AWink's Weekly Power Rankings Season II

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by AWinkler02, Jan 24, 2013.

1. AWinkler02

AWinkler02 Walk On

1.) Denver Broncos
    Your defending champions Denver Broncos atop the list at number 1. They came out in week 1 beating a very talented Green Bay Packers team 36-20 behind their defense. Coach Winkler emphasized that he wanted to be the toughest and most hard nosed defense in the NFL. He is heading in the right direction with that causing 4 turnovers.
    2.) Washington Redskins
    Super bowl runner up Washington Redskins come in at number 2. Some critics disagree with the first 2 already thinking Washington should be number 1 after having a very convincing win over their division rival Dallas Cowboys. Redskins winning 51-28 through a very balanced offense and a playmaking defense. RG3 is not going to give up that MVP trophy as he is looking to repeat this year. RG3 and the Washington Redskins are not to be reckoned with.
    3.) New England Patriots
    Brady and the Patriots arrive in at number 3. Brady looked very sharp in his first game of the season as he put up a 158.3 passer rating. PERFECT! Patriots are very upset finishing just short of the super bowl once again. Brady is determined to get a 4th title and even admitted his 4th ring is going to his wife as a prized possession. One person to look out for on this already dangerous offense is rookie sensation Jamaal Hicks. Put up huge numbers in his first game as a professional 8 REC 179 YDS 3TD.
    4.) Detroit Lions
    Detroit Lions come in at number 4. First week they came out with their playmaking ability as usual winning against the Chiefs 35-27. Usual it's the offense putting up points for the Lions, but this week it was their special teams. William Dowd rookie out of Washingtion averaged 39.4 yds per return with a touchdown taking for 102 yards. Another kick return touchdown was taken back by Titus "The Lighting" Young. Teams better be careful with this offense and special teams. If Coach Element can find a way to bring that fire and hostility out of his defense I'm not sure anyone can take them down.
    5.) Tennessee Titans
    Coach RRAH has made a statement that he is sticking with Chris Johnson and it sure paid off, putting him at number 5 in the rankings this week. Johnson came out and ran for 197yds on just 20 carries leaving him with a 9.9 yds per carry. Jake Locker looked a little shaky with only 183 yds and 2 INT. If coach RRAH wants to take the Titans to the promise land he needs to treat Locker like a rookie and control his mistakes.
    6.) San Francisco 49ers
    You will find this team near the top for years to come, they come in at 6 as of now but look for them to rise. Experts predict big things from this team and look for the them to knock a few big teams off this year. With their defense and their extremely young offense, the 9ers look very scary for years to come. Defense showed up in their week 1 game holding the Rams to just 9 points. With a pretty balanced offense, they were able to dominate this match up. Some say to look out for the dual rushing attack between their rookies and others say Keshawn Lyons WR out of Mississippi St. is huge ROY candidate.
    7.) New York Giants
    Knowing Coach Troy being a Steeler Fan growing up, loves playing hard nosed defense. Giants are always a scary team with their pass rush ability and their balanced offense. The Giants were able to hold off the Falcons and their heavy passing attack by producing three picks. On offense Troy was able to grind out and tire the Falcons D by letting Bradshaw off the leash producing 136yds on the ground. This is a team to look out for going ahead, very scary when it gets close to the postseason.
    8.) Carolina Panthers
    Dual threat QB Cam Newton is always very scary, he can beat you with his arm or feet.. Basically he can beat you by himself. This year is apparently the year of the rookie WR as Cam Newton's main target on the day was Darryl Beatty producing 103yds with a TD. Experts like this team and say they are a team on the rise but they don't believe Panthers have what it takes to bring down a team like the Redskins or Lions. Coach Ranger on the other hand says we like it like that, just lets us fly under the radar. We will just have to wait and see.
    9.) Cincinnati Bengals
    Some believe this team should be a little higher than where they are at. The way i see it is they are playing in a very tough division. The first game is proof of that. Coach Snake Eyes was able to hold and stuff the Steelers at the one yard line to win the game. Teams need to watch out for the Bengals this year as AJ Green has perfected his game and looking to set record breaking numbers but the Bengals need to produce a run game as well or it will get to predictable for teams in the future.
    10.) Miami Dolphins
    Rounding off the end of the list is your Miami Dolphins. New coach AWall was able to acquire Frank Gore in the off-season. Showing that he knows how to build a team and is willing to do whatever it takes to win. He was able to pull of a victory in his first professional appearance. I predict only good things from this coach and team. A team on the RISE I would say, on the RISE very quickly.

