Auburn @ Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by MRamirez, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Auburn @ Virginia Tech

Auburn had been waiting for years for another shot at the Hokies. Their opportunity finally arrived and it came in the form of the #1 team in the land. Virginia Tech was able to leap frog a number of quality teams after dismantling the "rambling wreck" of Georgia Tech last week.

The 1st half was nip and tuck and both sides would use the other's defense as a practice session, as seemingly every play was working for both teams. Both offenses were able to utilize the pass to garner 1st downs and definitely controlled the ball game early on.

The 1st half ended on an Auburn field goal to close the half and the score 21-20 Virginia Tech. Auburn would start the second half with the ball and a strong desire to move the ball into scoring position. Unfortunately the start was not smooth after taking a sack to start the series, but were quickly rewarded when Will Hamilton was able to hit a streaking Wr over the middle for a quick 78 yard strike.

The Auburn defense would then wake up and was able to get consecutive stops. This turned a 21-20 deficit into a 42-24 lead for the Auburn Tigers going into the 4th quarter.

In the 4th quarter Auburn would go conservative while Virginia Tech was able to establish a methodical drive late in the game. After a missed 2 point conversion and the time running out, the game concluded with Auburn securing a 42-30 win!

Go Tigers!

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

JMS was right it lasted one week.

Mike I may be able to play early on Wednesday, whats the best way to reach you during the day?

AIM, email or text?

3-4 pm pst or so and I may stay home from work as I am not feeling all that great.

3. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I will be home all day tomorrow as my daughter has strep throat..... Send me something here...... I'm good to go any time after 11:00 est..

4. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I'm available now...... Let me know.....

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice win Mike. I got on to watch the game late but it looked like he couldn't get you guys off the field until it was too late. It was a good week at the top for VT though :)

Now the Bulldogs are stuck with the spectre of #1... Probably for a week, two max.

6. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I think Hamilton's feet gave JMS fits....... Hamilton was able to convert two big 1st down's with his feet and at that point JMS stopped trying to pressure me.

If I am not pressured I can be pretty good back there. In addition with Hamilton I have the ability to run my Wildcat plays with him so the player group shows differently.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I was confused most of the night....You ran with Hamilton like 3-4 times so I would forget. it was more about guys being wide open over the middle and I would have to manually cover them hence leaving Hamilton free to roam and run. I didn't adjust quick enough. I will be making the video today and looking over the plays to learn from my mistakes. Good game Mike....love playing users!