Aztecs upend #13 Utah by 1 point!

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by OnIowa, Sep 12, 2010.

1. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Aztecs upend #13 Utah by 1 point!

Insane game! Scored 2TD in the final 1:49 to win by 1. San Diego State has now beaten both top 25 opponents and hold a 5-2 record overall.

San Diego Upsets #13 Utah At Home By 1 Point In A Thriller

San Diego State 34 vs. #13 Utah 33

"I can't believe it," said Coach E, "I honestly have no words to describe what I just saw, I'm on cloud 9 right now, give me a minute."

These words, coming from Coach E just minutes after his Aztecs defeated the #13 Utes of Utah by a score of 34-33. "Everyone thought we were down and out," said Coach E. The Aztecs trailed by 12 with only 1:49 left to play in the game, but the defense stood their ground and propelled the Aztecs to victory.

With Walter Kazee unable to go for the 3rd straight week, Coach E decided to rely heavily on Redshirt HB Adam Muema. I knew Adam could get the job done and that's all there is to it.

First Quarter:
    Utah drove the ball down the field earlier, but were stopped in the Aztec redzone and only left with a field goal. On the ensuing drive, San Diego State drove the ball fluidly with a drive that ended with a 16 yard TD pass from Ryan Lindley to tight end Bryce Quigley. End of the first quarter. SDSU 7 vs. Utah 3

Second Quarter:
    Utah opened the second quarter with a 3rd and 10 pass to WR DeVonte Christopher for a 47 yard TD. The teams went back and forth with unsuccessful drives until Utah drove and scored a 2yd touchdown on a run by QB Jordan Wynn with 1:36 to go in the half. However San Diego State responded and HB Adam Muema scored on a 35 yard rush to finish the half. Utah up by 3 at the half.SDSU 14 vs. Utah 17

Third Quarter:
    Utah State kicked a FG mid way through the third, but SDSU responded with a 1 yd TD rush by QB Ryan Lindley. After 3, the score was SDSU 21 vs. Utah 20

Fourth Quarter:
    On the first drive of the fourth quarter, Utah scored on a 9 yard TD pass, putting Utah up by 5. The next drive was a long one, San Diego State took it into the Utah redzone but were stopped at the 1 yard line on 3rd down. Coach E decided to go for it, but Adam Muema was stopped. On the very next play, Utah HB Princeton Collins broke two tackled and took the ball 95 yards for the score. Utah was up 12 with 1:49 to play. :28 later, QB Ryan Lindley dropped back for the pass and hit TE Bryce Quigley for an 82 yard TD, the Aztecs were down 5 with 1:21 to play. San Diego State failed to recover the onside kick. Utah looked as if they would end the game on a 3rd and 1, but the Aztec defense penetrated the line and stopped the Utes. With :43 left, Utah missed a 50 yard field goal, giving the Aztecs one drive, with no timeouts to win the game. On the second play of the drive, Ryan Lindley hit WR David Lamar in stride for a 67 yard TD pass. The Aztecs did fail the 2 point conversion, leaving them up 1 point and Utah :33 to win the game with a field goal. On 2nd down Utah QB Jordan Wynn hit the TE over the middle who was running upfield into field goal range when he was hit by Aztec linebacker Mike Burris who forced and recovered the fumble. Aztecs win. SDSU 34 vs. Utah 33

SDSU Players of the Game:
    Ryan Lindley 15 of 23 for 375 yards and 3TD, 5 rushes for -3 yards and 1TD
    Adam Muema 18 rushes for 145 yards and 1 TD
    Bryce Quigley 7 catches for 209 yards and 2 TD

Utah Players of the Game:
    Jordan Wynn 19 of 30 for 317 yards and 2TD
    Princeton Collins 2 rushes for 125 yards and 1TD

The Aztecs take on much improved conference foe New Mexico next week. And hope to have All-American hopeful Walter Kazee back in the starting lineup.

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Congrats bro. That's a huge win for your program.

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

very well done!!(y)