Back Home Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Hey guys,

As many of you know, I'm out of town dealing with some family business. Most people assume that "family business" means someone is very ill, which, in this case, is correct.

I'll be home tomorrow, but I may be travelling a bit more as time passes. We know what is going to happen, but we don't know when, so things are a little up in the air.

I'm sure most of you have had to deal with this kind of thing at some point, so you likely have an idea what's happening and the kinds of duties involved in the process. We simply go where we need to go, and stay as long as we are needed.

This place is terribly small in comparison to the responsibilities we all have outside of it, but it is still nice to know that eleven guys are willing to suffer an inconvenience so that one guy can have one less thing to worry about when times are tough. I don't really know any of you, nor do you know me, but small gestures seem larger at times like these, and I appreciate the patience.

But I still want Michigan to lose all their games next year. :)

AG

2. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Cool- no worries Arch- Take care of the family...A little offseason break makes the opening week that much more exciting!

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Arch,

We might not know each other, but we do know each other. My prayers are with you in this tough time.

4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I think i just went through the "the family Business" that you are talking about in early December. Take as much time you as you need, because we all know that family is what is really important.

5. TD351

TD351 Walk On

BTW- I am out of town thru Sunday so I would appreciate an open Week1 if possible

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

Ditto, take as long as needed. Real life is way more important.

7. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Do what you have to do, Archie. I have no problem with waiting until you're ready and able.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Good to have you back, man.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Good to be back. I may be leaving again, but I won't have any issues shifting commish if I need to. I write and teach writing for a living, so I get the call when things like obituaries and eulogies need to be written. I'm pretty honored to do it, but it can take some time to do it right. If I have to leave again, that will be the reason, and I won't be asking for any kind of hold at all. I won't need it.

Thanks again,

AG

10. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

You're a writer? That's cool. What kind of stuff do you write?

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You name it, I've published it - everything short of a novel, that is. I've been in a lot of lit journals attached to different universities, and low budget poetry rags (they're all low budget, actually) and I publish some local stuff for a downtown paper that is sold to fund homeless shelters. Lots of local names donate their work. I am among the lesser of those names. I'm currently working on my first serious project, but I'm not quite sure where it's going yet.

12. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Nice. I'd love to read something you wrote.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

My Blog

Here's a blog I keep. I don't write in it very much, but over the past few years, I've managed to put a few things up. I never edit anything I post, so you're looking at a first draft of everything, with the exception of a couple of things that are previously published elsewhere.

14. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

cool. i'll check it out.

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

You certainly have a talent for writing AG, and your daughter is adorable. Thanks for sharing your blog.