Auburn 2010 Game Recaps

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dj391, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn 2010 Game Recaps

[​IMG]

This will be the HQ for all Auburn game Recaps and Post game comments... Some vulgar others not so much lol.... READER BEWARE!!!

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Aurburn traveled to East Lansing in search of a good start and they got just that. Behind the legs of freshman RB Michael Dyer who rushed for 184 yards and 3 Tds in his freshman debut leading the Tigers to a rout against the Spartans 38-10.

Coach Dj after the game: "well obviously we have things we have going for us, but what i didnt like is the fact that our pass game had a total of 2 completions all game 1 for a big TD. I mean yes we are a run based team, thats what makes us go you know but when our run game gets stuffed how will the pass game respond? That is my only concern and we will work on this in practice heavy this week. Now its on to Miss. St. our Sec opener."

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

In what was a defensive struggle all game Auburn comes out victorious against SEC foe Miss. St. Final score was 20-7 but it was alot closer than that. Dyer never got off the ground it seemed the Bulldogs were waiting on him making Newton win the game for the Tigers, he finished the game with 22 carries and 64 yards (Dyer). Newton went 8-19 for 160 yards 0 tds and no picks. The defense was stingy as usual holding the tigers to just 126 yards of offense all game.

Coach DJ on the game: " I mean as i said last week teams are going to start stacking up against the run and make us prove that our pass game can beat them. This week we were just lucky our defense showed up and our receivers caught balls out there, BIG BALLS, one was on a 4th down i think it was early 1st half. So all and all im proud of our team for pulling this one out but theres always work to be done..."

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

South Carolina- 14
    Auburn- 35

Auburn finally got a home game and they definately didnt dissappoint the fans in this one as they blew out the Gamecocks who were previously undefeated. Dyer again had a big day rushing for 129 of the 206 yards on the ground for the Tigers and scored twice. Again the pass game was puzzling coach DJ all day as Newton went 5-19 for 92 yards and 1 td no picks.

Coach DJ after the game: "This is getting repetative to me every week our pass game is pretty much a non factor all day and we never really get a chance to set up the run as much as id like to. Thankfully we have such a Stud at TB Dyer has come through really big for us early this year. I dont know we'll have to go back review the tape and draw my conclusion from there on what we will do for our future endevours in our passing game."

5. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 20
    Kentucky- 10

Auburn suffered what was first thought to be a big loss but turned out to not really matter much as Freshman RB Dyer went down with bruised ribs. But Newton got on track for the tigers finally having a "Big" pass game going 8-19 for 160 yards but no tds. He made the passes that mattered late though and thats just what the Tigers needed him to do. Dyer before he went out ran the ball 22 times for 64 yards and 1 TD. The Tigers host Arkansas next week in their 5th conference game of the year.

6. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 20
    Arkansas-17

Arkansas gave the Tigers all they could handle this week coming close to upsetting them in their own stadium. But clutch kicker Bynum came through with a 42 yard FG with just 4 seconds left to seal the win for Auburn. Dyer again had a 100 yard game touting the ball 23 times for 112 yards and a touchdown. Cameron Newton went 10-18 for 185 yards no tds. The defense was unable to stop the pass most of the game and allowed some big runs throughout the game.

Coach DJ after the game: " The pass game is coming along alittle more nicely every week, the run games always there with Dyer leading us, the defense need to sure up on the pass a bit but other than that id say we put out yet another solid all around effort. Nxt week we have a real test when Lsu comes to town so im going to focus on that from this point forward. The undefeated talk wont distract me 6-0 big whoop!!!! we could lose our last games and end up 6-7 or something worse."

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Get your recruiting thread up and up to date

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn-21
    Lsu- 27

The tigers go down in conference play as the pass game struggled once again givnig up 2 picks but at the same time going for 2 scores, 1 late in the game... Auburn had 2 minutes to come back from being down 13 they scored with 57 seconds left but the onside kick some how avoided them......(explain this one to me lol)......

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/27682771

Coach DJ after the game: "Well its kind of f*ckin hard to come away with a win when every single RB is averaging 5 yards a carry or damn near close to it. Like how does that happen how does that make sense? Doesnt really to me blame my defense? Sure lets say that. That onside kick keeps replaying in my head over and over, We got the bounce, we even got the lsu player to hit it towards our guys, we got a guy to get his hands on it and he blows it, reminds me of Hank Baskett........Yeah our run game was doing really well i think Dyer went for 87 yards on 13 carries or something, but to get a run game established you have to be close and we were playing catch up way to much in this game....But ohwell cant dwell on this loss for long we have Ole Miss nxt week..."

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn-21
    Ole Miss-3

The Tigers trounced the Rebels, practically owning the field all game long. Dyer had another big day close to 100 yards once again. The pass game was also on today as Newton went for 217 yards 1 TD and 1 pick. The defense held the Rebels in check all day only allowing only 56 pass yards all day.

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Auburn- 28
    Georgia- 49

It was a tale of 2 halfs for the Tigers who started out fast but ended slow. They jumped out to a 14 point lead early but the Bulldogs fought their way back into it tying it up early in the 2nd quarter. The Tigers would answer back but so to would the Bulldogs to head into half 21-21. The second half was all Georgia as they scored 14 in the 3rd and the Tigers were blanked (sn: Tigers were driving down the field effectively on a drive early in the 3rd looking to go up 28-21, then they try a Play action boot Screen and thanks to a NCAA glitch the Qb just runs straight back no control over him at all i try to pass it and its picked off....). Auburn had a chance to pull even in the 4th but the drive stalled and the Fg was missed.