Award Nominations

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by bringbackjimmy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It's that time of the year fellas that we need to start giving out hardware to deserving players/coaches. Once a guy gets nominated he needs to get that 2nd nomination to get on the ballot. If a guy already has the 2 nominations please pick someone else that is worthy of the award.

The award list is as follows:
    MVP

Defensive Player

Rookie

Most improved

Coach

GM

Least Valuable player-player with minutes that wouldn't be missed or production could be replaced by a much cheaper player

The Rothlisberger- the biggest trade rape of the yr(could be a deal that went through or vetoed for the best of the league).

The Dru- the Gm with the most moves just for the sake of making moves.

The Wesley- A player that a gm is obviously trying to get rid of, but is always talking him up in effort to increase value.

Bondzai
    Dru50
    JrRawlins
    Blaza
    JFace907
    Ryty
    Ghost
    RyanC
    recchem2000
    PAgamer07
    BDSDIGITAL
    ryalaman

FA spread sheet has all user moves listed
    mvp:
    lillard
    Cp3
    Carmelo
    Irving*

Rookie:
    Oladipo
    Mclemore

Defense:
    Lillard
    Chandler
    Trob
    Jordan*
    Dalambert*

Most improved:
    TRob
    Alex Burks
    Maggette*
    Lawson*
    Monroe*
    Vasquez*

Coach:
    Blaza
    Brian
    BBJ*
    JR*

GM
    Raj*
    Dru
    Blaza
    Ryan
    JR*

LVP:
    Josh Smith
    Fredette*
    Vasquez*
    Jordan*
    Javale magee*

Rothlisberger
    Raj over ghost
    Bond over Brian*
    PA over ryty
    Dru over Brian*

The dru
    Dru
    Brian

The wesley
    Big Baby
    Patterson
    Reddick*
    Landry*

*needs to be seconded to make ballot

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

MVP:Damian Lillard-

Defensive Player: Damian Lillard

Rookie:Victor Oladipo

Most improved- Thomas Robinson

Coach- Blaza

GM- ryalaman

LVP- Josh Smith

Rothlisberger- PAgamer07 and Ryty JRue deal

The Dru- Dru50

The Wesley- Big Baby Glen Davis

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

How does GM of the year go to a team that is sucking?

• Like Like x 1
  4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

MVP: I'll second Lillard

Defensive Player: Sam Dalembert

Rookie: Oladipo

Most improved: Magette

Coach: Blaza

GM: Dru50

Least Valuable player- Gotta be Jimmer

The Rothlisberger- still think the Raj first rounder deal with Ghost was just terrible

The Dru- BDSDIGITAL

The Wesley- Big Baby, without question

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Defensive Player -- Tyson Chandler

Rookie -- BEN Shoots alot McClemore

Most improved -- Thomas Robinson

Coach -- BDSDIGITAL

GM -- Blaza

Least Valuable player- Josh Smith

The Rothlisberger- did Ghost make a trade this year?

The Dru- Dru50

The Wesley- Patrick Patterson.... guys was named in 50 trades and never moved...

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

MVP -- CP3. Turned his team around after a rough start and almost stole the #1 seed from Portland.

Defensive Player -- DeAndre Jordan *in Orlando. Only C who truly locked up the paint against me. Acrobatic blocks and able to score in bunches on dunks, oops, and putbacks.

Rookie
    -- Oladipo. Aka Olahampo....The best player on his team as a rookie. Showed he can score in and outside of the paint. Also a terrific on ball defender. Looking forward to seeing his development in the offseason.

Most improved -- Greg Monroe. This guy filled up the stat sheet and did his thing on the block after Josh Smith was traded outta town. Allowed JrRawlins to get more shooters on the floor to fit his philosophy.

Coach -- bringbackjimmy. Ran away with the West after the disappearance of a once great/now scorned coach who shall not be named.

GM -- RyanC. Got rid of an aging Dirk and Vince Carter's corpse for a great young wing in Harrison Barnes. Also added David Lee who is a rebound machine and capable of running offense through the post.

Least Valuable player- Greivis Vasquez. Led the league in turnovers doubling up #2. I told ryalaman at the All-Star break that he was doing too much with him but he wouldn't listen :(. On a brighter note, invented the term "Vasquezing". Vasquezing - to give make pointless assists soley for the sake of getting dimes. Sometimes referred to as CP3'ing or Nolan Smith'ing.

The Rothlisberger- MIL sends DeAndre Jordan to ORL for Big Baby Davis. Jordan went off in Orlando. Perfect fit for Bondzai's style.

The Dru- Dru50 . Nuff said.

The Wesley- JJ Reddick. Guy was in everyone's inbox at one point or another. Spent the deadline at home in LA.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The award list is as follows: MVP: CP3 Defensive Player: Thomas Robinson 3rd in rebounding #7 in blocks.
    Rookie: Ben McLemore Most improved : Vasquez Coach: JrRawlins GM: Blaza Least Valuable player- DeAndre Jordan The Rothlisberger- pa and Ryty for Jrue The Dru- Dru50 The Wesley- Carl Landry

Also for a point of reference :

deandre Jordan avg ppg 6.6 rpg 7.7 ast 1 stl .6 blk 1.3 shooting 50% from the line. 11 mil per yr

Big baby ppg 7.4 rpg 5.9 ast .9 steal .9 blk .5 63% from the line. 6.4 million

Just some stats to chew on.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Uh, what? CP3 has more turnovers than Vas I'm pretty sure. And one is MVP and the other is LVP?

