Auburn Tigers post-game summaries year 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by nkmi1984, Feb 28, 2010.

1. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Auburn Tigers post-game summaries year 5

Week 2 - Auburn 54 UCLA 42
    Biggest BS game I have ever seen from a defensive point of view. UCLA converted whenever they needed to. Their 85 overall HB was trucking my AA Chase and 90+ DL and Linebackers. I am not going to get into the passing part because i do not want to sound like a broken record. I could write a novel on how broken that crap is. Thank God my offense was in 5th gear all game. This usually happens every CPU game so I am used to it. I just dont have luck against them. If not for a 90+ int return for a TD I might have lost this game as I was trailing in the 2nd half.......

Up next for the Tigers is coach theprogram and Vandy. After posting a win vs coach program in year 1 while he was at UGA, the Auburn has lost 3 straight against him and is looking for answers. There is a lot of pressure from the alumni to win this game. They key to this game will be cutting down the TOs to NOTHING. If we can be TO free I feel we will be in the game come the 4th quarter.

Auburn Tigers 2-0 (0-0)

2. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 3 - Auburn 24 Vandy 28

HEARTBREAK.....We let one slip away. Auburn got the ball first and very methodically drove down the field using almost 4 min. Rollison hooked up with WR Carlos Archie for a 17 yard TD strike. That is very unusual for this quick strike attack. We knew we had to control the clock and make smart decisions if we were to win the game. After forcing a punt Auburn again drove down the field and scored on a 6 yard TD run by AA Todd Harris. 14-0 Auburn. A few plays later Auburn intercepted Vandy and returned the ball down to the 10 but couldnt punch it in and had to settle for a FG. Auburn 17-0. Vandy responded with an 8 yard scramble TD run. That was my fault. I completely forgot about the QB and left it so open he would have walked in. 17-7 Auburn. Before the half Todd Harris broke free on a 66 yard TD run. 24-7 Auburn Halftime. The 3rd quarter was all Vandy. They got the ball first and scored within the first minute. 24-14 Auburn. I get the ball and go 3 and out and punt it away (gave up field position after sack on 3rd down). Within a minute of his last TD program scores AGAIN. 24-21 Auburn. Late in the 3rd after trading punts Vandy gets the ball and throws just an absolute bomb against my cover two, i miss the tackle and vandy walks in 63 yards later. 24-28 Vandy. In the 4th quarter the Auburn D stood strong and came up with some HUGE stops. Lets rewind for a sec. In my previous post I stated that if I was TO free I would be in the game. I think I jinxed myself. In the 4th quarter I changed my O philosophy. I went under center and started pounding the rock. I rode AA Todd Harris and my FB Jacobs all the way down to the Vandy 10 with around 5 min to play. Harris got tired and freshman Mike Rouse (hero of the Oklahoma game) subbed in. I gave him the carry and the LB put a rip move on him as he was falling down...fumble Vandy ball. I was so pissed I am surprised I made him punt again to give my O a second chance. Auburn had one last chance to win the game with 3 min left. Drove all the way down to the 8 and threw just a stupid pass that was picked. My WR was running across the backline of the endzone from right to left. I thought he would keep running and there was NO ONE in the left part of the endzone. He just f*ckin stopped or took a wrong angle or something....vandy jumped it for the int. Maybe if I would have led the WR to the left more....i dunno. Vandy gets a first down running right at my blitz on 2nd and 12 and runs the clock out.

Im not taking anything away from program. He is one of the top players in this league and whole world, his record speaks for itself. But I feel that this was a choke job by me. Give him credit he made plays when he needed them. Got stops and scored at the right times. Good Game again. At least this year it wasnt a blowout.

