Award Semi-Finalists

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Aug 31, 2009.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Award Semi-Finalists

Just wanted to try to get some chatter going on our award semi-finalists. It looks like the CPU is leading for most of the awards (as it should be), but we have some guys in the running.

I think I saw Tebow toward the bottom of the Maxwell list. FSU's RB was on there.

Armando Allen (ND) was #6 or 7 on the Walker list (I'll guarantee he won't get into the top 5 unless Robert Hughes gets injured).

Michigan's DBs were all over the Thorpe list. I was surprised not to have either my FS (Harrison Smith, lots of tackles), or CB (Robert Blanton, lots of int's and deflections) on the Thorpe list. Blanton has had an amazing first half. I think he just doesn't have enough tackles (because the guys he covers rarely catch passes).

Gresham (OU), Rudolph (ND), and Graham (Wisconsin) are all in the top 5 or 6 for the Mackey Award. Can't remember if Hernandez (Florida) was up there.

I noticed Brewster (OSU) on the list for the Rimington Award.

ND's punter (Maust) was #4 or so for the Ray Guy Award.

This is just what I can remember. There are definitely more user guys on the list, but I was really just doing a quick scan for my guys.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I have a guy third on the top returners list. Ran two back for scores. I think my punter is somewhere on the list of top guys also, but that's about it.

I've really been spreading things around, trying to keep my guys in Columbus. I have such a stud crop of youngsters, I can't afford to lean on any one player.

I like how the awards are looking so far, though. Nice to see a little actual competition. Maybe the awards will actually mean something again.

3. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Yep, I agree. Users won way too many awards last year (probably because 80% of our games were blowouts where we racked up 500+ yards and 50 points). It looks good so far this year.

Another thing - do we want to do a year end (or maybe even pre-bowl season like real life) vote on some additional awards? We've talked about it in the past, but maybe we want to brainstorm a bit in this thread as well.

-Coach of the year (based on performance in user games and overall, sportsmanship, etc. Might go to the championship coach, but could also go to a guy like Shaun if he has an amazing year with Army and beats a user or two.)
    -Recruiter of the year (mostly based on best class, but relative ties would go to coaches who outperform expectations)
    -Blogger of the year (blog or AVID page)

What else?

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm at work so I don't remember them all but there were a few Michigan guys in there. Some of the leaders are hard to figure out though. My punter, who leads the nation in both punting average and net average is only 2nd on the list. I'm guessing this is because I don't punt that often so he doesn't have as many punts inside the 20 as the #1 guy (even though my punter has a higher percentage of punts inside the 20 than the #1 guy). Also, you mentioned aOSU's center. This one is really bizarre to me. He's on the list as is 1 other user OL I think. If you look at the stats, aOSU's center had something like 5 pancakes on the season and was surrounded by guys with like 20+ pancakes.

You mentioned my SS Brown and CB Cissoko who are on the Thorpe list. Brandon Graham (sr. DE) is on the DL list and also at the bottom of the def. PotY list. I don't think I have a single offensive guy on any list. My MLB Ezeh is also on the LB list.

5. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I think Dwyer and Nesbitt are in there somewhere for the "Crutch Award"

6. jello1717

They'll get stiff competition from Forcier who likely won't make it back for the Wisconsin game this week and might not make it back for my game against those silver guys next week.

7. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Both were lost for a total of 8 weeks thus far. I didnt have either one of them last week and still slammed Wake Forest( Update coming today).

Maybe your guys would stay healthy if you would stop the Rich Rodriguez Practice Schedule...I may have to have Archie investigate that...(y)

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Those are all good ideas...

9. jello1717

Richie Rod has nothing to do with this team. As was reported in the first article in the Maize Raze, Richie Rod was ridden out of town on a rail before this year.

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Do I have anyone on the list?:)

If I do, they are on my defense.:)

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Im sure you decided to keep his Offensive Cor. Either way, I think your 8 hour practice days are really 12.......Do you Fear the SHoe?

12. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Jello has been careful to seperate his Michigan program from the Dick Rod regime. Something tells me we'll be seeing this play out in real life in about 4 months.

Re injuries: I hate how when it says "3 weeks" it really means 3 weeks, plus a week where you're guy is questionable, then a week where he's probable. Is that always how it always works, or have I just had bad luck with it?

Doesn't look like Nesbitt will be back in time for G Tech - ND, but Dwyer should be good to go.

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

yeah, last week was the Questionable for Dwyer. Nesbitt is likely out til the bowl or maybe a Georgia Return

14. jello1717

I think there's more than a bit of randomness in it, which I think is good since you can't really predict recovery times. Forcier was out for 3 or 4 weeks. He was questionable last week and he's still questionable this week. Minor has been probable for the last 2 weeks since he "healed" from his injury.

15. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Haven't noticed someone having the same status 2 weeks in a row (like you mention with Forcier). If there's a bit of unpredictability to it, I kind of like it.

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Same thing has happened with DeMarco Murray...He was supposed to be out one week but has missed the last two or three due to his minor injury. Should have him back this week for Texas A&M.

17. jello1717

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the third damned week in a row, Forcier is questionable! I really, really, really had hoped he'd be ready for the aOSU game. Now I'll have to make due with Sheridan.

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm having the same problem with Kurt Coleman. He's been questionable for weeks.

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

DeMarco Murray didn't play in the Texas A&M game, I lost Jermaine Gresham for the season vs. Nebraska and now I've lost Sam Bradford for the next six weeks, which is basically the rest of the season. This is nuts...

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Four-sear?

21. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

For-See-Ay, I think...

22. jello1717

Okay. That one is an inside joke in the E-League from before you joined.

23. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ahhhh....