 minutes like alot of you can. I posted my availability 2 weeks ago, but NO-ONE in my group took the time to even try to schedule with me....so why the fuck should I go out of my way if no one else even puts forth the minimum effort......ill be on AIM for anyone who wants to talk to me.....

8. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

i understand your mad and fustrated, but it says if you have been trying you will be fine, and just hit up dunlap, or nate or jeremy so they know whats up, everybody is here for a great time, somtimes stuff happens, the guys in charge have made this a great experience, they have alot on there plate too, and cant do everything, so we need to help maintain it, most times these cases can be resolved in private with the commish or a board member

9. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Yea this is tough man. Nobody should be getting booted here for this. Bridging the gap is one thing but to force the idea upon everyone is rough. If you can get your (playoff) games in then we can get this in? Not everyone is in the playoffs and playoffs are like once every 4 days. I have completed my games but still, not fair to everyone.

I dont think it being mandatory was a vote. Maybe it was idn.

10. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I can officially say that the playoffs are my priority right now. I cannot focus on any other games. Finish the season, those who play in the NCAA play in the NCAA and those who don't can finish the cup or rest up for madden 11. Take the time off to spend time with the family cause you know come August you will be fully dedicated to football again and plus you will be recharged. I know for me I need the break and I will be taking that break so that I can play madden 11 (rather than get dirty looks) that way I bring back the full content (Articles,Playoffs post and other things) that I done when I first joined. My Goal is to Reconnect and Recharge.

11. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I fully agree with the Mustang and Gaddy. I think it was a bit much to force people to play this OMFL CUP thing. It's a great idea but you have to let people get a break. Obviously you don't want the whole league to take off. I understand what the board was trying to do, but forcing people to play a tournament isn't the way to go. The whole idea behind this league is to have fun and I think you start to lose that when you have people being forced to play outside the season. Again the OMFL Cup is a great idea, but I just think it should of been optional.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

What is the difference if we are making this mandatory or making a 4 day advance mandatory.

So you are saying that no owners should be forced to play any games in a set timeframe? OK...we've got a lot of rules to change then...but somebody draft it up and we will certainly take a look at it.

Remember Jeremy, Nate, and I posted numerous times to not come whining to us the last couple days. . .yet here we are. Everybody had 17 days to get their games in. 17 days! That's hardly too much to ask. If you needed a break then that's understandable and yoiu should have posted in the time off thread. But whining about it last minute is kind of weak. Just my two cents....ok more like two dollars but anyways my opinions.

Let's not get in to who is busy with what....we all have lives outside the OMFL...let's not start comparing ;)

13. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Not sure if I quite understand your point here. The season is over so how can making a 4 day advance mandatory be compared to making the OMFL Cup Mandatory. Im not sayin the owners shouldn't be forced to play any game in a set time frame. But when it's a tournament basically created to give people who still want to play until Madden 11 comes out, I just feel it's a bit to much to force people to play and then threaten them to get their games in. With that said the people who haven't gotten any or just 1 game in so far, should of voiced their opinions from the start instead of now complaining about it.

14. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

How hard is it to play a game. we all understand we're all in different time zones and everything has to be scheduled to the T. Posting in the Game Time or using all the tools given u to communicate to yr opponent can't be that hard. Some Pools have had more teams then others and Yes NCAA is out, but we're still in p/o and the cup. and as far as I know no one has started their dynasty's yet.

The idea for the Cup was Classic and should be given the same consideration as the reg season and p/o's. We're all grown ass men and should act like it.

in closing let's finish this Cup strong and enjoy it, cause we enjoy the game and the league.

Thanks for yr Time.

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Tank and sammy are my last two

16. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I think comparing the cup to the season is not fair.

The season is organized by the game. The games in a season are more meaningful. The season is a 5 day advance. These groups were not assigned by the game. Any result or any descrepancy can be flawed or altered by hear say without any real arguement.

I dont think the owners that didnt do it should be booted is all im saying. Thats a little harsh. We will all be here for madden 11. I know we want to force a year long issue but one month or less of no gameplay will not destory this league.