Teams in the hunt-

Houston Texans
    Chicago Bears
    Green Bay Packers

I know there are power rankings on the Madden Daddy site but I thought it would be fun to have our own opinions let me know how you feel about it. I plan to do it every week this one is a little behind. I'd love to hear your opinions, don't be afraid I don't mind criticism haha.

• Like Like x 6
  2. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Agreed! He was unstoppable vs the Rams D.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

One sec... theres something wrong! I dont see the Vikings n that list hahahah :D :)!!

4. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

Yea Jamaal Hicks is a BURNER!!! had a bad game against dolphins tho did have a td but would have like 2 see him get open more

• Like Like x 1
  5. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

LOVE IT! Next to the teams name you could put their power rankings from the Madden Daddy Site. Just as comparison. :)

It looks like many WR rookies are getting a lot of action. But the Vikings are gonna bring up Reshard Watson (QB) nto the conversation by the end of the season. He's playing well during his first professional season even though he's under the reign of a rookie coach.

P.s. Well done!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  6. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

Awesome write up! Glad to see the Phins gettin a little love! 2 close wins to start the season have got us hopeful!

7. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

I'm gonna find a way to crawl out of the top 10 this season I can already feel it.

8. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

At least you found your way into it...

9. AWinkler02

AWinkler02 Walk On

I'm almost positive you'll be in it by the end of the year.

10. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Looks like the Browns have to make some more noise to get noticed. :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

Texans deserve some shine after pushing the Bengals around in wk2

12. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Nice write up. You got my Panthers down we like to go under the radar!!!!

13. AWinkler02

AWinkler02 Walk On

1.)Denver Broncos
    Broncos stay atop the list with a very convincing win against their division rivals Chargers. Broncos won the game 35-7 behind the arm of Peyton Manning and the playmaking ability of Quinton Carter. Who is going to take the Broncos down this season??
    2.)Washington Redskins
    Washington holds the number 2 spot with a very big win against the Detroit Lions. One would say it was the game of the week but Washington was able to show just how dominant they are. Redskins took the game by a score of 45-28 behind RG3 and their great defense. I'll tell you one thing I'd put my money down on RG3 as MVP. Another question of Who is going to take the Redskins down this year?
    3.)Tennessee Titans
    Tennessee was able to jump up to the number 3 spot with their win over Jacksonville. Titans were able to win the game 34-23. They were able to win the turnover battle scoring 3 turnovers and their pass rush played lights out coming up with 5 sacks. Looks like Tennessee is playing behind their defense this year.
    4.)San Francisco 49ers
    San Francisco leaped up to number 4 this week with a big win over the Browns. Holding the Browns to just 3 points they looked excellent on the Defensive side of the ball. The offense was a little shaky for the 9ers this time out but you have to do a lot to move the ball on this Defense. Teams are going to have to study all week on these guys if they want to put up points on them.
    5.)New England Patriots
    New England dropped to number 5 with a heart breaking loss to the Miami Dolphins. Every expert would say they should not have lost that game. They out gained the Dolphins 402-198 yards on offense. They did lose one margin which usually will lose or win the game for you and that was turnovers. Patriots turned it over 4 times and I don't care if you are Tom Brady, you will have a tough time winning with that many turnovers. Tom and the Patriots look to recover against a very good Cincinnati team.
    6.)Detroit Lions
    Detroit fell to number 6 this week with a loss to the Washington Redskins. Detroit has all the offense in the world but trying to outscore teams all the time won't get you the win every time. Coach Element needs to light a fire under this defenses ass. Redskins are a very good team but you can't be giving up 45 points to anyone! Look for Detroit to try and rebound against the Denver Broncos in week 3, game of the week.
    7.)Carolina Panthers
    Panthers get a slight bump to number 7. Carolina was able to man handle the Saints 27-6. Their defense played great but the win came from Cam Newton, posting 259yds with 2TD. I'd like to say again these Panthers are a scary team and shouldn't be taken lightly.
    8.)Miami Dolphins
    Miami Dolphins jump to 8 with a huge win over their division opponents Patriots. Although it was sloppy and they were out gained, the Dolphins found a way to put together the win. That's all that matters is putting together wins. The Dolphins are another team trying to fly under the radar but with their win this week it put them up on notice. Even though it's early in the season I would say Coach AWall has been able to boost this franchise in the right direction.
    9.)Houston Texans
    A lot of experts believed they should have already been in the top 10 and they proved that they do belong this week. In a very wet game against the Bengals the Texans were able to collect a win, winning 23-6. Not much offense here, making this a defensive battle. Texans won that battle causing 4 turnovers. Watch out for this Texans defense as they were able to hold their opponents under 10 points both weeks so far. Looking like the top defense in the NFL.
    10.)Chicago Bears
    Chicago finishes the list in at number 10. In both of their games they have been able to make a great all around team collaborated effort. They look very solid showing the Lions and Packers that they can hold their ground and make an effort to win the NFC North this year. Another scary defense here I would watch out for this hard hitting team.

