B1G Preview and Freshman Spotlight

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MaxATX34, Jun 29, 2013.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BRUCE80 looks like he might have the best team in the West. Nebraska has great players at key positions, and where they dont boast superstars they have solid players/good depth. At a glance, one can see that their best upperclassmen are on the offensive side of the ball, but the Husker's young talent is on defense. If Bruce can fill the impending holes at OL while the defense rounds into true "Blackshirts" form, the Huskers will contend.

[​IMG]

(RS)Freshman QB Tommy Armstrong Jr. looks like a promising young signal-caller. He has the speed to run away from defenses, and his arm will probably end up being better than T. Martinez's when its all said and done. The Huskers also have a bunch of Freshman LBs starting, but @ 83 OVR I thought I'd highlight this guy.

---

[​IMG]

Sgt Jowers starts off his first season in T1 with the Wildcats, and year 1 should be fun at Northwestern. Like Nebraska, the Wildcats have a talented Senior QB with a penchant for scrambling in Kain Colter. Colter will be handing off to Senior RB's Venric Mark (Speedster) and Mike Trumpy (Power). Trumpy looks like the every-down back, but Venric has some deadly speed. The Defense is another story. They look decent enough to compete, but are razor thin in some areas. Conditioning will be paramount as the talent level drops significantly when the back-ups come in.

[​IMG]

Ifeadi Odenigbo is one back-up who looks ready to shine, though. The (RS)Freshman is slotted in at OLB and has that "suddenness" to his game (88 Acceleration). At 6'3 220lb he could probably put his hand on the ground at DE as well. Future monster at LB.

---

[​IMG]

jms493 is looking to recreate the success he had at Wiscy all those years ago. However, there is work to be done if the Badgers are going to reach their former glory. The OL is weak. Wisconsin is usually known for their great offensive lines, but with the departure of Bielema & co. the OL has suffered. That will need to be shored up along with the QB position. Looking at the Depth Chart for QB is confusing. To me, it looks like the Badger's best QB is their lowest rated.

[​IMG]

Speaking of QBs, the Badgers have a good (RS)Freshman in Bart Houston who is only the 3rd highest rated QB on the team. He has the best arm of the bunch by a mile. Personally speaking, my QB Depth chart at Wisconsin year 1 would go from Lowest -> Highest OVR lol

---

[​IMG]

HotRod takes over the Terps. What can I say except "get your licks in while you can?" Yea, Maryland sucks but we all know HotRod will have them competitive in short order. Maryland's best player is probably Stefon Diggs, their Sophomore WR. The DL looks a little weak, but the LB crew and Corners are stout. Maryland plays in a tough division, and their rivals would do well to keep the Terps down as long as possible.

[​IMG]

Not much to choose from here. The Terps are really hurting for young talent (outside of Diggs) compared to the rest of the league. HR will have (RS)Freshman WR Amba Etta to throw to. He has the size and speed to turn into a great target for whatever freak HR will put at QB.

---

[​IMG]

JSimms joins T1 as Sparty and inherits a great looking team. The Spartans are solid and after a quick skim of the roster I didnt see a single guy that I would want to cut ASAP. The Spartans are known for their defense (except IRL they run a Cover 4 and that defense doesnt work in the game like it should lol) but their offense is primed to compete this year. The OL isnt great, but it has the chance to grow into a good unit. Michigan State might have the best Front-7 in the league.

[​IMG]

If the Spartans are looking to build an offense, they have a QB that looks good enough to build around in Tyler O'Connor. O'Connor is big and has a solid arm. With some time in MSU's S&C program he could turn into a great QB that takes MSU to the BCS.

---

[​IMG]

Mogriffjr takes Penn State, opening the door for an entire season of tasteless jokes. Pedo jokes aside, this PSU team is still feeling the effects of their recent troubles. Linebacker U has been almost totally depleted. A lone white Mike remains, but he looks great (90 OVR). A true Freshman QB named Christian Hackenberg will come in and perhaps take the starting job outright. I wont spotlight him, but he has a cannon and is relatively mobile for a kid that is 6'4.

[​IMG]

Thought I'd change it up here and list a DB. (RS)Freshman corner Da'Quan Davis already looks like a lock down Corner. Right behind him is fellow Freshman DB Jake Kiley. Great Jumping/Hands/MCV ratings should lead to quite a few INTs over the course of this Nittany Lion's career.

The Tradition

• Like Like x 9
  2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Great stuff, MaxATX34! Considering the fact that I've NEVER played a down of the NCAA series, Michigan State is definitely a wild card this year in the B1G. I've always done well in Madden; I'm just not sure how it will translate to the college game. Recruiting? Pipelines? Redshirt strategies? Ya, I'm clueless on all fronts...can't wait!

• Like Like x 3
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

That is really cool. You will have a blast! I think the gameplay translates pretty well (at least it has in the past) but recruiting is its own animal haha

I know HotRod, MoGriff, and jms are good recruiters so learn it fast!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great stuff Max :5stars:

• Like Like x 1
  5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Max stepping up his game for 14....nice write up!

• Like Like x 2
  6. jfosh

jfosh Super

1 out of 3 here

• Like Like x 2
  7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Yeah fosh, I take that as a slap in the face!;)

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Just saw this and awesome job Max...I'll definitely like the core of my CB's which are young...we'll see how they hold up.