Back to Normal; Nebraska downs PSU

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It seems very year, the Big 10 lately is coming down to PSU and Nebraska. Nebraska has been getting the upper hand on PSU for Big 10 supremacy until last year when PSU beat them twice to win their 1st big 10 title.

So it was of utmost importance that Nebraska regain their title and focus over a team they have dominated since Coach Moreecemos stepped onto campus.

The previous game against Michigan, Nebraska had gotten their run game going and it was key in order for the Cornhuskers to win this game as well. But disaster struck when star RB Maurice Bryant suffered a mild concussion and was knocked out for the game.

Backup Justin Howell was ready for action but his game is more about his excellent hands than anything. He's been running to the tune of 7.9 a carry but he's strictly a change of pace type back and one that Nebraska likes to catch the defense off guard with.

A slow start to the game combined with a missed FG by PSU kept the score 0-0 after the 1st quarter. The offense was slow and in snow, the coaches were reluctant to pass in inclement weather but they had to spread PSU out. And QB Jeff Lindsey found PSU's weakness...they love staying in base 4-4 defense.

PSU soon had no answer for Nebraska as QB Jeff Lindsey had free reign to make his own line calls. He ended up shredding a PSU defense where their whole defense will be NFL prospects to the tune of 302 yards and 3TD's. More importantly though was his continued effort to be careful with the ball as he threw no INT's for the 2nd game in a row.

Nebraska defense meanwhile was torched by RB Maurice West and QB Ryan Stark. Stark ran for 84 yards while West broke several runs to the tune of 227 yards and 2TD's. Nebraska really didn't have an answer for West even though most of his yards came either at the beginning of the game or in the 4th quarter. Nebraska did a great job in pass defense as Stark completed 1 pass for 19 yards in 5 attempts while throwing a costly INT which made up the only turnover on the game. Towards the end when Nebraska needed to key down and PSU needed more than 10 yards, they really couldn't convert in the 4th quarter and Nebraska managed to hold on to a 28-24 win

• Like Like x 1
  2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

I wish you wouldn't look at me like that

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Somebody get PSU a QB Coach!

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Man I got some sort of tunnel vision going on......I think these running QBs are bad for me TBH.

[​IMG]

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    it's good to know Jay Paterno is still employed ;)

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Lets not forget this BS.....Mo needs plays like these.

FUCK!
    [​IMG]

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Man give me Ryan Stark, you don't deserve him.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I don't deserve the team! I can run well....hit A, push up.

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Hit the practice field!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Poor stark, he's like Tim tebow but without the 4th quarter heroics

Sidenote, I wonder if I can get the ok in switching my QB to a lefty (incoming freshman)

11. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am glad I wasn't the only one gashed by West.

12. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Mo, those all red jerseys are disgusting. And not in a good way. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL. I'm pretty sure I'm undefeated in the all-blood jersey combo. I'll be sure to wear them when I can in user games!