Backbreaker Demo is live on Xbox...

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jms493, May 21, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Backbreaker Demo is live on Xbox...

Go see if it sucks or not!:D

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

this guy has some cool videos.

[youtube]APtDbdBRnaE[/youtube]

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Those playermodels suck.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Man, it's so fluid. It's amazing how much different it looks from the canned animations I've been seeing for the last decade.

The player models sucked in Tecmo Bowl, but that's the greatest football game of all time, don't recall you complaining about that. Undoubtedly the game will have it's flaws, but it does look good.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The player models in Tecmo were sprite based, and well proportioned, IMO.:)

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I would have rather they went with the conventional models but the masks save them from having to make individual faces. I dont know....it is not a sim game but the tackling/player interaction engine IMO is the future of Football games.

it will be fun to play in June while we wait for NCAA

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the only good thing about that game is the physics engine.. the rest of it is hot garbage based on those videos....

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

I agree the motions in this game seem so much more real and the animations are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than madden IMO but i dont know how much i exactly like the controls and the player build. Good game though to just get away from the norm of ncaa and madden, might actually consider buying this one lol

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Sherm you playin and not working lately?

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Is it on the PS Store yet?

11. GoGators

The player models in this are roid and HGH based! haha

I'll definitely check out the demo. I'd agree the gameplay will be stupid because of how they tried to differentiate it, but oh well. The engine is amazing.

@ noles

I've been unassigned at work this week and involved in some recruiting so I've had some free time. Don't worry, next week they're putting me back to the grind stone.

12. KnightNoles

unassigned or reassigned?

Im downloading the demo now

13. GoGators

unassigned....it's the term we use in the Bizz.

14. KnightNoles

so far, I dont really like it even though the gameplay is pretty fluid.

The first person camera I really dislike and after a possession on offense I am lost, defense isn't that difficult. Game is like Blitz on HGH, I wont buy the game but if NCAA gets the game engine but makes it better then I can't wait for the future.

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think I am going to try it out as well noles, not planning on buying though.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

another cool video.....as long as you know going in that this is not a SIMULATION football game then you could like it. The jumping QB throws are silly and some other throwing animation look like all arm and not legs. The kicking looks a bit off also. It looks fun to play and looks like there could be alot of crazy highlights that are going to be made as the possibilities are endless.

[youtube]X3g7FFvXYvQ[/youtube]

17. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I'm going to grab the demo as well. Ive been looking forward to this game coming out for 2 years but I am a simulation guy and not an arcade guy so I doubt I will be buying this but will add this to my gamefly to try it out when the full game is released.

Interested to see the customization options in the full game

18. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Great looking engine, but the QB throwing and kicking stuff is terrible looking and it runs like shit on the 360. Definitely not getting 60 frames (hence I think the reason why they went with the small camera angle).

Will be interesting to see if anything comes from this beyond what this company is doing. Hopefully someone with more time to pay attention to the finer details gets a hold of this engine and does something better than this with it.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I saw a video on another site and it was cool to see the quarterback throw the ball to the sideline but behind him, the receiver dropped it and it was called a fumble.

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Looks like something my ten year old son would love.

Me not so much. I do really like the tackle animations and some of the interaction when a pile of players is happening is really cool looking.

This has game engine has serious potential.

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I can't play it until tuesday but those videos look amazing. Just imagine what EA could do with that engine with their player models. I wish they swallow their damn pride and buy that engine or find something just like it.

In one vid, that interception was the greatest INT in football gaming history IMO. He actually tracked the ball, dove and cradled it before it hit the ground. Simply amazing. Can't wait to try the engine out, not to worried about the actual game itself because it looks to arcadish for me. But I probably would buy it if folks made NFL rosters/teams and had a league somewhere...