Auburn Tigers Game Summaries - year 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nkmi1984, May 9, 2010.

1. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Auburn Tigers Game Summaries - year 6

week 6 - Auburn 34 Miss St. 24

Auburn got the win but at what cost? Lost to injuries were Brent Thomas (#1 WR 92 Overall - 3 weeks), Carlos Archie (#2 WR 91 Overall - 4 weeks), and my #1 HB Mike Rouse was knocked out of the game early on. This could not come at a more critical time with the heart of the schedule coming up with tough games against Ark, Kentucky (I struggle with new users I am not familiar with), and Ole Miss. Brian Paul did not have a good game passing. Probably because he had no one to throw to LOL. We had 3 TOs (2 fumbles and 1 int) that all led to MSU points. Granted I played the cpu but we let them hang around. It was too close for comfort. In the 2nd half my O consisted of pounding the rock with former 5 star #1 rated HB, redshirt freshman Derrick Coe. He made some big plays and picked up several key 1st downs and securing the AU victory. Now I have to tweek my O. Thomas was my sure-handed WR and Archie was the speedster. I will now have to remove a WR from redshirt status.

2. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 7 - Auburn 25 Arkansas 27

Fast forward to the 4th with the score Aub 19 Ark 27. On 4th and goal from the 2 I decided to go for the TD with around 2 min left. My WR was open but Brian Paul threw a HORRIBLE pass behind him for an incomplete pass. I stop Ark and get the ball back with no TOs and about 45 seconds. We end up scoring with 5 seconds left needing the two pointer. Of course we miss the two, game over.

The Arkansas D stepped up big time. They played bend but dont break. I was inside the Ark 5 three times and ONLY SCORED 6 POINTS. Spread sucks in redzone. Props to Ark, he stopped me when he needed to.

Two plays I would have like to get back were a lame duck pass that was returned for a TD by ark and a play on D when ark ran the option and I just plain messed up and played it wrong which led to a 60+ yard TD scamper.

Stick a fork in us for the SEC west. Need to win out AND Rizzo to lose 3 (LOL, not gonna happen)

3. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 8 Auburn 52 Kentucky 14

Kentucky scored on a 60+ pass play on their first drive to take the early lead but that was pretty much it for the boys in blue. The Auburn D clamped down and made key stops when they needed. The O stalled on its first drive but scored on its next 3 possessions. Heisman hopeful Mike Rouse had 179 yards on the ground and 3 TDs.

Good Game BC, I know its frustrating when you have a lot of dropped balls. Hard to run an Offense. I get you next year in Kentucky.

4. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 9 Auburn 27 Ole Miss 33 (OT)

Im still fuming over this so I'll keep it short and sweet and let JD post the rest if he so chooses. 4th Q I was up 27-24 and Ole Miss had the ball with under 2 min to play. I drop the easiest int in the world. He proceeds to tie the game with a FG as time expired. I got the ball first in OT and get to the Ole Miss 5. On my 2nd down play I run an option choice and keep it with QB Brian Paul. He gets hit, fumbles, picks the rock up and rumbles for a 95 yard TD to end the game. I think it was his DE and none of my guys could catch up to him. Not to sound cocky but I felt like it was my game to lose. I didnt get the ground game going as well as I hoped but it was sufficient enough to win. I held JD to 3 offensive points and 66 total yards at the half. Another classic chapter to the Ole Miss/ Auburn rivalry. Just didnt end in my favor. GG as always JD.

So far losses to LSU, ARK, AND OLE MISS.......nothing to be ashamed about i guess

PS....am I the only one doing post game comments? Lets keep it up guys

5. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Funny, I thought it was mine to lose after what I did to end the first half to let you close the gap. lol.

Neither team was able to run as much as they normally do.

I felt like it was going to be a game where I would get cheated out of it from the get-go when I had an INT that gave me nice field position on the opening drive. Out of the handful of plays I had on my first drive, I fumbled twice, losing the second one down around the 5 near the goal line.

After he recovered the 1st in the first, he would march on down and score. Then on the KO to my CB Brown, he would house it for 102 yds to score to tie it up.

Other than one game where I just got thrashed, we've been about as close as it gets. Our games have several swings, it seems. I'll feel really good for a while, then won't be able to stop him.

On the final play in OT, I have a replay and pics. The QB Paul kept and as he began to look to cut back after he faked the hand off, my FS with phenomenal Tackle skills just flat out stroked the QB. It snapped Paul's head back. I had hoped earlier that I would get one of those back after losing one so close to scoring.

It was a great game and although I thought early on that I had a good chance of winning, I didn't think I would with less than a minute to go in regulation.

I knew not to even msg you until I saw you post to see that you'd had a little time. That is a tough way to lose. Like you said, you'd done plenty enough to win. It was a rare case when the comeback happens somehow. When Hall, my DE picked up the fumble, all I could think about was just to kick the FG on the 1st play from scrimmage.

GG, I always look forward to the AU matchup.

6. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

awsome read, rotta love that sec competitiveness!!!

7. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

I felt the same way. When I said it was mine to lose I was referring to the 4th quarter. Add that this was my best defensive performance against you. As soon as i dropped that int I knew I was going to lose. I had two of my buddies stop by and they were cheering for Ole Miss. So you can imagine how pissed I was after dropping it and hearing them applaud. Once something like that happens to me I let it affect my play. Good game though. I should have handed the ball to Rouse instead of keeping it with Paul. Your D is too good and fast. You would close lightning quick.

With me its usually first to 30 wins lol. The bounces havent gone my way this year. I should still be ranked going into the bye week. Losses to #1, #7, and #23 shouldnt drop me too far. I'm still riding the high off that national championship two seasons ago.

8. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I think I lose 9 starters on D. This needs to be my year. Need someone to beat lsu, & I need to win out.

9. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

i think you just need to win out. Have you played LSU yet? I dont think you have. Unless you want that cushion for another loss LOL

10. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I go to Ark and LSU, then get MSU at home. I don't think I've won at Ark or at LSU. I was wanting a cushion. I have 1 L already. Damn smooth.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

HAHAHa...

That's right jdr... The young pups in Columbia dethroned you right after being crowned #1...
    [​IMG]

The East is South Carolina's to lose, with only Florida left on the schedule...

12. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 12 Auburn 7 Alabama 35

We just plain stunk. We got our asses handed to us. Stupid TOs and horrid D. No one can stay healthy either. GG RTP. After last game (66-49 aub with 8 msu ints) this was due.