Available 1* Teams

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Akron
    Arkansas State
    Army
    Eastern Michigan
    FIU
    Florida Atlantic
    Idaho
    Kent State
    Memphis
    Mid Tenn State
    New Mexico
    New Mexico State
    North Texas
    San Jose State
    Tulane
    UAB
    UL Lafayette
    UL Monroe
    Utah State
    Washington State
    Western Kentucky
    Western Michigan

2. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Question: When do we start picking teams, how are we picking, etc?

3. Papa Perry

I believe Ryno said we were gonna draft them in a random order. The other day he said he will be posting about this stuff soon

4. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Some fun choices in there. This dynasty is going to kick major ass!

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Im liking Washington State

7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

as we discussed in the chatbox a few days back: How maddening would it be to be DC at Wazzou? My God...

Im liking North Texas, Akron, Kent, and San Jose

8. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Army is my #1 choice! probable someone elses too, we will see what happen I suppose.

9. Papa Perry

Idk who I want. I was thinking of being the ballsy one and being the DC for Washington State but I figure that OC job will go quick

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

OC of North Texas

11. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

1. Washington State
    2. FIU
    3. Kent State
    4. Idaho
    5. Memphis

12. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

No restriction on conference affiliation? Washington State is the only team in a BCS conference on that list. We should have to work our way to a BCS conference, not get to start there. I don't think they should be available IMO.

13. Papa Perry

Not necessarily. The DC job there is the toughest job available.

***EDIT***

And on top of that our goal is to reach our alma mater whether it be a BCS or non-BCS school. Plus there are schools out there you would be a lot better off with.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Is the goal really to reach our Alma Mater? I wasn't aware of that. I honestly don't know if I'd ever go to FSU in this dynasty even if they offered, I usually don't like running with them in an OD since I do an offline dynasty where I go 20+ years with the 'Noles.

I still don't think that WSU should be eligible. Regardless of it being a tough job they would instantly have more conference prestige, better facilities and other recruiting advantages as well as already being in a BCS conference (which, IMO, is a major goal)

15. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Why not just pick a different "alma matter" then? One that you would want to use?

I'm taking Ohio State regardless and one of yall can try to beat me to it :D

I couldn't care less about Wazzou personally. If someone wants to take them fine...If we want to ban them that's fine to with me.

I see a bunch of teams I'd like to start with.

DC @ New Mexico, OC @ FIU, DC @ W. Kentucky, OC @ San Jose, or OC @ Akron.

All would be good!

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I agree, I think we should start off as Non BCS schools

17. Papa Perry

Well if you wanna go that route why not make the schools in the big pipeline states ineligible? Having a pipeline in California, Texas, and Florida is more valuable than conference prestige and better facilities IMO. I'm not trying to be an ass about it and the main reason I even want them is because of their new unis.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

No it wont... good recruiting states only really matter if you are going for 4 and 5* players. 1-3* can be had no matter what state you are in. By the time many of us are ready for consistent 4-5* recruiting, we will be long gone from these positions.

However, a BCS conference and a legitimate chance at actually winning the conference and going to a gauranteed BCS bowl berth are a much greater advantage. There is also the nice Conference Prestige pitch from being in the Pac 10. Of all the 1* Wash st has the biggest advantage by far.

19. BDSDIGITAL

I disagree with your statement that state doesn't matter. Being in a region with Big States (CA, TX, FL) as possible pipelines will make a big difference just out of sheer numbers. If you are San Jose State and you have a pipeline bonus with ALL of the players in California right off the bat I can see that being a nice little advantage. Same for a school in Florida or Texas. It won't matter obviously for 4 and 5 star guys, but it would make it easier to get 2 star guys and possibly 3's with pipeline bonuses.

Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It is always easy to get 1 and 2* guys... Now, if we were planning on keeping these teams for 5-6 or more seasons, then ya you would start to notice. getting those lower rated recruits wont be a problem for any school you are. Even schools in neighboring states have pipelines in the big states. All Louisiana schools will have Texas pipelines for the most part, and I bet you Wash St has a pipeline in CA.

21. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Actually, if it was up to me this is exactly how we would go, but I understand that not everyone is as "militant" about their OD's as I am.

I've always preferred everyone starting out as Akron or Utah State or WKU for balanced recruiting, conference prestige, facilities, etc...

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

trust me with CC it wont really matter... I just want UNT bc I live in Texas. they are actually one of the worst rated teams...

On the field success w/l record will be the biggest factor. you win, and you get offered a better job. So the C rated teams are going to be at the best advantage, regardless of state

23. BDSDIGITAL

that's true, but obviously the more 2 stars you have a bonus on, the better the odds of finding a specific player that is going to fit your system, or finding the overall best 2 star players.

So really if we're talking about some having advantages over others than all of this would be relevant.

I personally don't care. I think taking Wazzou, N. Texas, N. Mexico, UAB etc is all going to be pretty close to the same, and I'd argue that Being Was. St could very well end up being harder than taking another one of these schools, based on strength of schedule alone. We won't be able to play both sides of the ball to start so no matter how cheesy...errrrr....good Perry is he won't be able to stop Oregon from hanging half a hundred on him, or only being able to score a field goal...or whatever.

But whatever you guys want to do is fine with me. I'm looking at some of the other schools anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Papa Perry

All in all I still don't see how it matters. I believe like it's been mentioned we aren't gonna be at these schools too long and we still have to meet our goals to progress as a coach. Who do you think is gonna have an easier time meeting these goals? A coordinator at WSU where they are greatly inferior to their conference opponents or a Sun Belt, WAC, C-USA, MAC, or MWC team that may have 1 or 2 teams that are significantly better and the rest are even?

You guys have to remember we are only controlling one side of the ball and whatever side you coach and no matter how good you are at that side, your CPU counterpart is gonna cost you games. Losing games hurts your recruiting which will negate your "advantage" of being in a superior conference.

• Like Like x 2
  25. BDSDIGITAL

right,,,,,what he said :D