Back to 10 and the future of OOC user games

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

jandy Jbek Glen Cieske MrWitness36 LTL7360 cmassey13 cyhiphopp Antonio T.

Please welcome back KNICKSFAN_84 who will become the 10th user in Chompions league while taking over the Nebraska Cornhuskers. This brings the total of B1G teams to 5, matching the PAC 12 (14/16?)

As you've already seen by now, we have a bit of a clusterfuck at the top of the standings, as basically every user has lost to one user but beaten another. It's been an interesting round robin, but it's very possible that there will be a ton of controversy when it comes to who plays for the crystal ball.

It's of my opinion that, assuming we are still at 10 in the offseason, should do away with out of conference user games. With five teams in the conference people will generally be playing at least 3 user games in conference in the regular season, possibly 4. Without the extra game against a team from the other conference, this would add an emphasis to winning those crucial conference games and will help to establish rivalries within the conferences. Additionally, it will help to ensure that the B1G and Pac 12 winners meet in the national title game.

User's out of conference schedules would then consist of home-and-homes with top CPU teams from the SEC/ACC/Big 12 so that we can knock those teams out of title contention (or perhaps they can do the same to us, as I believe the CPU has been more challenging this year after slider changes).

Of course, two of our user divisions are only going to have 2 user teams in them. Theres a small chance that these teams could only catch 2 user games in conference during a given year -- their protected crossover and their division mate. When this happens, then we would set up a one-off neutral site game (ill ensure that it's actually a neutral site game) between users from the B1G and Pac 12. All that I'm saying is teams wouldn't be guaranteed an OOC user game on a yearly basis.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 3
  2. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Welcome back KNICKSFAN_84 I just joined back myself. Good idea commish I like the thought best of PAC vs B1G.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

It can double up too -- have B1G vs Pac 12 in the Rose Bowl and NC. I just think we're confusing the poll logic too much with all of these user games happening between two conferences. Have you seen the differences between the coaches and media poll!

4. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I see its loaded with 1 lost teams users and the cpu all undefeated in top 5 rankings. I like the feel of seeing who has the best conference.

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Awesome that we are filling back up!

I agree that non-con and up to 4 conference user games would be a bit too crazy.

If we have the protected rivalries it will help ensure that most everyone plays a similar number of user games.

• Like Like x 2