Bad Break.....video.

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Jun 3, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Bad Break.....video.

Well as alot of you know My Fiancee and I play racquetball at the highest level.

Last week we were in Houston for the 2010 US Nationals. Elise's first match of the Tournament she ran into a bit of trouble...........

I created a quick 2 min video b/c everyone in their mother is asking what happened.....check it out.

[youtube]hVZ-K6HR9F8[/youtube]

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

she could still whip your candy ass i bet....

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

so racquetball is big with the fetus demographic ...huh.... never knew.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

give her my best wishes.. i've torn ligaments down there before, hurt like a biznitch.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

she has to see a foot doctor tomorrow at 8 am.....the nurse said it looks badly dislocated.....We only hope for a dislocation.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I hope everything turns out fine man..

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Hope for the best JMS and that its just a sprain.

I have done that and seen it many times over the years and it hurts like heck at first.

From looking at the video it doesnt look like she turned it over all the way but it was a tweak so to speak. (easy for me to say)

My daughter just had a very similar injury in a bball game and was out for about three weeks in an air cast and then eased back into stuff.

Joints are nothing to mess with just like a back injury.

Best of luck.

8. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

This post is full of win.

Erhm.

Best wishes though JMS! Anyone who's had something happen to them during athletics knows what it's like! I'm sure she'll get back to full health in no time!

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

OUCH dude -- sorry to see that happen. I have had my left ankle sprained once and then run over by a car, and badly sprained my right ankle 3 times. Unfortunately, the ripple effects from that start in the legs and go upward, as far as changing posture when walking, etc. I have felt most the effects in my knees rather than my ankles.

I hope it works out as best as possible for her.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ouch looks like her foot slipped out a bit and turned sharply...that's why racquetball needs towel boys/girls...didn't they just fall down around that spot??

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

the pros have towel people....if it was a wet spot her foot would have completely gave out and would not have stuck.

Sweat on the court is usually not a problem until you dive and it is your responsibility to clean it up. If you have 2 divers that can really be annoying watching people clean up the court after every rally.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ouch dude that looked really painful. Honestly it looked like some of the stuff you see in NCAA where the guys ankles break and he keeps running...

Let her know that TF wishes her a speedy recovery.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well she is fucked.....torn Ligaments. 3 months before she can walk again. Going to be an excellent summer.

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

haha... put on the apron bitch and get to work....

oh, and get well soon Elise.. take your time and make sure you just relax on the couch for the full 90 days.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well I think she is leaving me for a while.It will be best she is goes home to mom and pops so her mom can take care of here full time.

I will be single for a few months....:violin:

16. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Damn, that sucks. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

SPANKTRAVISION..... (y)

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah going to have to order "Skinamax"

19. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Ouch, it took me a day before I could finally muster up the balls to watch it.

Hope she gets well soon.

20. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

ouch ... that didn't look good. hope she recovers soon.

last week a guy i take taekwondo with blew out his achilles tendon in a class. went up to try and do a kick, landed awkwardly and blew it out - the entire room heard the damn thing pop - sounded like somebody opening a bottle of snapple.

back when i was in college i severely sprained my ankle playing basketball, went to the hospital for x-rays and what not. the doc came in and gave me the "good news/bad news" speech. he told me the good news was it wasn't broken, just severely sprained. the bad news was it probably would have been best if i had just broken it because it would have healed better lol.

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Cast comes off Next week....been like 7 weeks on crutches. This is a girl that is active 5 days a week..she is going crazy. At least she went home to her parents house for a few weeks........kept me from going insane. The bad news was no sports in 2010....ugh.

Thank good it is a temporary injury. I am not sure how I would deal with a disability....tough.