Attribute correlation to position?

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by thatguy188, Dec 29, 2010.

1. thatguy188

thatguy188 You know ... THAT guy.

I am curious as to what attributes correlate to position? For instance its pretty obvious a recruiting prospect with Throw Power B+ and Throw Accuracy B should be a QB ... but what about Athletes?

I have the following prospect on my board:
    Speed: B+
    Acceleration: B+
    Agility: B-
    Awarness: D-
    Strength: D+
    Stamina: C+
    Injury: B
    Play Reco: D+
    Break Tackle: D-
    TP: D-
    Hit: B
    Catch: C
    CiT: D
    Route Running: D+
    Pass Bl: D-
    Run Bl: D-
    Zone Cov: D+
    Man Cov: B
    Block Shedding: C+
    Tackle: B-

Now how would that translate into position? I am thinking CB maybe? Is there a list somewhere to relate to that? Now what about a Fullback? What attributes would be important?

Could anybody give me some insight of how this works?

Thanks.

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Looks like a safety/corner. Its a toss up really. Man coverage says corner but hit and tackle say safety. Basically he can go wherever you need. I haven't come across many athlete fbs. You'd want them to have some kind of run block rating.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

depending on his height and weight he may be a OLB. but my first thought would be a SS but the guy has some horrible zone skills so IDK.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah that is either a LB or S. The zone coverage is complete shit for a safety so I'd hope he is big enough to be a LB. I have seen and recruited athlete FB. They usually have above C in a few running categories and above C in run/pass block. They also generally come in between 200-230 LBs.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Looks like a decent linebacker, what is his weight?

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    He is a tweener.

Not strong enough and can't get off blocks well enough to play OLB.
    Not good enough in coverage to be a CB or S.

Maybe with a couple years he could play safety.

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

He'd be an okay corner.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Giving away a recruiting secret/tip: After you sign the recruit look at the DW article that lists the games of the week and recruit movement (the week after you sign the athlete) and it will list him at his 'best' position... not sure if anyone is aware of this.

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This is true.

I wish EA would implement a growth factor for these guys and this guy is a prime example. He's likely too small to be a LB, but in a couple years he could probably put on 20 or so lbs and grow into a LBs body. Instead, you gotta play him at safety or corner.

I think he most closely matches the attributes of a safety from the game. Typically all LBs have "C" coverage skills and higher play recognition skills, this guy doesn't match either of those. CBs usually have C-D tackle ratings so this guy likely isn't a corner either. That leaves safety, and those guys are usually all over the board with ratings. Depending on your system though, this guy could be a really good defender. If you like to play a lot of man he's a good CB. If you don't, he's probably a strong safety. I typically like my FS to be better in zone coverage than man since that's what they'll play a lot of.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I like how everyone is saying LB when you have no clue how much he weighs... lol. Cheesers. The guy could be 6'1'' 195 lbs...

Shaun and Gators gave some good advice. I don't know your team's situation, but if I had that player and he didn't weigh a ton, I would likely stick him at CB and let him redshirt to develop some more coverage skills. If that didn't work out, I would slide him over to SS in a cover 1 scheme.

11. GoGators

Just thought of this to add.

If I had a guy like this, I'd move him most likely to SS. However, I would formation sub him in as my nickel/dime back. This guy will be an absolute stud for that position. With his speed, agility, and man coverage skills, he could stick a slot WR but he'd also be great at helping against the run with his tackle rating.

With all the 3/4 wide sets you see in college football now, this guy could be a great addition to your defense.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    When the classes EA generates don't include 195 lb linebackers I will worry about that.:)

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

To further this point, when 195 lb linebacker recruits aren't stronger than 90% of the 300 lb offensive line recruits....................

14. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

SS all the way... thats where i would put him in mine... depends on what defense you run... im 4-2-5 so that guy is huge for me

"E"

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think you need to do another one of your statistical studies. There are probably less than 10 of those a class and none of them are any good. NCAA 10 was notorious for 165 lb LBs and 255 lb safeties.

16. thatguy188

Thanks for the great input, keep em coming!

As an update, the guy is 6'0" 188 lbs

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I would put him at corner because he wouldn't fit my my typical safety requirements yet due to the fact that he sucks in zone. Just my opinion but I'd rather 'risk' that kid f'n up his zone in short yardage (don't call too many zones where the CB drops back 15 yards personally) than 20 yards over the top.

By the way, making that kid a fullback would probably run some folks up the wall because of this B+ speed and B+ acceleration. He boasts better speed than some tailbacks that appear;)

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yea, the frequency seems high to me because I notice the stupid bastards. I never fails when a good linebacker is interested in me they are 205.

19. thatguy188

Yeah I am thinking CB for him to be honest ... never considered FB lol.

But what attributes ARE important for a FB is what im curious about .... and every other position for that matter. Anybody know of like a list/chart with such information?

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I would say CB all the way.

For FB strength, Run/Pass Block, with Runblock being more important IMO. Speed not so much. You could get by with 70 speed (C's) if you're just wanting to use him as a lead blocker.

The rest just really depends on your play style/offense. If you're a playaction guy you want a higher catch rating if you plan on hitting ur FB. FleXbox One guys you want a little higher speed and some better carry ratings as he will be a different type of FB than you're typical I form Fullback. It all just depends really, this is why I love recruiting this year, its the first year I've actually payed attention to attributes as opposed to stars. I just signed a 3* QB who was TERRIBLE because I didn't look at his attributes. On the other hand tho I just signed a 1* FB in my Army OD who has B- Spd/Acc so he may be a threat to catch some passes and stuff out of the backfield after he develops in a few years.

21. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Play Recognition is One of the common differences between safeties and corners on incoming freshman. Corners have more of it. As to what it does I am unsure, but the game seems to think it is important for CBs to have.

I would guess that with a D+ in play Reconginition he will probably score higher as a safety.

22. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

its needed higher in CB's since they have less time to react... at least thats my humble take on it...

"E"

23. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have been having nothing but SS interested in my SimNation team the past two years. I can sign 4 ss without really trying, OLB are another story. So I have been looking for the 230 lb safties and moving them to OLB and redshirting them to develop.

24. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Hey, lets play a game: What does the dynasty Wire project him to be??

[​IMG]

25. GoGators

Safety