Bad News Bears

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by H22APWRD94, Aug 13, 2010.

1. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Bad News Bears

On the recruiting trail this year, it has been reasonably slow so far. We picked up an early commit in Eugene Harper, a 6'0" 268lb Blocking FB out of Bryan, TX. Eugene has some decent speed, so he will be doing some work in our option game, and will also be a lead blocker for future running backs.

Another recruit we were able to latch on to was RB Tony Hickman. We should be redshirting this guy next year with the talent we have returning, but we will wait to see how he does in the spring game. He is considered a power back, but I would consider him more along the lines of an every down back that has the ability to make the first guy miss.

A new signing from this week is T Tony Bullock. Bullock will be waiting in the wings, and probably starting by his junior year. He will have time to work and improve his strength, and will also need to work on his run blocking techniques.

I have a recruit that I would like to talk about with all of the 5* and 6* prestige teams (The ones I am talking to know who you are). You buttheads (to quote Steve Smith) missed him completely. Didn't even look at him until week 6. I have been working this guy since week #1, so back off. You guys can have all your :4stars: and :5stars: talent, I will take my hidden gems. I wasn't even on his board, but I kept calling him and calling him. He just had a visit with Texas this past week, but wasn't convinced that he should attend their fine university, yet. I plan on keeping it that way. He will be waiting to commit until he visits beautiful Waco, Texas. He is scheduled to come in during week 11, our home game with in-state rival TAMU. He will have further convincing this week to not go to Texas, when he finds out that Baylor is the new "King of the State".

Mike

2. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Baylor has been working to reload their LB corp. We have signed 3 OLB's that look to fit our mold. Shane Mills, Mike Jones, and Tony Davis all come in looking to help out on the front seven next season. Davis may be making the move to MLB with his skill set, and Mills looks like he will be on the 2-deep next season.

Mike

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

The Baylor Bears would like to announce the signings of FS John Jean and G Duane Larsen. These guys will be looking at either a RS year their first year, or otherwise special teams play. Larsen needs to bulk up his first season if he is going to make it in the Big12.

Mike