Back to Back for Nebraska

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The score was 31-27 after OSU just hit 2 FG's in the 3rd quarter while shutting out Nebraska in that same quarter. What was working on offense wasn't going to work against OSU who was very aggressive up front.

"We gotta spread them out, they can't go toe to toe with our WR's out there," said coach moreecemos. Nebraska ditched a 2nd half adjustment to pound the rock because OSU simply manhandled them up front and destroyed plenty of runs, making Trey Smith ineffective.

Before this Nebraska was riding high, getting out to a 17-0 1st quarter lead and seemingly in the drivers seat for this game. But OSU went exclusively 3-4 WR sets, to get their SR-WR Ty Williams on the field, a 6'5" 98 spd monster in the slot. "We knew where they wanted to work so we put our best cover CB, Josh Stuckey on him the whole game in the slot...Stuckey hasn't played slot since his freshman year here but he played well I felt," said coach Moreecemos. OSU's gameplan of working Williams didn't work at 1st as he threw 3 INT's in the 1st quarter alone but as Nebraska continued to key in on the speedy slot guy, their TD's came on 3 long passes to their #1 and 2 WR's, Heinz and Reed. Heinz in the 2nd quarter caught a 66yd and 21 yd beating his man off the line and Reed was hit with a 80 yard bomb to bring them to a 31-21 halftime lead.

They continued to work the middle of the field with Williams and TE Heuerman but the Nebraska defense made some key stops holding them to FG's.

For a quarter and a half, OSU was moving the ball at will and finally Nebraska went to a look that got them 3INT's in the 1st quarter. They shadowed Williams in the slot with Stuckey and Santos and played deep since OSU was throwing down field a lot. The result was 3 more INT's, taking the ball away from Miller 6 times off picks. Nebraska would capitalize on the turnovers, scoring 21 unanswered points to win 52-27.

We came in with a great gameplan and they adjusted...we finally adjusted back at the right time...this game is about adjustments and we have the best staff here in the world," said CB Josh Stuckey. The win gives Nebraska back to back titles under Coach Moreecemos.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

GG, Mogriffjr My guys just couldn't put 4 quarters together. Hell, we couldn't start in the first, and we couldn't finish in the 4th. And in the second, I decided to redecorate the room by throwing my controller. Not sure I should continue this for my well-being.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    your best quarter was 2nd though lmao...that and the 3rd.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Yeah, but that's when you had that run where all my guys expected someone else on the team to make the tackle. They all freaking stood there and watched.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Fucking Fuckeyes....play some defense:doodie:

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Stanford would like a piece of Nebraska next season, kick off classic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

LMAO When i saw that i just bust out laughing

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I'll try out my new offense against you ;)