Awesome story

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by runthepound, Jan 5, 2011.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Feb 18, 2010

Throwing this video from the Columbus Dispatch out there, hoping we can find this talent a place to call home.

UPDATE-1: Many thanks go out to all of you who have been tossing phone numbers and e-mails my way for Ted's sake. I went up to Hudson/I-71 (Columbus) today, but Ted wasn't there. He is going to be on air tomorrow morning on radio station WNCI. I've left my contact info w/WNCI to call/e-mail me on a way to get your enormous opportunities over to him.

I'm going to give him a Trac phone (w/ample minutes) so that he can return calls to all of you.

Hopefully, in some way I'll get in contact w/him. Peace.

UPDATE-2: To all those who have been writing me (as one of Ted's only means of contact), I have learned that the radio station interviewing him tomorrow (1-5-11) a.m. is going to make him a formal offer. Whether true or not, we'll see.

Hope it works out well for him. That was the whole point of me posting this video. I cannot thank enough everyone who was willing to do their part in offering Ted their helping hand.

Whoever lands him is certainly getting much more than a memorable personality; they're getting a great human being as part of their team.

My best to all.

UPDATE-FINAL: Well everyone. You can give yourselves and Ted a high-five. He's being given offers hand-over-fist over the air. He'll be set for life.

My request to all. Whenever you run across a story such as this, don't assume it'll take a life of its own, on its own. It won't. It can't. There are too many other stories that drown out the one before it.

You need to spend time to get that story and its word out to many. If you care, you'll do it.

Keep the faith, pay forward and always lend a hand; even if you're the one who needs it.

God bless Mr. Williams. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him for sometime to come.​
    The Cleveland Cavaliers: A representative of the Cavs called into "The Morning Zoo" on WNCI, a local Ohio station, this morning to offer Williams a full-time voice-over job and a house.
    The NFL: No offer has been made yet, but a director of post-production from the NFL told The Columbus Dispatch, "My boss said to me: 'If you don't get him hired, you're fired.' ... I can't make any guarantees, but I'd love to get him some work."
    The Ohio Credit Union League: Also on WNCI this morning, Williams was offered a $10,000 opportunity to do voice-over work for the Ohio Credit Union League, pending a background check.
    MTV: Someone claiming to be from MTV called into "The Morning Zoo" to say that they'd love to work with Williams.
    ESPN: According to WNCI, ESPN has expressed interest in Williams, too.
    Radio: A Pennsylvania radio station is apparently interested in Williams.
    Giving back: The television station WBNS-TV wants to use Williams as a narrator for One Day To End Homelessness, a telethon planned for Jan. 31.
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Awesome story
  3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Jul 27, 2009
    I heard about this guy this morning on the local sports radio am station. good shit
  4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    Seen this the other day on WSHH. At first I was a little disgusted because it seemed the guy was using him for his personal entertainment ('I'ma make you work for your dollar) but cracked a smile when I saw yahoo with the story today (or yesterday) because I knew it would bubble. Good for him because he has a voice for radio
  5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    Yeah I saw this story today and couldn't believe it was here in Columbus - I'm familiar with a lot of the Ohio State homeless guys (rhyme for a dime anyone?) but this guy I had never seen or heard. Hard to believe this kind of story is right in my own backyard.

Obviously I'm happy for Mr. Williams - he really does have god given talent so I hope he has plenty of opportunities to put it to use.

@sdunlap - Radio voice duel with this guy?
  6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah I heard about the story from one of my co-workers but have yet to hear his voice. I will check out the clip when I get off work.
  7. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Hahaha, I would lose. This is a great story!!! Makes my morning a lot brighter.
  8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    Dude, don't sell yourself short. I demand a podcast and soon.
  9. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Jul 1, 2010
    Great Story
  10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Feb 23, 2009
    I think I almost kicked this guys brother when I was partying in Santa Monica on New Years Eve.