9. Blaza

Does he? Last time I checked Vas was averaging close to 5 TOs/game. If I was wrong I stand corrected.

10. BDSDIGITAL

Actually vas and cp3 have the same amount exactly at 4.4 pg

11. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Assholes

12. Blaza

ryalaman

Ah, my mistake. Last time I checked CP had 2.5 a game or so.....but that was before the Vaquez'ing began.

I guess giving 30 helpers in a game isn't too conducive to taking care of the rock lol.

13. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

MVP: Carmelo Anthony

Defensive Player: Damien Lillard

Rookie: Ben Mclemore

Most improved: Ty Lawson

Coach: BDSDIGITAL

GM: RyanC

Least Valuable player- Josh Smith

The Rothlisberger- Ryty and PAgamer07 Jrue deal

The Dru- BDSDIGITAL

The Wesley- Patrick Peterson

14. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

cant believe Burks isnt getting most improved love... he shit on most of the league... bastids... he will come back with a vengenace...

• Like Like x 1
  15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Where does George rank in PPG? Has to be top 5 of all users I would think. The man needs some love!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dru50

MVP - I'll second Carmelo Anthony. Best player on the best team.

Defensive Player - I'll second Chandler from the Knicks.

Rookie - I'll second Oladipo.

Most Improved - Burks.

Coach - It's gotta be Blaza. He has like 12 losses and most of those are sims. It will be a major upset if he doesn't win the ring.

GM - I'm gonna nominate JrRawlins. Got a guy in Bargs that fits his style and Tim Hardaway Jr (who is his primary wing off the bench) for a guy in Smoove that he didn't want. He picked up his leading scorer Burks, from the Jazz in a deal nobody saw as major at the time. Picked up a solid backup PG in Lil Zeke for basically free from ryalaman.

LVP - I'll go with Smoove, just based on rating vs production.

The Rothlisberger - The trade between Ghost and ryalaman that became Baseline's first vetoed user trade. I honestly can't even recall what the deal was now though.

The Dru - Just give that to me in perpetuity.

The Wesley - Gotta be Big Baby. He wasn't in Milwaukee for 24 hours before BDSDIGITAL was shopping him to everyone in the league.

17. Dru50

I'll give Vasquez some love. When you are dishing dimes like he and CP3 are you'll have some turnovers.

18. BDSDIGITAL

He was 7th in the NBA and 3rd among users

There really wasn't an award here for him to win. I mean he's one of the best players in the game so most improved obviously isn't in play, and it's hard to vote a guy mvp that plays for a team that's been out of contention for two months. All that being said he's having a helluva year.

Also, we should add a bench player award. Maybe the Brian Scalibrine award for best 6th man?

• Like Like x 2
  19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

MVP – Since everyone nominated (and seconded) my nominations, lets just play the homer card and go Uncle Drew. (Bondzai can vouch for that guy)

Defensive Player – Not sure if his nomination has been seconded, but Thomas Robinson has been a beast on the glass and has sent many basketballs to the stands.

Rookie - *Clark Kellogg voice* Victor Oh-Luh-DEE-Po

Most improved – Alec Burks. No questions asked. A user has NEVER flourished with him as JrRawlins has. Not even me when I had a season or two of progression with him.

Coach - Blaza

GM - Dru50. It took him a few tries, but he eventually molded his roster to one he could do some damage with.

Least Valuable player – Had I not finally figured out Andrew Bynum, he could have gone here. I did eventually figure him out, so my nomination has to then go to Javale Magee. For a guy who has dominated this league in year’s past, he was just a Ghost this season (and yes, pun intended)

The Rothlisberger – I’m gonna go with the DJ trade between the Bucks and Clips seeing as the Bucks were fed up and shipped out the door in a New York minute.

The Dru - BDSDIGITAL. Go figure Dru50 was his trade partner half the time.

The Wesley – Glen ‘Big Baby’ Davis. Dude was whored our more than anything the Godfather put on his Ho Train (you’re welcome wrestling fans)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  20. Dru50

bringbackjimmy - will you be posting information on the award finalists? Things like key stats, or a list of team transactions for the GM award? If you need help with that I can assist.

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

yeah i will be posting stats with the finalist. As for moves for GM i can do that, but i also have all transactions listed on the salary cap spread sheet.

23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

you know what cp3 and nolan smith have in common over vasquez? they did their assisting on winning teams;)...I am also pretty sure Nolan did his thing with less TO:p

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

25. Dru50

Coach - bringbackjimmy

LVP - Jimmer I guess.

Roth - I can't really think of another trade I thought was terribly lopsided.

Wesley - Patrick Patterson