Auburn Goes Big-time!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Jan 10, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Count. Those. Stars.

[​IMG]

Control of the SEC is 'bout to change hands!

[​IMG]

(P.S. Go Buckeyes!)

2. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Congratulations Ego! Seems like there's going to be a big power shift in the SEC. Georgia is still going to be a powerhouse, though.

3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

If you havent been able to do it with the players you have had over the past few years, then it may not get a whole lot better. You have had the teams to compete and win the SEC. It may be a coaching issue. ;) Well at least you can play the pass now :mad:....should help your chances.

Also...you should be supporting your SEC brethren in the Title Game. Dont be drinking hateraide.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Sorry to say.....University of Georgia has overtaken the SEC

5. egofailure

Through all the smack-talk and ball bustin', I always root for the SEC. The stronger and more presitious the conference, the better for Auburn. And while I've had teams talented enough to compete in the SEC (knockin' off teams like the Bulldogs, for instance), I haven't had a Championship caliber squad, in my opinion. For instance, my second-best CB this season was an 80 overall rated red-shirt senior. My right offensive tackle was a true freshman. That just won't get it done.

I'm not sayin' that it's impossible to win it all with teams like this ... but it certainly isn't easy. In our conference, there's no way in Hell you're lucking into anything. (Although last season would present a decent argument.) Simply put, more talent = better team = greater chance to win it all. If you've had trouble beating Auburn in the past (I'm not talking to you, Funk.), it's only going to get harder.

6. egofailure

We'll see what happens once JCA gets his players in Florida. He's given Run some battles despite having some unimpressive players in key spots. Losing that first class was hugely detrimental. I, for one, don't look forward to facing the Gators in the near future.

7. runthepound

UGA is a B+ across the board this season. My best team at UGA was the 1st one 3 years ago.

8. Iron Mickey

Fuck Alabama, Fuck Florida, Fuck Georgia, and FUCK Auburn!!!!

I HATE YOU

9. egofailure

Those ratings don't mean much all by themselves. You can be an "A" rated team with 5 top-notch WR and a strong RB, but have a weak offensive line and an inept QB; and have 4 elite linebacks with only one servicable cornerback. It's all about having the talent where you need it. I'll take a B+ team built well over an A team that has only an abundance of talent at a few positions. Player ratings are similar. Give me the rookie QB with 95 ACC and TP and 84 OVR rating over the 95 ranked QB with 99 awareness and 85 ACC and TP.

But building my team is my responsibility. I haven't had two above average corners on my team at one time since I've been here. Ultimately that's on me (even though the bug hasn't helped), but a recruiting jump (with 6 stars) should only help. I'm excited about it.

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

The SEC is always loaded with talent

11. runthepound

If I was you, I would be signing at least 4 coerners per season to offset the bug....just saying.

12. egofailure

I red-shirted the two top-5 CB I recruited last year, so I'll have a young, but talented trio next year. This season, I also nabbed a couple of under-the-radar 3-star cornerbacks who should be above average after a red-shirt season, so things are lookin' good.

I always make a push for CB, but who doesn't? There's always crazy competition. Once I lost both my DT and MLB to the bug, I could only spend so much attention on the secondary. (Which is why I nabbed the 3-stars this year.) I've made some changes in my recruiting methods, so hopefully that helps, also.

A few 5-stars per season certainly won't hurt. ; )

13. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Congrats on your new status ego, i look forward to joining the three 6-star SEC teams and I'm excited to add another class of guys that fit my playing style so I can see if I can knock off the new king of the sec. Should be a lot of fun in the sec the next few years.

14. Iron Mickey

Big 10 is gonna win it all anyways hoebags

15. jca312

jca312 Walk On

That's still not the Big XII!

16. Dean

Dean Walk On

tOSU should be adding a 6th star. Once that happens Ill be recruiting in the SEC's backyard. Get use to it boys, top recruits will be heading north

17. jca312

jca312 Walk On

The more the merrier :thumbsup: Should be fun

18. egofailure

Agreed. I'm rooting for you to jump into the Top 5, JC'. Having 4 6-star teams in the SEC would be sick.

19. egofailure

Question: Is it true that player progression is affected by prestige rating?

20. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

it wont matter how your players progress if you can't do a better coaching job against JFunk

21. egofailure

Funk's had some pretty dang good squads, and he's outcoached just about every member in this league at one point or another. But I'm hoping to put together a team so strong, that I can win it all despite my coaching deficiencies. I guess I just got lucky against Virginia Tech. ; )

22. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Thanks Ego and congrats. I have been in a bit of a slump lately but I think we all go through those, well except maybe the great RTP. But I will get back where I need to be and I look forward to the SEC just getting stronger.

23. egofailure

I think that when you get into a rut against a particular player, it starts to become more of a mental thing. You press a bit, over-think, and inevitably get off your game. I know you're the type to just shut the f-ck up and let your play do the talking, but I don't see Run's streak lasting too much longer. I expect Bama to come back strong next season.

24. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

no you just kicked my ASS!!!!!!

25. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

congrats Ego, I may be taking a step down to 4 stars. Not sure. I will probably finish the season unranked. Weird because statistically this was my best team I have ever had, but probably my weakest secondary and I think that was what did it in for me.