Finishing close-
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Pittsburgh Steelers.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  14. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

Awesome write up again AWinkler02 Im looking forward to these every week now, fun reads.

• Like Like x 1
  15. oneshot24

oneshot24 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  16. AWinkler02

AWinkler02 Walk On

1.) Denver Broncos
    Broncos hold strong at number 1. Taking down the Detroit Lions is a big win and a bit of a statement, showing that they aren't going to relinquish their title easily. Denver won the game 37-27 bringing them to 3-0 on the season. Helping bring home the win was Willis McGahee running the ball very successfully. Coach Winkler and Denver focus their attention to Oakland this upcoming week.
    2.) Washington Redskins
    Washington holds down number 2 beating the Dallas Cowboy twice in three weeks. I feel like I am on repeat with these Redskins, saying RG3 was flawless again and their defense making plays again. I'll tell you one thing I wish I could see number 1 and 2 go at it right now!
    3.) San Francisco 49ers
    The 9ers were able to jump the Titans in the Rankings after another great win. Taking down their divisional rival Seattle Seahawks 33-23. The defense was played good enough while Kaepernick and the offense brought it home. I repeat, VERY SCARY TEAM this year!!
    4.) Tennessee Titans
    Tennesse held on to remain undefeated but was skipped because they haven't looked as dominant. But you don't have to be dominant in this league to win it all, just have to finish and that is what they are doing. Jake Locker was able to have some success throwing the ball, maybe because he was able to throw quite a few times this game. One moment you think you have a team figured out they switch their gameplan up a bit.
    5.) New England Patriots
    The Patriots hold down the 5 spot with a big win over the Bengals. We saw a different side of the Patriots this week. They played hard fought defense, holding the Cincy to just 14 points. Although Brady was held just to 164 yards, he was very efficient and didn't make any mistakes.
    6.) Carolina Panthers
    Panther scootch on up one more spot the number 6. Their game against the Falcons might go as the most exciting on the year. Panthers hauled down a hail mary pass as time expired to win the game 38-31. Doesn't get much more exciting than that folks! Cam Newton was very successful this week throwing for 296 yards and 4 touchdowns. Way to put on a show guys!
    7.) Miami Dolphins
    Miami slides up to number 7 with a win over the Cleveland Browns. Miami's D line looked very sharp in this game gathering 5 sacks and leading their team to a victory with the score of 33-20. I also feel like I am on repeat with this team, having their coach turning around the franchise and being able to come up big in the right times. What can yous say, coach AWall knows how to win ball games. My early vote for Coach of the Year.
    8.) Houston Texans
    In many eyes Houston should be much higher. They're defense is stellar allowing the least amount of yards per game and only giving up 6.5 points per game. I would rate them higher if their offense can prove something, as of right now it has been all defense for the Houston Texans. But the word of the wise says defense wins championships, so I could easily be proved wrong. The Texans defense could meet their match this coming week against the Atlanta Falcons. Tune in!
    9.) Chicago Bears
    Chicago Bears move up to 9 with a rout over the Arizona Cardinals. 41-17. The Cardinals could not do anything on offense making the Bears look like a brick wall. With Bears being sharp on D all they needed from Cutler was for him to be effecient. And that he was throwing for only 186 yards but having 4 touchdowns to go with it. Bears focus their attention to the highly talented offense of the Detroit Lions.
    10.) Pittsburgh Steelers
    Pittsburgh made the cut at number 10 with a very convincing win over the Baltimore Ravens. The defense was very sharp managing to intercept Vince Young twice and holding Ray Rice to just 42 yards on the ground. The offense was pretty balance for the Steelers this week with Big Ben throwing for 161 yards and 2 touchdowns. Steelers look forward to their matchup against San Francisco this upcoming week. Should be one hell of a defensive battle.

