BAD NEWS: No improvements to Online Franchise...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

BAD NEWS: Minimal improvements to Online Franchise...

E3 Feature Announcement and Career Modes Update
    by Phil Frazier 06/11/10 1:50 PM

The Madden team couldn’t be happier with how the community and press have responded to the features we’ve announced for Madden NFL 11 so far. GameFlow, Game Planning, Locomotion, Dual Stick Control, improved offensive line play and blocking, the addition of Gus Johnson- everything we’ve done to the game was to make Madden NFL 11 more authentic, more responsive, and deeper than ever before. So, thanks to all of you who have helped validate this direction and continued to show your support for the franchise. We’re all getting ready for E3 and are looking forward to announcing yet another major feature- this time for online. So, tune into GTTV’s E3 All Access Special on Spike, tonight June 11th, at 11:00 PM EST, hosted by Geoff Keighley and Supermodel Marisa Miller to get the inside scoop.

In the meantime, we’d like to address some areas of the game that we know are hot on many of your radars, specifically the Franchise and SuperStar modes. Last year we delivered Online Franchise and while it was received very well by community and press, the usage was among the lowest for any of our gameplay modes. What this said to us was that Franchise mode as whole needed more than just a new access point, it needed a complete refresh. As most of you know, Franchise mode debuted in Madden NFL 99 on PlayStation, and since then, we’ve been adding on layers and layers of code each year to make it the most authentic experience possible. As console technology has evolved, it’s become increasingly more difficult to evolve the mode in-kind, since we are handcuffed by the limitations of the code from so many years in the past. To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be.

We feel great about where we’ve taken the foundation of Madden NFL and are ready to refocus on building Franchise and SuperStar from the ground up. We have already assembled a team fully dedicated on setting the vision for what Franchise and SuperStar modes can and should be in the future. Since we are starting with a clean canvas heading into Madden NFL 12, we want the community to help us shape our direction- starting NOW. Let us know what you’d like to see in Madden career modes in the future. We’re not just looking for small add-ons either. We want your big ideas. What would revolutionize career modes in your opinion?

Click here for the link.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Well that's some bad news. Although I have to be honest, I kind of feel EA on this one. Make the huge gameplay changes this year, then the huge franny changes next year. I'm OK with that as long as two things happen.

1) Gameplay and AI have been improved dramatically.

2) They actually overhaul the entire franchise and online franny like they say they are going to.

If they don't do this then they could just turn me off of the game forever. Let's not have any Molyneaux moments at EA please. Just tell us the truth about what's coming.

Damn this sucks...especially the day after we go premier. What bad timing.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

If the gameplay is better thats great.

They did mention these improvments however...

While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be.

Those sound great imo as long as the game is better on the field I can live with a few minor improvments.

I sure hope the drafts are a bit more random however. So you dont have a class that has the same players in it each time like this game did.

4. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

I think whats so disappointing is when online franchise first came out the devopers said since its online based it could be inmproved upon during the year.

We waited and waited and nothing improved.

Now it turns out Madden 11 is coming out and still no improvment. At the VERY least they should fix the tiebreaker formula. I'm no programmer but that can't me that difficult.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

yeah it could be worse. I was looking forward to mass improvements like they have to NCAA. Only time will tell what the game encompasses until it is released.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I told you, I told you, I told you. Pricks. Surprised they just didn't take online franny out totally.

7. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

i think these changes like the gameplaning and tuning draft class is only for offline franchise not online

8. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Honestly i just wanted a practice mode, fix the tiebreakers, and make the draft more random.

But, you can't just run an online franchise effectively without having an outer-source like a forum or website. There are probably only a handful of quality leagues like we have here. The overall base of players do not use online franchise and only touch the game for the first 3-5 months. I love online franchise and it saved madden for me. I dont care if theres not any improvements. I want my new rosters and hopefully some better gameplay.

I love this engine they use now or whatever. It makes madden more arcade like with the movement, like ps2 madden was. Madden 09 and 08 were too based on looks or real NFL feel or something.

9. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya i am not that upset, even if nothing changed, the OMFL has a great system here to keep rolling.

10. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Sounds like a bunch of sales BS to me. The old bait and switch! Reading other forums I am willing to bet this will cut their sales next year by alot. People are going to be angry. This makes me even happier to be part of such a great league like the OMFL. We are already prepared for this and have rules in place to run smoothly right out of the gate.

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

This....x1000