Hey JD, if there were a way to make players transfer, I would GIVE you Mike Rouse. He cost us the game. You can have him lol

Key Stats
    Rollison 13-25 217 yards 1 TD, 1 INT
    Harris 23 car 159 yards, 2 TD
    Rouse 1 car 3 yards, 1 fumble
    Thomas 4 rec 89 yards
    Archie 4 rec 97 yards, 1 TD

Up next...#11 Notre Dame....I am going to destroy them. No mercy

Auburn Tigers 2-1 (0-1)

3. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I know the feeling

4. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 4 Auburn 42 Notre Dame 7

That felt good. Kicked the snot out of ND. The game started off slow with Auburn getting stuffed at the goal line on 4th and goal. Then missing 3 consecutive FGs, 2 of which were in the red zone. I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach. It was 0-0 late in the 2nd when I scored my first TD, then added a 71 yard TD pass to Emory Blake who is starting to fill the role of Harry Adams...14-0 Auburn at the half. The D was pitching a shutout until the 4th when I started subbing players then the cpu went off on me. The O started off sluggish (maybe a hangover from the 2nd half against Vandy) but they came out and made a statement in the 2nd half scoring at will. Every got in the action. All 3 QBs played and both AA HBs had 70+ yards on the ground. Mike Rouse was present but was not allowed to dress. I made sure he stayed on the sidelines...lol PUNISHMENT

Key Stats
    Rollison 13 of 25 245 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT (last week he was 13 of 25 too)
    Mccalebb 21 car 73 yards
    Harris 7 car 71 yards, 2 TD
    Blake 5 rec 191 yards, 2 TD

Auburn Tigers 3-1 (0-1)

5. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 5 Auburn 23 Tenn 26

Well I was up 14-0 within the first couple minutes of the game but the offense was non-existent the rest of the game. Tenn was up 20-14 in the 4th when his QB shrugged off a potential sack from my AA DE Walter Chase and hooked up with his WR who then broke a tackle for a 60+ yard TD catch and run to make it 26-14 (PAT pending). Tenn goes for the two point conversion, I strip sack him, pick up the ball and rumble for the 98 yard 2-point conversion.....26-16 Tenn. I then threw an int but got the ball back with 2 min left. I drove down the field for a couple first downs then went deep and got the TD. 26-23 Tenn. Of course I went for the onside and RECOVERED! I dont know why but I always get lucky with those. But we choked in the end giving up two crucial sacks (probably gave up 10 sacks) and the last few hail mary plays failed.

Let me add that I missed a FG in the 3rd quarter because I got sacked twice in a row to take me out of FG range. AND I had a 0% red zone conversion, throwing an int in the endzone. Finally my DBs......they stink. They didnt want it!!!! They dropped an int on every single one of TENN's scoring drives.....I am battling Arkansas for the #3 5 star CB....maybe he can help my young core of DBs

Well this loss puts me at 0-2 in SEC play. The positive part is that I have not played SEC west opponents yet, so ATL is not out of the question yet.......just have to win out lol (easier said than done)

6. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 7 Auburn 41 Ar-kansas 34

Shoot I should have typed this right after our game but I was too tired. The game was close the whole time. No lead was larger than 7 at any point. We traded leads throughout and it all came down to who made the critical mistake first. I thought I had made that mistake when I threw an int at the goal line before halftime. 17-17 half. But late in the 4th with Auburn leading 34-27, Ar-kansas did not see my CB sitting the the zone and ended up throwing a pick six. 41-27 Auburn. He added a TD late but didnt get the onside and I took a knee.

Still alive in the SEC west chase. Big game coming up against Miss St. I've never played him so I dont know what to expect.....kind of nervous lol. Also hope to land somebody, anybody soon recruiting.

7. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 12 Auburn 3 Georgia 9

What a shootout LOL. My first game this year where no touchdowns have been scored. The UGA D slowed me down and their O slowed the game down, killing me on time of possession. The Auburn O had its chances but just could not capitalize. Missed FG, Int in the endzone off a stupid lame duck pass, and got stuffed on 4th and 1 while driving in UGA territory. So there were opportunities but we could not make a play. With the score 3-6 UGA and 3 min remaining i had the ball at midfield with a 4th and 5 and decided to punt the ball and rely on my D. That turned out to be stupid. UGA picked up THREE first downs on THREE 3rd and 5+. Kudos to him

GG Drow....way different from last years games (shootouts). I guess when this is the 3rd time we have played in the last month we both eventually figure out how to stop one another. I'll see you next year at Auburn