Auburn Tigers Post Game 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nkmi1984, Oct 27, 2010.

1. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Auburn 54 Clemson 28

Expectations are sky high at Auburn and they opened up the 2011 campaign with a BANG. Last season they were EMBARRASSED by Clemson at home and it was time to return the favor. After being sidelined for most of last season, QB Cam Newton returned better than ever and should be in the Heisman discussion when it is all said and done. He threw for 334 yards (20-29) with 4 TDs and ran for 116 yards and 2 TDs. Newton spread the ball around to 9 different receivers and no one had more than 4 receptions.

Onterio McCalebb rushed for 90 yards on 12 carries and Redshirt Freshman Michael Dyer had 1 rushing TD. True Freshman Kicker Mckenzie was 2/2 on field goals.

The Auburn Offense totaled 561 yards. 227 Rushing and 334 Passing.

Clemson scored on its first 2 possessions then the Auburn D settled down and started making stops.

Auburn 1-0 (0-0)

2. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

I was playing my game with Pitt and with the score 27-9 Auburn my damn PS3 froze in the 4TH QUARTER!!!!!!.....Let me reassure you guys I am not cheating. I am the guy who lost to the CPU twice last year (Clemson and Alabama). I'll tell you what, I am gonna be PISSED if I lose my rematch. Newton was having a Great Game. He had 1 passing TD and 2 rushing TDs. Also the D was playing well, which is a rarity.

3. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

we kno u play by the book coach! but yeah man, those freezes suck big time, atleast it didnt freeze up on the loading screen AFTER u finished the game lol

4. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Auburn 49 Pitt 38

Auburn got up 28-10 in the 1st after some big plays from Cam Newton and Onterio McCalebb. Then the feeling of helplessness came over me and I could not stop Pitt to save my life. Insert ROBO QB and 3 straight TOs on offense that resulted in two defensive TDs for Pitt. Halftime 35-31 Auburn. Pitt only scored ONE offensive TD in the first half on a 48 yard TD run after 3 broken tackles. Pitt was the only team to score in the 3rd and took a 38-35 lead headed into the final quarter. Cam Newton rallied the team in the 4th and scored on a design QB draw from 8 yards out to take the lead. He later connected with Harry Adams on a 28 yard TD pass to seal the deal after the Auburn D stopped Pitt on a 4th and 2.

Overall the D played great, only allowing only 2 TDs against an A rated O. The Auburn Offense was lights out and without the TOs they would have put up 70 points. Cam Newton is the real deal and Heisman voters should begin to take note. He accounted for 591 yards of total O and 6 total TDs. SEC season begins next week, cant wait.

STATS
    Rushing - 235 - 3 TD
    Passing - 511 - 4 TD
    2 Ints
    2 Fumbles

Cam Newton 511 pass yards - 4 TD, 80 rush yards - 2 TD, long 43 (highlight)
    Onterio McCalebb 12 rush 145 yards 1 TD, long 97
    Darvin Adams 10 receptions 191 yards 1 TD
    Travante Stallworth 4 receptions 141 yards 2 TD, long 76

5. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Auburn 31 Miss St 28 (OT)

This one turned from a snoozer to a thriller in about 5 minutes. Auburn had this game under control pretty much the whole game but let Miss St hang around.....leading 21-7 at the half and 28-14 headed into the 4th. Miss St kept fighting and Auburn gave up huge plays that led to 3 Bulldog TDs. Leading 28-14 with the ball, Auburn's Onterio McCalebb fumbled the ball away which gave Miss St life. They scored a few plays later (28-21 Aub) and forced the Auburn O to go a rare 3 plays and out. With around 2 min to go in the game Miss St had once final drive to tie the game. Well they eventually scored after 3 dropped picks and a missed opportunity to recover a fumble by Auburn.....very fortuitous for the Bulldogs. Auburn missed a 53 yard FG as time expired and headed to OT. Miss St got the ball first and right away Auburn dropped yet another int but that didnt matter because on the 2nd play Miss St threw an int in the enzone. The Tigers then scored the winning FG. 31-28 Final.

Player of the game, SURPRISE SURPRISE, Cam Newton 14-24 214 3 TDs passing and 12 carries for 103 yards 1 TD. The Heisman talk is starting to pick up steam. McCalebb also added 85 yards on the ground.

Next up a much anticipated match up with the Florida Gators. Auburn must put forth a better effort to be able to compete with them, as they are the defending SEC Champions.

6. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 4- Auburn 10 Florida 24

The game was much closer than the score indicates. This was a 17-10 game in the 4th with around 3:30 left. Florida converted two bigtime 3rd downs to seal the W. On the 2nd conversion I had to let him score a TD to have a chance to counter and kick an onside. Auburn did not come to play today. We moved the ball inside the UF 30 5 times and only came away with 10 points. Credit the UF defense for making plays. There was a missed FG off the bottom post, costly holding penalties which killed the first drive, and one turnover. The turnover was off an option. I pitched the ball to an open man but I forgot there is a stupid delay in the pitching this year. So Newton ends up pitching the ball 2 seconds after i hit R2 and the UF LB stuck his hand out to knock it down for the scoop and score. After UF's 1st TD the D settled down and played well enough to win the game. The bad news is I had the #8 QB who is my top target visiting today. I am already in 2nd to Wisconsin of all teams (why on earth would they recruit a spread/scrambling QB) and this game probably lost any chance of his coming to Auburn. Its a shame, I promised him to start as a true frosh. Hey itsnotagame, I want the Badgers on my schedule for the next 4 years.

Good Game UF. I was worried about playing you but now I hopefully remember your style. Good luck the rest of the year.

Stats
    Cam Newton 17-26 187 1 TD, 11 rush 51 yards
    Onterio McCalebb 13 rush 43 yards
    Darvin Adams 5 receptions 47 yards 1 TD

Well since this joke TE is still #1 in the heisman ranking after his 2 reception game I am sure that this performace by Cam Newton is enough to keep him in the top 5.

7. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 8

We are a JOKE of a football team and a bunch of CHOKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 11 Commits

#9 DT 4* William Williams - Auburn is young at DT and could see some early PT
    #21 HB 4* Jacob Johnson - Battling Arkansas for him. If signed he will redshirt and start in 3 years after Dyer Graduates.
    #8 CB 4* Rashad Pendleton - could see some PT as nickel back. CB is weak at Auburn.
    #6 TE 4* Von Johnson - battling Georgia for him. He will be great in tight power formations.
    #7 P 3* Lee Keller - hey, we need a punter.....
    T 3* Markus Henderson
    C 3* Josh Levine
    ATH 3* Chaz Williams
    T 3* Marcus Baker
    SS 3* Darren McDonald
    DE 3* Terrence Daniels

Still on the Board
    #20 QB 3* Zach Richardson - Currently 3rd with a visit in week 13. Could start as a true freshman. B SPEED B ACCELERATION
    #51 QB 3* Josh Todd - Will Commit to Auburn. B- SPEED
    ATH 3* Troy Graves - 2nd to NC State
    #77 G 3* Adam Smith - Will Commit to Auburn