Auburn stunned in Iron Bowl

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Oct 20, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Auburn stunned in Iron Bowl

The Iron Bowl this year felt a lot different than the previous ones. Alabama after having an undefeated season spoiled in year one and a heart breaking loss in year two as they looked to close out the SEC West. They had the chance to spoil things for Tiger fans. Auburn had already booked their tickets to the SEC Championship after LSU’s last minute drive to beat Alabama clinched it for them. Same teams but the roles were reversed.

Coach jfosh was going to put the pressure on the Tigers after last year when QB Kodi Burns had his way with the Tide. The game started with the teams trading punts. Bama would get on the board 1st when QB Star Jackson found time off a play action to hit TE Brad Smelly for a 38 yard TD. Auburn seemed to be answering the bell gobbling up chunks of yards on its next drive but it stalled and had to settle for a Durst FG.

On Alabama’s first drive of the second quarter in Tiger territory Auburn RE Justin Sykes put a big hit on QB Jackson and jarred the ball loose Alabama’s tackle came up with ball and promptly coughed it back up to the Tigers. Shades of games past were upon us. Auburn worked the ball into Alabama territory before a 4th and 6 scramble by QB Tyrik Rollison was stuffed. The Tide drove 65 yards to pull ahead 14-3 behind a steady diet of WR Julio Jones and HB Mark Ingram.

Late in the second quarter the ‘Tide’ turned literally. 2 years of no breaks and missed opportunities seemed to all come in a row. It started with a Rollison pass to WR Harry Adams that was jarred loose and picked off by Freshman Jared King his 3rd of the season. Bama would punch in 3 plays later after a 38 yard pass to WR Marquis Maze took it to the Auburn 1. 21-3 Bama at the half.

Auburn ball to start the half, 1st play from scrimmage Rollison threw it right to MLB Donta Hightower. 3 plays 35 yards later Bama 28-3.

After 1 first down on the next Tiger possession Rollison tried his best Burns impersonation and scrambled to his left being drug down and threw an ill-advised pass that ended up in CB BJ Scott’s hands. Sensing blood Jackson went deep to Jones for 47 yards on the next play as he tip toed the sidelines to make the user catch. Ingram pounded it in on the next play. Bama 35-3.

Alabama kicks off Auburn is stunned and the crowd is dazed. On Auburns next 3 drives the Tide would drop 5 picks 1 LB, 2x CB, 1DT, 1 DE. It would be Alabama’s D that put up the next score DE Cory Jones laid out Rollison and the ball hit the floor and like the first half an Auburn lineman picked it up and fumbled CB Scott picked up and raced 70 yards for the score 42-3 Bama.

Jones’ sack was his third of the game and just part of a 12 sack output by the Tide’s front seven. DT Josh Chapman led the way with 5.

Alabama would score again making it 49-3 and 42 in a row before the Tigers put a drive together making the final 49-10.

Alabama 49 @ Auburn 10

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ouch.............BCS shake up!!!

Wow.....nice win!

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol at the SEC West... nobody is ever going to win a title out of this conference, because every year, it's a round robin...

1st 2 season... Auburn>Alabama>LSU>Auburn
    This season... Alabama>Auburn>LSU>Alabama

it's the preverbial "conference of death".. we just know each others games so well that it will be tough to beat both teams the same season.

what a throtteling of Ramirez.. wow.. he did not sleep well last night, that is for sure.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Wow tough L Ramirez. It's miserable having to sit through the remainder of a game with the chances to win slim to none. I feel like the game does a good job of capturing momentum this year (not the cheesy shit from years past). Sometimes the wheels fall off and nothing goes your way. Nice win Foshe.

5. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I should have never played this game...... He hit me up late last night and I was not in proper mind-set...... Next thing I look up and it is 21-3 and after half it just got really bad.....

Too much pressure on my young offensive line.... I couldn't see anybody!

Worse game I've played in the 2 years since this version came out. There is always next year!

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

Shit Title.......I'll settle for an SEC west Title....You got to start somewhere. Congratulations to Ramirez on 3 in a row!!!!

SEC West needs to step up. I'm calling myself out and RYNO and RAMIREZ.

DYK? SEC West 1-5 vs SEC East in 2011.....

I

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Happy I could help. (y)

(n)

Nice win Fosh. Tough loss Ramirez. I know Auburn will bounce back next time because they always do.