Auto Subs and 2 back running game

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Bucs, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Auto Subs and 2 back running game

Any tips on how to adjust your auto sub setting so that you can get a good rotation of two backs? I did tried last game and it was working fine for one quarter then all of a sudden my 3rd stringer came in and i didnt see my two main backs for the rest of the game lol...

So any help would be appreciated.

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

personally i try to not rely on the auto-subs, just because you always have your backup come in when you don't want him lol.

instead i take three or four sets and formation sub my second HB in and i'll try and use it sporadically to give my top HB a breather.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I have mine set to pull the starter at 65 and put him in at 80. i can get 3 consecutive starter plays before the backup is in for 2. if its a goalline situation and i want my main man to score for the heisman race. I'll call a junk play or burn a timeout. Bly's system seems more efficient but its a little more work. I would have to guess you got your starter(s) hurt if all you saw was your 3rd stringer. NCAA is bad at reporting injuries.

4. Bucs

Had success with the 65-80 method, for every ten runs by my starter there would be 5 from my backup mixed in.. Appreciate it.(y)

5. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Any time man, be warned half the time I'm wrong :)

6. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

i have both backs 1000 yards last season doing 50/50 i run 90-100, but its mostly formation subs, one back has certain formations and the other back has the rest

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I think there is a bug in the game. I wanted to make it so my top 3 equally rated backs played. So i set my HB auto subs to 89-100. By the end of the game Only my 4th string HB would enter the game and I had ZERO listed injuries.

I figure they do not regain all of their stamina as the game goes on(which makes sense), so I started lowing my auto subs to see when they would come back into the game. I was never able to get them to reenter the game no matter how low i went on auto subs.

first HB had 8 carries,
    second HB had 6 carries,
    thrid HB had 14
    forth hb had 8

there were some times where i could not run because a WR was being subbed in at HB.

8. Bucs

That is exactly what happened to me originally. Was the most frustrating thing, but i changed it up next game to the 65-80 and it worked for 2 backs so far... Not sure how it might work for 3.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I just take the time to split the carries as to what I want to do at a certain point. Maybe it's because I really like my speedy 2nd stringer but still know my #1 RB is vital to my team's success.

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Its just disappointing that auto subs does not work better.

If I have 3 backs I want to use, I would like to Never have a HB play when I have alternative with higher stamina. I Want the Freshed RBs all the time. AutoSubs seem like a great Idea in theory, but the execution fails. I will just have to play around with the auto sub numbers and find one that allows me to go 3 deep but also still keep my players on the field. I have little faith I will find it.

11. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Wow, I came here to post about this "bug" and fortunately came across this thread. I have up until this point been using a high auto-sub ratio, and as a result, have been finishing games with my WR in the backfield! I had assumed this was due to inuries, but after conseq. occurences, I became suspcious. Thanks again!

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I do the formation sub method. I used Iowa in a dynasty once and they have 3 real good halfbacks. Had one that handeld running out of Ace formations, one out of I, strong I, and weak I.. and one that ran out of shotgun and dabbled in all 3 by getting subbed in.

Worked great because if one back couldn't get going usually one of the other 2 would rack up 150 or so yards. Was a lotta fun.

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I use formation subs. Its worked great so far...

14. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I've had even backs before on a bad team and wound up using them like a bullpen. They were all under 80 overall so I had to find their strengths. I had my starter (best all around), my closer (the guy with the good CAR rating), and also a homerun hitter type-a guy with great speed who could make a play and get me back in the game.

But that was last year so I had to pause the game and sub them in.

15. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Dirty, I have a Clemson team with a similar set-up right now.

Feature back - Ellington
    3rd-down back - McDowell
    GL/short-yeardage back - Harper

It keeps everyone fresh, puts each in a position to succeed, and is a helluva lot of fun to work with.