Auburn's "Wild Tiger" ends Bama's undefeated season

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jfosh, Nov 24, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn's "Wild Tiger" ends Bama's undefeated season

#6 Auburn 27 @ #1 Alabama 10

On a cold and dreay night in Tuscaloosa the Tigers were wild. Auburn for the third time in 4 years handed the Crimson Tide a stinging defeat. In two Auburn wins the Tigers ended Alabama 10-0 seasons.

With HB Trent Richardson sidelined with a broken hand, Alabama was unable to get the run going and went to the air a season high 32 times. QB Star Jackson the nations most efficient passer coming into the game had his worse game of his career. Jackson was bothered early by the rush and seemed hurried when there was no pressure. This is a credit to Auburn who did a good job of mixing up defenses and disguising were the pressure was coming from.

Jackson uneasy in the pocket ,sorely missed All-American WR Kendall Kelly who left the game in the second quarter with a bruised shoulder, put the ball in Auburn defenders hands 4 times and fumbled away a ball while being sacked. Auburn won the turnover battle 6-0. Turnovers, no running game, no threat on the outside, Bama was dismal on offense.

Defensively Alabama limited Auburn to 1-8 on 3rd downs but seemed a step slow against the Tigers passing game which found holes in the zone at the right times,took advantage of mismatches in man coverage, and generated big chunks of yards after catching short passes.

Alabama gave up some big plays against the option run but specfically its inability to stop the "Wild Tiger" took its tool on the Tide. HB Xavier Barnes ran it to perfection taking the option wide pitching to HB McCaleeb or just bull dozing up the middle himself.

From here Alabama hosts a very good Virginia Tech team. Tech deep down inside was hoping for a Bama win so they could spoil Alabama's season. VT is much improved from the team Alabama stompped on 2 years ago @ Virginia Tech.
  2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Apr 17, 2009
    Fun game to watch. Looks like Ramirez has really started to click with that UF playbook. That wildcat was looking pretty effective.

Also understated was Rollison's impact. I dunno what the stats were but he was hot everytime I glanced over. And to think Auburn would be undefeated right now if it wasn't for the Wetumpka Wizard!!! :D GG guys.
  3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes it was an interesting game to watch. Especially seeing a lot of Quarters defense. Cleary Star Jackson is not comfortable throwing the ball 25+ times. Looks like he was looking over the middle to a slanting WR but Auburn had that covered then he was forced to throw to the flat which either got blown up or was a small gain. I also so Star over throw a few balls. Running for BAMA was non existent.

Auburn had some nice option runs BUT I also saw 2 really bad Defensive pursuits toward the HB that resulted in big gains. I think if he would have played the Option more conservatively those big gains would have been 4-5 yards.

Auburn moved the ball well when needed. The wildcat was nice to didnt seem unfair or cheesy at all....just something different. Nice play calling.

VTECH gets some much needed information to formulate a game plan for the next game vs the BIG RED!!
  4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    Its really really tough to make it through the SEC unbeaten. Congrats on making it as far as you did, and nice game / win to Mike, Bama was / is a very good team this season.
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Luckily that loss came early for auburn. They are in prime position to have a title shot. I give credit for running a different offense. Just adds a different look than what you see everyweek. I believe auburn has 3 tough games left. It doesn't end!
  6. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Feb 11, 2009
    I appreciate the "kudos" and nice comments...

I am enjoying the Florida Offense and feel like I have really only put in about 50% of their playbook....

I like the Wildcat, especially with Barnes and McCalebb, as they are two solid backs.... There are 5 different plays I like to run in that package, plus an additional 2 running audibles if the user is playing the motion guy.....

Alabama and Fosh have struggled against me lately and the trend continues....I have changed my defensive strategy from being a player who tried to make every tackle to one that is more reliant on my A.I. to make plays and it seems to be working....

I ran Quarters some on 1st down because I have had success stopping the stretch/pitch/counter plays to the outside running "Quarters Man"....Those plays are run by users in an effort to get outside...I guess because I manually control Defensive tackle Fosh is leary of running inside..

Colemanchu, MoGriff, & Bruce is going to be a chore....... I guess "be careful what you ask for" is pretty applicable right now....

The Oklahoma game was a real abomination and seems "light years" away...I have a big recruiting weekend coming up against Colemanchu...I need to really focus against him because he is dangerous...