Awards Race :: S3

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by IXI DECAY IXI, Nov 28, 2011.

1. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

[​IMG]
    4th Horseman Awards Race :: Season 3, Week 10
    [​IMG]
    Jacob Karam (QB) - Texas Tech
    - The Red Raiders have run into some bad breaks but Karam is still the standout quarterback with 1,743 yards. His 17 touchdowns is impressive to say the least but his interceptions isn't far behind at 13. Karam needs to be able to play more consistent if he hopes to turn his Red Raiders season around.
    Tyler VanTubbergen (QB) - Western Michigan
    - Even with his head coach who has been out for the entire season for undisclosed reasons, VanTubbergen is having a decent season with 1,586 yards. He has thrown for 10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions.
    [​IMG]
    Darren Reaves (HB) - UAB
    - Reaves is having a stellar season and if he can stay healthy, he will be a favorite to win the award hands down. Reaves has 1,345 yards and 13 touchdowns. Reaves has only given up 2 fumbles.
    Storm Johnson (HB) - FIU
    - Johnson is another back who is definitely a big part of his teams success. Johnson has helped FIU start the season out strong and is not looking to slow down. If Reaves injuries keep getting in the way then Johnson will be a sure winner. Johnson has 1,122 yards and 15 touchdowns.
    [​IMG]
    Darrin Moore (WR) - Texas Tech
    - Moore is the Raiders leading receiver with 711 yards on 43 receptions and has scored 3 touchdowns.
    Patrick Laird (WR) - Army
    - Laird is the Golden Knights leading receiver with 642 yards on 37 receptions and has scored 6 touchdowns.
    [​IMG]
    Josh Zahn (K) - UAB
    - Zahn is 10 out of 11 this season in Field Goal attempts.
    [​IMG]
    Darrian Mallary (KR) - FIU
    - Mallary is running away with this reward with 4 returns for touchdowns and a total of 1053 yards.
    Tahj Kimble (KR) - Army
    - Kimble has yet to return one for a touchdown but has a total of 816 yards.
    [​IMG]
    Brandon Gant (MLB) - UAB
    - Gant has 31 tackles, 17 tackles for a loss, 8 sacks, and 1 forced fumble.
    Cain Elliot (SS) - FIU
    - It's not necessarily a good thing when your SS is among the top of your team in tackles but it seems to be working for FIU this season. Elliot has 28 tackles, 16 tackles for a loss, and 3 interceptions.
    [​IMG]
    This one is up in the air for discussion so please feel free to chime in. All of the other awards are also up for discussion so feel free to express your opinions with them as well!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Decay, you're a freaking baller man. This is some prime stuff.

3. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Awesome...Great stuff.

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Cool thread, I assume this is only for user players? You could call this peice "Lord of the Sticks" and have someone post weekly winners on offense and defense also. Only complaint is that you have no love for the Tight Ends, what about a Mike Ditka or Tony Gonzalez award?

IXI DECAY IXI

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Decay, truly awesome my friend. Truly.

6. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

The guy that's 5-2 with an OVR 68 team might be a candidate :cool:

7. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Lol! That's why I wasn't even going to touch that nomination at the moment. I didn't want to take any heat.
    There isn't a place online that separates the receivers from the tight ends so it's kinda time consuming to go through and sort each unless like you said everyone was able to post up their nominations.

8. Wyrmreaver

Yeah, you'd have to look at every user teams stats individually and track down their TEs, which would be a pain

9. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Outstanding my friend! Please give TE's some love though, Tyler Elmo is my only shot at anything! I will post his stats later.

10. Baron

Might wanna look at subbing out Elliot for FIU DT Brandon Dunn, dude has 6 sacks, 2 FF, and a FR for a touchdown (and God only knows how many TFL) in the past 2 games.

11. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

TE Taylor Elmo 28 catches for 409 yards.

12. papaloke

We gotta get Dwreck's LE in here, he's about to break my single season sack record. (or already has)

13. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Yeah dude, he has been tearing it up. I think he is up over 20 sacks.

14. Jman

All of which I'm sure are by engaging the T first and then making a move (as per rules), not the runaround technique, correct?

You two shouldn't take this the wrong way, but it was/is an issue I've been waiting until the end of the season to discuss with all users. Numbers like that scream cheese.

15. Baron

OH SNAP THE CHEESEMOBILE IS BACK!

16. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Definitely engaging the tackle (or guard or TE or whoever else is blocking him) and making a move on him (81 power and finesse moves is pretty good for my conference). He only has 72 speed so I don't think I could run around tackles if I tried. I don't even blitz all that often because my corners are horrendous (70 and 66).

I play almost exclusively with D-linemen because I think it is cheesy to play with a linebacker or safety in spy mode and turbo-ing them around the field.

17. papaloke

Ha, yeah I figured you would point this out...I'm using a DT and have gotten pretty good at jumping the snap..plus my boy is a beast with 90 something Acc...but yeah I may have shifted the line and stunted more than I should last season (Not saying I did it every play!) but I do play with the jump snap set to normal and I don't try to run wide around the ends.

I've been playing with the DT probably 60-70% of the time.

18. Baron

Seems legit.

19. papaloke

Yeah, I clicked the link...didn't realize your boy Storm was raining cheese too. What?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jman

See, this thread is SO much fun now! hehe

Seriously though, you've got to understand it being called to attention when crazy numbers are being hit up. I think we've got a group where its no biggie to do so now as everyone will be willing to adapt.

Plus, you can bet your ass I go through all of the end of season stats every year....hehe

• Like Like x 1
  21. papaloke

Yeah, fine with me. Glad you put it out there...stay up on the cheese grind. ( I just googled "cheese glasses")

tumblr_lhpzuitSkV1qbivspo1_500.jpg

22. Baron

23. papaloke

24. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

New awards race will be updated tonight or tomorrow morning! Keep the player debates going! It will make me way more motivated to write articles on this!

25. Wyrmreaver

IXI DECAY IXI
    First, this is a sweet thread.....

for next season, to lessen your work load you may want to consider listing the awards preseason and encouraging each user to highlight their own players to watch and then make a rule where each user must nominate their players for the awards by week.... 8? Only nominated players are eligible to win and the user must post that players stats and any other fluff they want about a player and smack about other nominees.

Then, you take into account record, stats, and quality of user posts when you determine the winners

That way, its still your thread and you pick the winners, but you aren't solely responsible for stat hunting and can tout your own guys, and the more and better a guys participation is the more likely he is to get wins for his players (like the real life Heisman campaigns that schools engage in)

Just my thoughts..... either way this is grade A content

• Like Like x 1