Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MRamirez, Dec 31, 2009.

1. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Without a doubt Avatar is the best movie I have ever seen. It may not have had the best story ever told, or even the best acting performances of our generation. Who cares!

What it did have was something I have never seen before, it is is absolutely jaw-dropping. Even if you don't like the Sci-Fi realm you still have to see it. I really believe it will take movie-making in a whole different direction. Avatar is more than a movie it is a spectacle.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Mike, for some reason this had me rolling. But I do wanna see this and now i wanna see it even more. :)

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I agree. The movie's length wasn't an issue and kept me up. I really liked this movie

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am going to see in 3D on Friday.....looking forward to it....they say the 3D is amazing.

Yeah whats funny is of all the things that Mike posts he posts this....lol

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol @ ramirez.

Yeah the 3D is crazy. Such a beautiful world they made it. Crazy how they incorperated it.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

What's the story with land floating in mid-air, but people are held to the ground presumably by gravity... meh I'll just see it.

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

Ramirez you did not mention you also saw it at IMAX in 3-D...

I'm waiting for video.

8. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

The floating mountains of Pandora are possible because of a Vortex. This vortex helps shield the Navi and is home to the "Tree of Souls"

I know I'm the resident "bad guy" but I can appreciate good art when I see it!!!

If you wait to see this on video you are crazy. This movie is going to double "Titanic" and will become a cultural phenomena.

9. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I had no idea what it was about but took my girl to see it last night. AMAZING movie. I probably fall asleep in 70% of movies I go to see, but as Mo mentioned, the time wasn't an issue as you just had to know what was going to happen next. There's an IMAX in my neighborhood, I'll probably go see it again in 3D.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:

yeah I'd advise all to pay to see this in the movies...

I know when i'm in the movies, i don't get up for ANYTHING...I feel confined to what's going on the screen...

at home, all types of shit can be going on...