Back to Seattle?

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 5, 2010.

?

Should the new owner of the Hornets move team to Seattle or stay in New Orleans?

1. Yes, the NBA just doesn't feel right without the SuperSonics!!

40.0%
  2. No, keep in New Orleans that region needs a team more.

20.0%
  3. The new owner should move them to *Place City Here* because...

40.0%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

With the NBA on the verge of purchasing the Hornets from their current owner the chances of them staying in the NO is slim despite anything David Stern may disagree with. He wants them to stay to help the region after the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina, which included the 2009 All Star game, but New Orleans is one of the league's smallest markets. Any potential buyer would be looking to move the franchise and this is where I ask the question: Should the owner take the team to Seattle? Seattle misses their Sonics dearly and I know its not like having the Kevin Durants that were snatched from them but I think they'll support Chris Paul and the gang. So what do you guys think? Should the Hornets, if the new owner is willing, move the team back To Seattle?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I voted yes because New Orleans is just not a 'basketball' market... no owner should be subjected to play in that market and lose money... Seattle would welcome that club and support that team win, lose, or tie... the citizens of Washington state would ensure the NBA never had a reason to take their team again, I'd bet my life on that!

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

They would need to secure funding to build a new arena, which I'm sure isn't currently under construction which would make the Hornets essentially a lame duck team for a few years.

If I was David Stern I'd be doing everything in my power to get that team to Monterrey Mexico. But as a fan naturally I would prefer Seattle.

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I say move them to Arkansas so New Orleans and Seattle can go, "What the fuck? We lost teams to Oklahoma and Arkansas?" and cry in each other's arms

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

wtf why? You want them all kidnapped and held for ransom? lol

6. BDSDIGITAL

Because it opens up another huge market for the association. Monterrey is a city of about 2+ million with a state of the art arena already built. Giving the Mexican fan base a team to root for would be the best bang for their buck....

but yeah, the drug cartel thing is a bit disturbing.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

It would be the one of the most popular teams in the league... I rather see them go to Seattle. Move the Clippers down there because obviously they haven't realized LA belongs to the Lake Show

8. BDSDIGITAL

that's also a good idea

but the NBA is staying stead fast that the Hornets are staying in New Orleans and they are committed to the market and region. We'll see.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Man... might as well have a team in Afghanistan. At least there is an American military presence there.