Back and Forth Game for the Falcons and Lions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Michael Overman, May 15, 2013.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

[​IMG]

The Colts and Falcons both came into this matchup...knowing it would be a battle. That is just what occured, a blow for blow battle, that only truly ended in the final 40 seconds.

Defenses were holding their own early, as the first quarter ended in no score. If the Falcons and Colts were playing chess, nobody was showing their hand yet. A few third down conversions were had, but none were enough to get some points on the board.

[​IMG]

Eventually the scoring would start, and again it was in a blow for blow format...if one team scored, the other usually followed up with a corresponding and equal response. Both myself and James took advantage of each others miscues while usering the safety position. There was more then a few times, where you could tell we were guessing the right route to jump, but just couldn't quite get our guys in the right position.

I enjoyed the battle immensely James (cry_havoc. Reggie Bush was beasting out on his runs, I had trouble containing him. Conversely I couldn't get anything going with Steven Jackson at all, not for lack of trying. Steven had well more carries then Bush, but couldn't dent that stingy run defense of the Lions. In the end it was the passing game that bailed out the Falcons with some clutch throws by a hit or miss Matt Ryan. Julio Jones, Steve Smith, and TE Oliva made enough clutch catches to put the Falcons in the drivers seat as they were able to end the game with a time expiring field goal.

GG

LIONS 28
    FALCONS 31

• Like Like x 3
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

• Like Like x 2
  3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Oh my ...ahhhaa I see what you did there...um I see what I did there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pray for Me...I'll be okay

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Nice win Michael!

• Like Like x 1
  5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

hahahhahah I cant believe ive left that much of an impression on the Colts.

Overall just a flat out fun game...Michael you did your job by converting on all of my miscues. Straight up solid play on your half.

• Like Like x 2