Auburn Tigers v. Oregon Ducks (Let the predictions begin)

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Gyrene76, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I'm going with Auburn here.

31-21

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Lol I'll go auburn....80-77

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I picked the Ducks WAYYYYY back in August (not here... wasn't a member yet. Just take my word for it haha)

Oregon 42
    Cam Newton 24

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think the score will be in the 90 point range total, i'm taking the ducks 52-42.

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ducks 17
    Tigers 16

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Ducks by 10. X-factor Casey Matthews.

7. Gyrene76

Interesting, everyone's pretty much putting their money on the ducks. Let's see

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

I just feel that these big bowl games with two high scoring teams tend to be low scoring for some reason...just a trend I've noticed

9. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Mathews won't have that much impact. Newton has run over and around all the sec linebackers and de's. Mathews is good but he is not the best backer auburn will face

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Whether you believe Matthews is the best linebacker Newton has faced (or not) is irrevlevent to why I believe he is an X-factor for the game. It comes down to Matthews decision making on reads. He has to read and adjust to Newton's decisions on the fly. At the end of the day USC lost to Texas in 05 because Brian Cushing was a freshman and wasnt able to adjust Vince Young. Young killed Cushing. On the last play of that game Pete was so pissed, he took cushing out, put in a extra DB and zone blitzed a SS, vince still killed them because they still couldn't read Young's reads. If Matthews and Kenny Rowe don't contain Newton and play smart the Ducks lose. Its not about strength and speed of the defenses in my opinion. Its about awareness. If your awarness sucks you will lose. You can throw that SEC speed non-sense out the window, Oregon is a fast team. Its comes down to reads and reactions.

On the other side of the ball, Fairley and that Aggressive D-line has to be careful. Auburn has a better secondary than USC but their D-lines are similar. USC lost to Oregon because they werent patient or disciplined. They keep over persuing. Jurrell Casy is similar to Fairley, Fairley will drop James in the backfield a lot no doubt about it. However, at the end of the third quarter Casey was winded, the same thing will happen to Fairley and Blanc. The game will come down to the Linebackers and Secondary of both squads. I believe the battle of the game is between Newton and Matthews. Whoever wins this battle wins the game.

This is my opinion....

11. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

That all makes sense. All I'm saying is others have made what would have been considered the correct read and adjustment but he still makes the plays. Didn't say anything about sec speed. Both teams are loaded with speed. I don't think there will be an x factor on either defense. It will come down to whoever has the ball last. They play similar styles and both defenses will be tired.

12. Gyrene76

I completely agree...i bet the reason is the extended amount of study the defense has. Offenses usually don't change much, but defenses have to adapt. Big advantage for the defense, not so much for the offenses.

13. Bl0ndeRedHead

And the whole month off thing kills offense's momentum and timing for in game play...makes em rusty

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It will be a close game for a half then the ducks will kill them in the 2nd half...

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    All I know is I've watched Cam Newton win games all season.

It's hard for me to bet against him now.

Auburn - 42
    Oregon - 28

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Auburn 34-29

The month off will keep the scoring down a little, but I don't think either team is capable of playing solid defense (except for fairley, who will be making plays all day).

• Like Like x 1
  17. CJ Bruner

CJ Bruner Walk On

Gonna go with War Cam Eagle here

Cam Newtons - 42
    Oregon - 35

• Like Like x 1