In the hunt-
    Green Bay Packers
    New York Giants
    St. Louis Rams

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 8
  17. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

Steelers are there to stay in top 10 now! Big statement win opportunity against the 49ers in week 4...If I can get my twitch.tv acct setup...I'll try to stream it live..

• Like Like x 2
  18. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

Another great write-up. Nice to read

19. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

Nice nice! Good job. Vikings are still missing in your Rankings :)

20. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

great stuff wink!

21. AWinkler02

AWinkler02 Walk On

1.) Denver Broncos
    Denver continues to hold down the fort with a huge win over division rival Oakland Raiders. Denver Broncos looked unstoppable this week coming out with a heavy pass game and coming up with 4 turnovers on the day. Manning finished with 270 yards and 5 touchdowns. What it came down to was D.J Williams causing 2 fumbles and coming up with 2 sacks. Final score 51-24. The Broncos focus their attention to San Diego next week, second time seeing them in this young season.
    2.) Washington Redskins
    Washington holds down the 2 spot with a huge win over a very good competitor the New York Giants. The story of this game was turnovers. Washington had 7 takeaways, no one can win a game when you have that many turnovers. Redskins had a very balance offense in this game RG3 finishing with 209 yards passing and 3 touchdowns, while Alfred Morris finished with 128 yards rushing and 1 rushing touchdown. Washington is hungry to take over that number one spot. They turn there focus to a less than average team Buffalo Bills.
    3.) San Francisco 49ers
    San Francisco plays a hard fought defensive game to retain number 3. In the game of the week the 9ers were able to win 30-17 over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Kaepernick was able to put together a good game and carry his team to the victory with 277 yards passing and 2 touchdowns. San Francisco is getting more confident with every win.
    4.) Tennessee Titans
    Tennessee puts together a very balanced attack to get the win over the Baltimore Ravens this week. They continue to put enough effort to get through the game and get the win. There are some doubters on this team since their games finish so closely. But I say who cares as long as they do just enough to get the win. Look for the Titans to finish deep in the playoffs if not the Super Bowl.
    5.) New England Patriots
    Patriots hold down their 5 spot with a bye week. They got to rest up and put a well thought gameplan against their week 5 matchup Tennesse Titans. My game of the week to watch is Patriot vs Titans. Stay tuned!
    6.) Carolina Panthers
    Cam Newton and the Panther rout division rival Tampa Bay 40-17. Cam Newton and his arm continue to prove his MVP candidacy. Although he threw 2 picks he was able to put up 297 yards and 2 touchdowns. This team looks to extend their undefeated record against a very good Lions team next week.
    7.) Miami Dolphins
    Miami continues to impress the league with a huge win over the Buffalo Bills 31-10. I have had nothing but good things to say about this team, probably my favorite underdog story so far this season. Like the Titans they do just enough to win games and that's all that matters. Frank Gore had a hayday on the ground running for 168 yards and a touchdown. Dolphins get a break from the action with a bye week next week.
    8.) Houston Texans
    Texans D shuts down receivers Roddy and Julio winning the game 29-24. Houston was able to show their defense is for real they held the best WR tandem to just 110 yards. If you can do that against those 2 you are a defense to not be reckoned with. Texans turn their attention to Oakland next week.
    9.) Green Bay Packers
    Green Bay comes up with a big win over the Minnesota Vikings. Aaron Rodgers leads his team to the win throwing for all the touchdowns and putting up 246 yards with a near perfect passer rating. Packers continue to put together nice wins. Look for this team to be near the top of the NFC and reaching the playoffs.
    10.) St. Louis Rams
    St. Louis rounds of the list this week getting a big win over a very strong defensive team of the Cincinnati Bengals. The Rams are making a name for themselve with two previous blowout wins and a close win over a very good coach and team. We have another underdog sneaking into the bunch. St. Louis looks to extend their win streak against the Cardinals this upcoming week.

Teams in the Hunt-
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Detroit Lions
    Jacksonville Jaguars

• Like Like x 3
  22. RRAHx2

I better be top 3 next week! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  23. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

The Rams are getting some love...i like that! :)

24. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

You certainly make a case for it RRAHx2 with a win over the Pats, I will say this though. Don't be surprised to see Will Atkinson rip off some wins even though the Seahawks are 0-4 because of Selvey retiring. He calls a very smart game and may sneak into a playoff slot. Heard it here first!

25. RRAHx2

Yeah all of his games have been close, from what I have seen. Very good for just transitioning over from NCAA.