B1G Issue

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jun 10, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I think there's a flaw in our current setup with the B1G. With eliminating Ohio St and Penn St but allowing Dakota to take Wisconsin is putting anyone else in that division in a HUGE hole. Considering Ohio St won't have Pryor and Penn St is really young, you could argue that Wisconsin may be the best team in that division. Then trying to make someone else pick from Illinois, Purdue or Indiana is not fair (even if it is Randy that gets stuck there :)). That's a huge disadvantage in that division alone.

We probably have 2 choices:

1 - Let someone run with Penn St.
    2 - Move 5 star ND into that division
    3 - Swap a team from the other B1G division like Iowa or Northwestern (I'm not sure NW competes with Wisconsin either though) to level the playing field

Another option is for nobody to be Wisconsin, but I don't think that solves the problem either because I doubt you find 2 people interested in the remaining teams of Illinois, Purdue, and Indiana. Then the B1G falls apart.

Thoughts?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I was thinking the same thing and I know that Randi said he'd go wherever we need him, but it's really not fair to stick him with Illinois or Purdue in a division with CPU aOSU (who'll still recruit like a freaking monster), PSU and a user controller Wisconsin.

The solution I came up with was to allow Nebraska (or Iowa if that's who they preferred) to move from the Legends to Leaders. While I don't like custom conferences, since the 12 team B1G is new, I wouldn't have an issue with that (as opposed to swapping established SEC teams). The biggest problem would be that you're loading the Leaders (6* aOSU, 6* PSU, 5* Wisconsin, 5* Nebraska) vs. the Legends (5* Michigan, 5* Iowa). Instead of swapping Nebraska with an Illinois, we might want to swap them out for PSU which'd give both divisions 1 6* and 2 5*s.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GoGators

That would probably work with the ability to customize rivalries. If we couldn't do that it would break things down since MSU vs PSU I would think is the locked rivalry. You can move PSU, and then just change MSU's rivalry to whoever the new user is.

4. jello1717

Nope. MSU v. PSU makes too much sense as a protected crossover game. Instead MSU got Indiana?!? PSU got Nebraska (which would work perfectly in this scenario, not that I was thinking of that when I suggested it).

5. jello1717

If you care, these are the protected crossover games:

UofM/aOSU
    MSU/IU
    PSU/Neb
    NW/Ill
    Iowa/Pur
    Wisc/Minn

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Swapping Iowa or Neb for PSU sounds like a very fair trade in the big ten. If we do this I would prefer to be in the big ten. I like playing against JC, Suge, and Dakota. They each play a very different style that makes it very challenging.

7. GoGators

Fixed it! LOL....just playing. I'll be happy when everybody gets a team they WANT to play with. If you're happy to use one of those two, awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GoGators

Just thinking some more, we could redo the divisions in the B1G in a bigger way too. I know there was a lot of debate on how to split the conference when it was formed so what if we did something like:

OSU
    Michigan
    Wisconsin
    Minnesota
    Iowa
    Purdue

Penn St
    Nebraska
    Michigan St
    Indiana
    NW
    Illinois

Then cross conference rivalries = MSU vs Michigan & Wisconsin vs Nebraska.

Or something of the sort? It's not like we have to worry about traveling costs of games.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Yeah I would be happy playing as either Iowa or Nebraska. I would have to sit on it though and decide if I want to play with the Mexican Jesus or the tough and gritty pro style that Iowa brings to the table.

10. jello1717

Keep in mind that if you choose Nebraska you'll have the same issue as Utah where you're not in the same conference as all of your rivals so won't have great games for which to bring recruits. At least you're a 5* though, so that'll help.

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Eh, I think they will be ok. I'll probably make my decision on which one when I can actually see a roster, which seems like it will be about a week before the game is released.

12. GoGators

I gotta imagine EA updated some rivalry games for those schools. But I have overestimated EA before though....:(

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I like this better than what they actually did. Barry Alvarez would be happy.

14. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

so how is the sec looking to shape up?

15. jello1717

In the West we have you with Ole Miss and in the East we have Texaco with USC-Jr

In the East we have Me wanting Georgia as my #1 (really #2 since LSU was taken away) pick and Bill wanting Tennessee as his #1 pick. Bill's #2 pick is Georgia. In the West Bill has Arkansas as his #3 choice.

16. GoGators

1. I played a play now game with Oregon today and man.....after racking up 300+ yards on the ground, all I could think was why did I suggest this 6 star cap. So I know how you feel with LSU.

2. I think if it was anybody else besides you, Bill would gladly volunteer to take Arkansas. But because it's you, he's not going to do it and you're not going to budge either cause you two just love playing swords together apparently.

17. jello1717

What does Bill have against me?

18. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Nothing. But why should I give in anymore than you? I already did and let tex take the Gamecocks because they were his favorite team.

I was the new guy last year and had last pick. I don't see why this year is different.

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Gouda, provolone and cheddar, to be specific.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

Moving ND into the conference wouldn't be a bad idea. Nor would letting some be Penn State, they aren't contenders at this point and they don't dominate recruiting.

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I swear some of you are going to think that I am bipolar here.

I don't think I really don't think it would be best for me to use ND here. There is WAY too much competition and everyone is very good. It would lead to me having to buy new controllers again and I don't want that. This past title has reduced me to a wired controller that I used for my PC because I broke my other 2, well technically I broke 3. I used the good parts from the 2 broken ones to make a good one, and then I broke that one.

This was my first year here at tradition and I wasn't used to the level of competition, I was used to beating on guys from OS. I have calmed down a ton though, so no worries....lol

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Haha I've broken a controller or two since joining but I too have calmed down. Just get something soft to punch. I use my bean bag chair, really helps. Saves money too.

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I don't know if it is just me, but punching a pillow or something soft does nothing but make me even more angry.

I need to be careful though, I have my box hooked up to my oversized computer monitor at my desk and there are times when I find my self doing the hulk smash on my desktop. Good thing it is a really well built desk.

24. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

you are

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1