Award Ballots

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Award Ballots

Because we are going to announce the awards via the podcast this year, I have asked Scikotics to help me come up with a ballot that will be distrubuted to each owner for voting.

The nomination thing last year took way to long, and I have found that leaving the voting completely open provides some pretty ridiculous results (see last year NFC MVP, there were 12 guys that had 1 vote...and the winner only got 2 or 3).

So here is the ballot we have come up with. If there are no serious objections (I expect that we wont be able to agree of every little detail) then I will post this for voting once we hit week 17.

The voting will be done like last year where they PM me their votes. I will keep track and post the voting results in the board room AFTER we announce the winners on the podcast next week (I want to keep this secret so it builds suspense for our podcast).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owners: Vishal, Gaddy, Nate, Dave, Bluebean, Dunn

Rookie: Deon Grimes (Bears), De'Anthony Williams MLB (Lions), Bjorn Mason RB (Cards), X'zavious Hewitt WR (Jets), Tavadis Purcell (Titans), Spencer McCallister (Colts)

Defensive Player of the Year: Ameriol Jones S (Eagles), Antonio Cromartie CB (Jags), Joe Breyley DE (Bears), Mack Jackson LB (Dolphins), Jerod Mayo LB (Pats), Robert Mathis DE (Lions)

NFC OFF MVP: Michael Turner RB (Falcons), Calvin Johnson WR (Lions), Adrian Peterson RB (Vikings), Jack English QB (Saints), Bjeorn Mason RB (Cards), Devery Henderson WR (Saints)

AFC OFF MVP: Drew Brees QB (Jags), Steve Smith WR (Jags), Kurt Warner QB (Raiders), Chris Johnson RB (Titans), Philip Rivers (Chargers), Knowshon Moreno HB (Brocnos)

OMFL MVP: Steve Smith WR (Jags), Antonio Cromartie CB (Jags), Jack English QB (Saints), Chris Johnson (Titans), Calvin Johnson WR (Lions), Adrian Peterson RB (Vikings)

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sounds good to me, I would prefer a ballot

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

How in the world did I get on that owners ballot? For underachieving whenever I had the chance to get to the next level? Wow someone really likes me :)

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Remember that award is a compilation of on the field results and off the field contributions. Your desire to step up to the Board played a large factor. Plus you've been nothing but a great owner during your tenure...and finishing above .500 in the AFC South is a big accomplishment, playoffs or not.

5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Thanks I never looked at it in depth like that. Just having fun with some good guys...

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I just want to put my .2 in, it doesn't mean you have to listen though. For OMFL or really any MVP, shouldn't we have just 1 per team? I mean with 2 guys on the list for those MVP races from 1 team, that can't be fright because theres only one MVP per team. follow me? maybe i am wrong, but thats just the way my brain works. any who, it looks great to me. I am working on very very very little sleep for the last 2 days so maybe i missed something so if i did, hit me up.

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

Unfortunately there's nobody really close to Devery Henderson to replace him off the NFC list. The AFC is a bit easier.

If you look at the history of MVP voting in real life, there are lots of examples of guys from the same team finishing 1-2 in the MVP voting.

I wanted to put Brady from the Pats in there for both AFC and MVP, but Scikotic thought with him having 24 TDs and 26 INTs he wasn't worthy.

I dunno its tough...but let's be honest, there are only a couple guys in each race who have a legit shot at winning so we are probably just splitting hairs.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I could do Brady for Cromartie in the AFC MVP race for sure....I probably should have Brees in there cuz he leads the league in every passing category nearly...but I just can't put 2 guys from my offense on there don't think.

9. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

No, brady has way way way too many ints. i guess your right. leave it as is. none of my guys will win. 4 weeks of camp killed me.