Back in Business

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Colemanchu, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Back in Business

Hey guys the new invites are out. We are back at week 2, the users who lost their games are on auto except for FSU, who lost to computer USF. Everbody needs to do their recruiting and play their games over.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Invites all sent. I think its an option to sim the game yourself and if the outcome is bad or injuries happen we can throw it out and try again.

The plan is to move through this week on Wednesday give the file back to AG and get to week 3 by Thursday.

The faster we pound through this the quicker we move to the next week.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'll do my recruiting tonight (sometime after 6pm MDT).

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Being able to sim is important. It could be a major pain to play the game and then have someone get hurt and have to play it again. Between the possibility of losing or having someone on either team get injured, you could end up spending hours getting the result right.

So correct me if I'm wrong- I'm going to recruit, then go in and sim the ND-Michigan game. If there's an injury or ND loses, Bruce will throw out the result and resim? Actually, wouldn't it be easier if Bruce just took care of the simming part? Then he could reset as many times as needed without coordinating with us?

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

There is no option for the commish to sim your game. The only way to sim your game is if you do it yourself or when Bruce advances to week 3, which does no good because if the wrong team loses it cant be fixed. The fastest way to do this may be to just play our games over, its a pain but not much can be done. Or else you can get with Bruce and try to be online at the same time, that way if you sim and something goes wrong he can throw out the results right away and you can try again.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm gonna hop on and recruit, then make sure I beat OU, here in a little bit.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'm all set...

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

So, why didn't Cole or Bruce just turn the injuries off before hosting the game like MurkYa suggested? Was it already too late or something?

9. BRUCE80

I am going to get online and be online for most of the day, if you can and want me to just get with me and we can sim and throw games out and get it done quick.

Good question J, I am very inexperienced at the commish thing, I am just trying to get it right so we can move on.

This should fix our dynasty file issues also.

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Turning off injuries would have made sense. Oh well.

I will recruit, sim my game, and if either team gets an injury or I lose, I'll shoot a message to Bruce to throw it out.

I don't see any difference between me playing the game and simming it. Injuries could happen or I could lose in either case. Playing just takes an hour longer.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Gators are finished and ready to go.

UF - 42
    OU - 24

Took me SIX times to super sim the game so that I won. No injuries for Florida, forgot to check OU, hopefully nothing serious if any.

12. BRUCE80

OU is clear.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I dont think we have to worry about injuries during sims. I dont think they happen.

14. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Make sure there are no injuries to the Nebraska roster.

15. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Nice work guys. Congrats on getting right as usual!

16. BRUCE80

They are clear. You still need to do your recruiting.

17. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Recruiting is finished. The QB that committed to me week 2 did not commit this time around? How are we going to handle that?

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Any users competing with you for him? It would be the right thing to do for any users competing withdrew any scholarship offers, IF that's what you wanted. It would really be up to you to request that.

19. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

No user had offered him through week 2. He had about 5-6 users on his top 10 list though. Not sure if anyone is actively recruiting him. #14 QB Ryan Alford.

20. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

First sim resulted in a 55-20 ND win. Funny enough, the same guy I had injured the first time around got injured again. Except he's out 2 weeks instead of 1. I'll live with it.

Stats were pretty bad, sorry Jello. Forcier had a bad game. Clausen's stats were good and unfortunately, Michael Floyd had a HUGE day with 200 yards and 4 tds (I'm hoping he sticks around next year and this won't help).

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

So what's the plan? AG still has to sim his game and recruit, but I haven't logged into the dynasty in a bit. Is he it? If so, when he is finished with his stuff, we should be able to advance the week, he takes the file offline, BRUCE retires the dynasty, and AG gets the new invites out? That would put us back in a great place.

Kudos to everyone on this one. From Cole and BRUCE getting the file hosted to everyone getting their stuff done. This helped out everyone in the league, including our commish who I am sure is growing a bit tired of all of these EA blunders (might be an understatement).

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

so everyone is done besides AG, if so that is a hell of a turnaround.

23. BRUCE80

I think you should get him.

24. BRUCE80

Glad to help out. This should fix the main file also. It was plagued first in the offseason then in week two.

By doing what we have done it should clear the EA bugs out of it for now at least. Same issues in T1 were fixed by doing what we just did.

25. BRUCE80

AG and Amp are all thats left.

Amp needs to do his recruiting and lose to the CPU and AG needs his win and recruiting.